2019 Chevrolet Silverado High Country 4x4 Crew Cab: Pros And Cons - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Chevrolet Silverado High Country 4x4 Crew Cab: Pros And Cons

Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 623 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

Re: 2019 Chevrolet Silverado High Country 4x4 Crew Cab: Pros And Cons

I think the interior is fine. It's not a Dodge interior but the idea that its "lousy" is nonsense.

Personally I think the Silverados are the best looking new pickups on the road. If I was in the market I would buy in a heartbeat.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kool1 For This Useful Post:

Dheart (03-26-2019),eklauss (03-26-2019),jzchev28 (03-26-2019),RamJet502 (03-28-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks
    I agree that the exterior and engineering of the trucks are the best of the three, but even I have to get in GM for not at least having a more luxo interior in their High Country and Denali trims. That's literally the whole point of buying that high up the food chain. I think they should revise it. It genuinely is getting pummeled in reviews and it actually is the one thing that gives other trucks the edge.

At one point I argued that in a truck the interior was not the primary reason one should have issue.. but we have to remember that honestly.. the car/truck guys off our father's and even our days are not the car/truck guys off today. These are the type of cats that call up roadside when their vehicle gets a flat and the spare and jack are just 2ft away. I literally watched a dude standing on the sidewalk with his hands on his hips.. while a female cop changed his tire for him 😞 .

Anyway I say that they should redo this interior not because a truck should have a luxury car interior, but because the clientele they now cater to are the same clientele that actually has on their contact list a local pedicure shop.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaBangBang For This Useful Post:

AMERICA 123 (03-28-2019),Dheart (03-26-2019),SierraGS (03-30-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    1969 Camaro | 2015 Sierra

The underwhelming interior aesthetics of the 2019 trucks was the sole reason I chose a 2018 Sierra SLT crew cab a few months back. I had my heart set on a 2019 AT4 too. The Ram did well on the interior, but go checkout 5thgenrams.com and see the plagues of electrical issues those trucks are having...lipstick on a pig. I hope the next generation of GM trucks does better or sadly, I'll actually have to consider an F-150

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Give them the 10 speed with the decent engine (6.2) on any trim and it will sell like hotcakes. I think there is some competition out there that does that, not sure who....
    While at it, maybe throw in the normal tcase in there, you know, just cause it still an effin truck, for crying out loud !

9. The Following User Says Thank You to canadian.bacon For This Useful Post:

eklauss (03-26-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kex1969 View Post
    The underwhelming interior aesthetics of the 2019 trucks was the sole reason I chose a 2018 Sierra SLT crew cab a few months back. I had my heart set on a 2019 AT4 too. The Ram did well on the interior, but go checkout 5thgenrams.com and see the plagues of electrical issues those trucks are having...lipstick on a pig. I hope the next generation of GM trucks does better or sadly, I'll actually have to consider an F-150
    While at it, check the f150forum for the problems with 2018s. Close to 200 pages now, I think. None of the automakers are that much better than each-other, with the exception of the Tundra maybe, but I wont buy expensive tech from 10 years ago, no matter how reliable it is.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canadian.bacon For This Useful Post:

eklauss (03-26-2019),richmond2000 (03-26-2019)

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

Ram interior is best in class hands down- but saying that also means these trucks are horrible is a stretch. All the major pickups are very good, the Ram just has a luxury car like interior when the others do not. Very few ram test vehicles have the 8.4 inch screen even though that is likely to be what is found in the majority of Ram models sold. I think the presence of the 12 in tablet screen is a major factor in why the media has been so impressed with the Ram interior. I dont necessarily think it's something that actual truck owners will be nearly as excited about or willing to pay for.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to syakov For This Useful Post:

Dheart (03-26-2019),eklauss (03-26-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2018 Chevy 3500 CC, LB Duramax

GM has got to stop the practice of overhauling portions of the pickup at a time. This seems to have started during the bankruptcy years and has continued. The issue is the market moves wayyyy too fast to only address portions of pickup. The exterior got the extent of the attention (while I don't find the exterior of the 1500 polarizing, I am not sure that it looks as attractive as it should be). The interior was practically a carry over, that doesn't cut it.....obviously. I don't find the interior bad, actually I like the ergonomics, but on the higher trim levels, it simply is not "high end" enough to be competitive. PRICE. while not only a GM issue, they certainly are not helping. My commercial sales guy says that few working people can afford a new pickup. It tends to be businesses and business owners, but not the average guy that works an average job. The costs have exceeded the ability for a large portion of the working population to afford them. I believe that he is correct. The automakers are trying to hit a home run on every sale, something GM is certainly apart of. That is why the price is so high on the higher trim levels with minimal content relative to the competition and what should be expected at the price point these are selling for.
    2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1 AGM/2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1/1LE on order.
    2018 Chevy 3500 CC LB SRW Duramax

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

First off, who really gives a flying damn about how many badges the truck has?

Secondly, 1) It’s somehow GM’s problem/fault that customers are willing to pay over $60K for these vehicles? The author’s outdated notion of what a truck is to most people makes this a baseless argument. THESE ARE NO LONGER “BEASTS OF BURDEN”. These are the new American family/luxury car. 2) I’m getting REAL sick of the media critiquing GM’s pricing. For DECADES, European automakers have essentially ripped people off with high prices and sometimes even 5-figure options. No one flinches. But now that GM is focused on profit over volume, all the sudden new introductions have to be trashed before they hit the market (often baselessly, as with the XT6). It’s nothing more than just one more means for the media/“tastemakers” to try to destroy GM.

