2019 Chevrolet Silverado High Country 4x4 Crew Cab: Pros And Cons - Page 9

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Chevrolet Silverado High Country 4x4 Crew Cab: Pros And Cons

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,440 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Re: 2019 Chevrolet Silverado High Country 4x4 Crew Cab: Pros And Cons

Quote Originally Posted by TruckMan View Post
    Again, I don't see how the Ram "crushes" the GM trucks. Maybe on price? Interior storage? I disagree. Ram has nice in-floor storage in the back, but GM now has the under-seat AND in-seat storage in the rear. And GM front console appears to be MUCH larger than Ram's. Does the Ram come with wireless phone charging yet? Locking vault inside the console? I'll give the Ram the edge in looks and price, but there's no "crushing" or "embarrassment" going around. Larger screen vs HUD = tie.

I don't think it's bad at all. Great? No. It's functional, but not luxurious. GM should have a "luxurious" trim for the Denali and HC.
    Did you just idiotically look over Van's post on why he bought a used Ram over a NEW Silverado. You're being obtuse on purpose.

The in seat storage?!?! That barely fits an iPad?!?! Jesus. The console? Have you actually played with the new Ram console? Yea, I think not.

"We wanted to make sure we can use larger phones or an iPad in the cellphone holder area, and it’s wireless so your phone can be charging," Nagode said. “We have a center console that can be maneuvered so you can put a purse in there, a gallon of milk ... it’s flexible storage so if you want your cup holders there you can have them, or tuck those away and use the console storage.”

The 2019 Ram's front-row center console is bigger and offers multiple ways to configure it for daily use compared with the outgoing Ram, which had one configuration and held 23 liters. The console in the 2019 Ram holds up to 39 liters and has 12 configurations, Nagode said.

Given that many people want to store items securely and out of sight, Ram designers put locks on the glove compartments and created two in-floor storage bins in the rear. Those bins are 9 inches deep, 17 inches long and 5 inches wide. In total, they are 5 inches longer than bins in the outgoing model, meaning they can hold a drop hitch. Mopar sells locks for the in-floor bins, Nagode said.

Under the rear seats, Ram offers a flip-out storage area that holds longer, awkward items such as fishing rods, a packed tent, folding chairs or a 4-foot level for contractors, Nagode said.
    You ready for this little gem???

The Silverado spokesperson said the lighted compartment holds 20.2 liters. The driver can also use small exposed compartments on each side of the floor console by the driver and front passenger seats for umbrellas, cell phones and flashlights.

Because of its depth and side grooves, Wagner hangs his office folders inside of it, he said.

There is a built-in light in the enter console, and for $50 a customer can add a tray organizer accessory to the console, Redinger said.
    39 iters on the Ram. 20.2 on the Silverado and you have to pay for the organizer!!!!

The Ram at least gives you 7 different interiors. 7!!! GM has the same damn interior in every single trim. You're absolutely right in that part. It's embarrassing.

Where is that Crow?
    Last edited by bballr4567; 03-29-2019 at 10:37 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bballr4567 For This Useful Post:

69gtsdart (03-29-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    GMC Sierra SLE/ 2018/ Slate

I would be glad to get 17 MPG combined, my 2018 Sierra, 5.3L is getting 11 MPG combined.

Thanks

Somebody's having a heavy flow day...geez! This thread has turned to a circus and gold-medal pissing contest. No discussion, just barb-throwing and insults. Everyone buy what you want, no one gives a crap why you made the decision you did. Personal preference is all that matters. Just be kind enough to leave your psychologists' number for others to call if needed.
    2020 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD High Country
    2019 Buick Regal TourX
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shotgun For This Useful Post:

Dheart (03-30-2019),richmond2000 (03-30-2019),supermoto (03-30-2019),TruckMan (03-30-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC redriderjf87's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1981 Camaro Z-28

The bodywork getting so tall on these new FS trucks is the main turn off for me, that and Silverado's front end which is a little too busy in my opinion. Otherwise the Silverado is growing on me, despite being auto-only. And keep the column shifter
    1981 Camaro Z-28 - 383 SBC, FiTech EFI, TKO600, 4.11's

2015 Colorado WT - 2.5L, 6-spd

2018 Yamaha TW200 - bone stock

9. The Following User Says Thank You to redriderjf87 For This Useful Post:

09W (03-30-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 TruckMan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,412 Times in 1,172 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sierra Denali 6.2L

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Somebody's having a heavy flow day...geez! This thread has turned to a circus and gold-medal pissing contest. No discussion, just barb-throwing and insults. Everyone buy what you want, no one gives a crap why you made the decision you did. Personal preference is all that matters. Just be kind enough to leave your psychologists' number for others to call if needed.
    Like I said earlier - it’s the new GMI where GM gets “crushed” by every other OEM because they don’t have one thing that some flamboyant spaz thinks is the end of the world. And don’t try to provide any counter logic or you’ll called a fanboi.
    GMI Site Rules: 11. "Trolling", or making posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. We define trolling as a member that appears to have the sole purpose of posting just to spite the majority of the site or cause flame wars in threads they participate in. PLEASE respect differing opinions on the site at all times!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TruckMan For This Useful Post:

