GM Inside News Forum banner

2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Gains Mean-Looking Fury Pack Down Under

7K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  hq308 
#1 ·
2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Gains Mean-Looking Fury Pack Down Under
Car Scoops
Dan Mihalascu
09-16-2020

Walkinshaw Performance (WP) has announced a new Fury Pack for the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in Australia.

GM’s partner Down Under is offering visual upgrades and performance parts for the full-size pickup truck. Available exclusively for models remanufactured by HSV and equipped with the 6.2-liter V8 engine, the Fury Pack includes a WP cat-back sports exhaust system and a 2-inch (51-mm) lift kit for the suspension courtesy of 35-mm (1.4-inch) MTV dampers.

The suspension upgrade is designed to maintain the truck’s on road handling as well as comfort and stability on harsh terrain; it’s also said to improve towing stability and tracking when hauling heavy loads, and body control across all applications. Walkinshaw Performance performed a 14,000-kilometer (8,700-mile) lap of Australia over the harshest terrain to validate the hardware.
*Full Article at Link

See less See more
#7 ·
Is that why they left the market? I've never been to Australia, but via Australian posts on GMI I've always felt like Holden's image was tied to the past - cars that people loved but no longer want. Holden couldn't convert its customer base to modern vehicles. In other words everyone wanted Holden to build the Ute and Commodore but few actually wanted to buy them anymore.

#23 ·
With GM HQ siphoning money and talent out of Holden the Commodore wasn't able to be updated with new technologies to compete against more updated models from other brands. The VE could have had the volt's hybrid technology around 2013 in the VF and it would have given them a huge sales boost. A large car with much improved fuel mileage and an electric range for city driving. That alone would have driven the VF sales upward in the fleet market. Taxi's used to be all Commodores, Falcon's and Camry's. They still are hybrid camry's these days but if the Commodore was made hybrid then sales.

It underlines the fact that the biggest mistake Holden did was move in to the left hand drive market and raising the wrath of GM HQ. They should have focussed on moving in to larger RHD markets instead.

#24 · (Edited)
With GM HQ siphoning money and talent out of Holden the Commodore wasn't able to be updated with new technologies to compete against more updated models from other brands. The VE could have had the volt's hybrid technology around 2013 in the VF and it would have given them a huge sales boost. A large car with much improved fuel mileage and an electric range for city driving. That alone would have driven the VF sales upward in the fleet market. Taxi's used to be all Commodores, Falcon's and Camry's. They still are hybrid camry's these days but if the Commodore was made hybrid then sales.
The Volt was a new, ground-up design, specifically tailored to fit that large battery, and an electric drivetrain. You aren't going to just stuff all that into an existing ICE drivetrain vehicle and make that work well. Perhaps one of the "mild" hybrid setups, such as that offered in the Malibus and Silverados could have worked. But Those hybrids didn't even survive long.

It underlines the fact that the biggest mistake Holden did was move in to the left hand drive market and raising the wrath of GM HQ. They should have focussed on moving in to larger RHD markets instead.
The larger RHD markets are pretty heavily insulated against foreign products.

Personally, I loved the Holdens that did get offered in the US, and bought one of each of the three. But it was pretty apparent that GM had no desire to sell them, and wasn't really trying to.

The Holden-designed Camaro was nice too, but I didn't have one of those.

#25 ·
Another thing that hurt Holden near the end was the HFV6 timing chain issues. I would have liked a VF SV6 but I have no desire to own another HFV6 as most people I've talked to about it say the issues were never really solved.

Do the US made HFV6s suffer from timing chain failure?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.