Dheart (03-30-2019),jzchev28 (03-30-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member jzchev28's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,261 Times in 1,169 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Silverado Z71 Blue Topaz

Like I said earlier - it’s the new GMI where GM gets “crushed” by every other OEM because they don’t have one thing that some flamboyant spaz thinks is the end of the world. And don’t try to provide any counter logic or you’ll called a fanboi.
    That's pretty much the point I was attempting to make by going to the opposite extreme, these trucks from GM Ford and FCA are all good choices. The biggest thing separating them is styling and usability. Frankly it is all opinion based to what each person believes fits "their needs" or fictional needs in many cases(especially on GMI) the best. Calling one an abomination over the other is just plain childish and I can play that game as well. If you really and delusionally in my opinion, think the Silverado is so outclassed by the Ram, that's fine, enjoy your new purchase you probably won't make anyway.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jzchev28 For This Useful Post:

Dheart (03-30-2019),richmond2000 (03-30-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,164 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

Quote Originally Posted by jzchev28 View Post
    That's pretty much the point I was attempting to make by going to the opposite extreme, these trucks from GM Ford and FCA are all good choices. The biggest thing separating them is styling and usability. Frankly it is all opinion based to what each person believes fits "their needs" or fictional needs in many cases(especially on GMI) the best. Calling one an abomination over the other is just plain childish and I can play that game as well. If you really and delusionally in my opinion, think the Silverado is so outclassed by the Ram, that's fine, enjoy your new purchase you probably won't make anyway.
    IMHO there is NO "BAD" choices the NISSAN TITAN SV with the "endurance" engine is WAY better / more capable as a TRUCK and as a CAR then what we DROVE 10 years ago

I believe EVERY car/truck/van ETC needs a REASON to exist / that ONE thing to CHOOSE it over the OTHER AWESOME choices

my take

RAM top trim interiors / ALL trim PT options / cash on hood / nice package versions like the warlock OR SPORT

F150 sales champ / excellent engines - 10 speed across the board

Toy/Nissan quality reputation

this is where the GM twins IMHO lacks - 6.2 retuned for 87 pump cost plus avail in ALL trims W/T included 10 speed across the board V6 W/T included then they can boast the most capable / efficient power train across the lineup

OR make MRC and the "multi-PRO" tailgate cost plus options on LT+ trims

SOMETHING to "rave" about

Silverado LT 2 with 6.2L MRC WIth multi-PRO would be good enough to "undo" the subjectively "bad" interiors

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

OH... So you aren't going to respond to the fact that you just guessed that the Ram doesn't have wireless charging OR a larger console that doesn't force you to spend extra for an organization tray?? It "appears" to be much larger. Lmao. The Ram has 148 liters of interior storage. Silverado has 70. Keep shooting and you'll eventually hit something.

You didn't even know if the Ram had it but you were slamming it anyway. Man up and admit that it's not one thing the GM twins are missing, it's multiple.

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 556 Posts
    My Ride
    '18 Dodge Charger SXT Blacktop

The owner of the GM dealership I work at and a friend of mine even stated the last generation RAM with air suspension rode and drove better than any truck GM ever built and he is the farthest thing from a Mopar fan. I haven't driven a current generation truck but I've driven several of the last and I personally think they are some of the nicest driving trucks on the market.

I'm a huge GM truck fan but I have to admit the current generation is a half-step behind on the interiors and the Chevy IMO is a terrible looking truck. The AT4 and Sierra SLT's are some of the nicest looking trucks on the road while the current F-150 does nothing for me and the RAM is nice if a bit bland in some areas. The interiors are SO cheap and the panel fitment on some is atrocious. If the materials were better I could even handle the overall plain design but combine both and it's just not ok.
    2018 Dodge Charger SXT Blacktop (Plum Crazy Purple)

GMI Staff Member Premium Member vanshmack's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jzchev28 View Post
    My opinion is childish? Whatever, my friend, but until GM puts a decent interior into its trucks and corrects at least SOME of the other things that I pointed out in my previous post, they won't be getting my business anytime soon. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Meanwhile, I'll be rolling around in this:

1958 Chevrolet Apache - The wife's project
    1988 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z L98
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 900
    2015 BMW X1 xDrive35i M-Sport
    2016 Ram Laramie Longhorn

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vanshmack For This Useful Post:

Ed753 (03-30-2019),Envoy4Life (04-06-2019),Extreme4x4 (04-01-2019),fastrehotrods (04-01-2019),rjpoog1989 (03-31-2019),ryannel2003 (03-31-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

And some say that interior isn't better than the T1! Ha!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bballr4567 For This Useful Post:

vanshmack (03-30-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ranchman View Post
    So how exactly does Ram take anything but interior to new levels....just curious? Outside is a massive step backwards, plain and completely unimaginative, the engines are absolute DEAD last in power and fuel economy, their top transmission 2 cogs shy of Ford and GM, the quality control is woeful....absolutely embarrassing actually when you look on the 5th gen Ram forums... I mean I'm not all that impressed with the new Sierra/Silverado either, they need some work for sure, but the new Ram really doesn't crush it in any regard besides its awesome interior.

And Envoy, why in the world would they 86 the 5.3? Have you ever took the time to see that the DUD 5.3 keeps up with the almighty Rams only V8 engine offering? All while returning much better fuel economy?

And I offer my opinions as a TRUE truck buyer. I currently own a Ram, and have had F150's (both EB's) and Sierras in the past.
    Great points, I can tell you actually own Trucks and know what REAL TRUCK buyers look for.

The comment about the 22" Wheels almost made me stop reading the article, REAL Truck buyers know that 18" are about the largest rims you want on a Off-Road Truck due to the fact you need some tire sidewall to allow "Airing Down" and that sidewall can add traction when off roading in deep mud and rocky trails.

Also do not agree with the comment on GM's interior vs. Ford, GM's lower level trim interiors are far better than Ford's. True GM dropped the ball on the LTZ/SLT and up levels and need to add a few optional features to the LT/SLE level trims, but overall the interiors are far from being disasters and offer a H.U.D. that you cannot get on competitors Trucks.

Totally agree with the comment on the 5.3L, not a problem with that engine (an engine that has been the only choice for the Tahoe/Suburban and Non Denali Yukons until recently, AND it is attached to a 6-speed Auto at that!!) I have owned (3) 5.3L Sierra's and have never had an issue with their power, nor have I ever talked to a GM Full Size Truck or SUV with a 5.3L who didn't like it - had plenty of power for them and they all rave about the real world MPG's it delivers. Of course not everyone is going to be happy with the 5.3L, especially when something like 16 to 18 million of them are on the road as they account for 83% of 1500 Truck sales. The 5.3L has proven to be a durable engine capable of 300,000+ miles of service without major issues and as you correctly point out can hold it's own in real world use against Ford, Nissan, RAM and Toyota's comparable offerings while delivering better MPG's than most of them.

Yes, GM needs to make some updates to the LTZ/SLT and up interiors (something I have posted at least a dozen times), and for another time, where are the premium material options for the Denali? How about a higher line sound system? Better Seats with more functions (like Ford's massaging seats) and GM needs to add power tilt/telescoping Steering Wheel along with adding the power pedals that were dropped for 2019 along with the turn signals in the rear view mirrors.

Gas tank is too small and there is zero reason not to offer a larger one as an option, same with gearing, where is the 3.55 or 3.73's in the 1500?

Where are the electric lockers on the Trail Boss and AT4 packages? Trail Control? How about a disconnecting sway bar and a winch?

The 10 Speed has to be the standard transmission for all LT/SLE and up trims and the 8-speed offered on the WT/Custom and Sierra, the 8-speed is used on the Express/Savana with the 4.3L V6 and those are the same commercial fleet buyers who buy GM Trucks, so why not match RAM at the Fleet level, and better Ford at the BOTH the Fleet and Retail level by making the 8-speed standard for fleet and base Retail trims? Better yet just make the 10-speed standard no matter what engine or trim.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to SierraGS For This Useful Post:

rjpoog1989 (03-31-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaBangBang View Post
    Checked out a Silvie today after reading this article on M1.. I had to agree. Simply can not figure out why the hell Chevy/GM decided to do this interior in the higher trims. I get it on anything under the RST.. maybe.. But why on the upper trims. IN FACT.. Why does GM give these vehicle different interiors than the SUVS? The Tahoe interior from 2015 would blow the competition away..

I get that its 5 years old.. but why would I in designing these trucks pick this layout:

over this Layout:

Agree, if GM was going to use a "carry over" interior, why not use the nicer one?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SierraGS For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (03-30-2019),Dheart (03-30-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    You sure? Might want to double check that.

Here you go, I'll do it for you:

The Chevy only needs regular fuel, so it has that advantage, but as far as what was tested, the Ram is more efficient.

As far as performance goes, MT found the Ram 5.7L faster than the Chevy 5.3L, by nearly half a second:

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ram/...t-test-review/

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...t-test-review/

Now granted most people don't go out and buy full-size trucks for 0-60 times or 1 MPG better fuel economy, but if you can get a faster truck that's more efficient with a miles better interior for CHEAPER than the competition, why wouldn't you???

That's why the new trucks suck. They do nothing better than the competition, yet GM thinks they are able to charge a premium for them. It won't work.
    You might want to check what real world MPG's are for those trucks..............

And a 1/2 sec better 0-60 doesn't mean much in the real world, especially in a Truck, it is not a Camaro vs Challenger thing.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member vanshmack's Avatar
    Thanks

IMHO, the GM interior actually photographs better than it looks in person. There's a blockiness to the dash that was very unappealing and decidedly downscale in a truck that prices out near $50k...at least, that was the sticker on the one we looked at. We'd have been much more receptive to the Silverado had it used the Tahoe/Yukon interior and seats.
    1958 Chevrolet Apache - The wife's project
    1988 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z L98
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 900
    2015 BMW X1 xDrive35i M-Sport
    2016 Ram Laramie Longhorn

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vanshmack For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (03-30-2019),Ed753 (03-30-2019),Envoy4Life (04-06-2019),ryannel2003 (03-31-2019)

28. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread Information