3) I’m also really tired of hearing about the styling. Last generation, all we heard was incessant bitching about how conservative the trucks were. Now, all the sudden, ‘OH NO! THEY TEH SPACESHIPS!!111!!’ In The Trail Boss review, the author tried his best to paint the truck as ugly, yet he openly ADMITS that random folks AND the TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC (now creatively renamed the derogatory term “Chevy Bros”) compliment the design. How the hell is that a MISS? Personally, I think the trucks are badass.

As for the Trail Boss review, sounds like Motor1 shouldn’t send a Honda-driving pansy to review a quasi-off-road truck... “OH TEH NOES!!! IT RIDES LIKE A... LIKE A LIFTED TRUCK! *gasp*”

Re: the interior — YES! It does need to be nicer. But, it isn’t the “junk” these reviewers make it out to be.

Re: the Ram. — Sure, it’s nice. But it sure as hell isn’t setting the standard. It’s just that the media’s bigger target is GM. Ram will get dealt with if/when they’re ever able to completely turn the tide against GM.
    Last edited by FUTURE_OF_GM 2.0; 03-26-2019 at 09:04 AM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FUTURE_OF_GM 2.0 For This Useful Post:

Dheart (03-26-2019),eklauss (03-26-2019),jzchev28 (03-26-2019),SierraGS (03-30-2019)

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syakov View Post
    Ram interior is best in class hands down- but saying that also means these trucks are horrible is a stretch. All the major pickups are very good, the Ram just has a luxury car like interior when the others do not. Very few ram test vehicles have the 8.4 inch screen even though that is likely to be what is found in the majority of Ram models sold. I think the presence of the 12 in tablet screen is a major factor in why the media has been so impressed with the Ram interior. I dont necessarily think it's something that actual truck owners will be nearly as excited about or willing to pay for.
    According to Ram, Demand for the 12 is increasing. to the point they made a new trim package for the Rebel with the 12 called "Rebel 12" package. the system is very Usefull as its not just a Big Screen, Its 2 Screens in one.

Maybe from a Business Stand point, it was Wise for FCA to Put RAM into its own company, having its own CEO, Management Team, Design Team, Research and Development Team with its own Budget. they dont have to share a Team with whom who works on Dart.
    Last edited by 69gtsdart; 03-26-2019 at 09:11 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 69gtsdart For This Useful Post:

AMERICA 123 (03-28-2019),richmond2000 (03-26-2019)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,205 Times in 2,416 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

There is so much head in the sand going on in here it's laughable.

Get over it guys. The Silverado is in a solid 3rd place for this truck. Yes, they're nice and they ride good and are great trucks but there are others that are better.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bballr4567 For This Useful Post:

AMERICA 123 (03-28-2019),Extreme4x4 (03-26-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (03-28-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

So I was at the car show and sat in the New Ram. Its not that great. That big screen is ridiculous to have. Its wasn't that clear either. Also having your HVAC only in the screen is dumb. Screen goes out not control over any HVAC. The Gm interior looks fine for a truck and exterior has much more touch look than the Ram has. Gm interior looks simple and easy the use also. The Ram's you have to figure out where everything is on the screen which is dumb. Gm could have made more changes to the interior but focus groups liked it so it seems they should have asked new buyers and not old buyers. Also I don't know anyone that thinks you need these be ass screens in a vehicle. Only those who are more about flair and less about usefulness thinks you need them.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pontiacgt02 For This Useful Post:

Dheart (03-26-2019),eklauss (03-26-2019)

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

GM needs to offer at least a 30+ gallon fuel tank. I have had 4 Chevy trucks with the 26 gal tank. I decided to try a F150 in 2015 with a 36 gal tank and I love it. My next truck this year or next will most likely be a F150 with a 36 gal fuel tank.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TruckFan For This Useful Post:

AMERICA 123 (03-28-2019),eklauss (03-26-2019),SierraGS (03-30-2019)

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pontiacgt02 View Post
    So I was at the car show and sat in the New Ram. Its not that great. That big screen is ridiculous to have. 1 Its wasn't that clear either. 2 Also having your HVAC only in the screen is dumb. 3 Screen goes out not control over any HVAC.
    4 The Gm interior looks fine for a truck and exterior has much more touch look than the Ram has. Gm interior looks simple and easy the use also. 5 The Ram's you have to figure out where everything is on the screen which is dumb. Gm could have made more changes to the interior but focus groups liked it so it seems they should have asked new buyers and not old buyers. Also I don't know anyone that thinks you need these be ass screens in a vehicle. 6 Only those who are more about flair and less about usefulness thinks you need them.
    You Clearly havent been in the Ram.

1. No Unconnect is what you Described at "wasnt that clear"
    2. NO FCA product puts its HVAC in screen only.
    3. You talking gibberish trying to discredit the Ram.
    4. Clearly, GM interiors of the trucks (even in General) are lacking says most of the people in this Topic.
    5. The Button Layout in New RAM is no different than the last Generation. 12in Screen no different than the 8in. The Bottons are just lower on the control stack. You can program the 12 to have 2 Screens, 1 could be primarily HVAC and the other can be Audio
    6. the 12 is the 2nd most useful part of the RAM now you have a Screen where you can have always have a Eye on whatever you are towing while still have access to your GPS.

Overall, there is always that one Post that begins with "I was at a Car show or Dealer and XYZ wasnt that better than 123".
    Last edited by 69gtsdart; 03-26-2019 at 09:37 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to 69gtsdart For This Useful Post:

RedSkyBlackDream (03-28-2019)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,205 Times in 2,416 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by pontiacgt02 View Post
    So I was at the car show and sat in the New Ram. Its not that great. That big screen is ridiculous to have. Its wasn't that clear either. Also having your HVAC only in the screen is dumb. Screen goes out not control over any HVAC. The Gm interior looks fine for a truck and exterior has much more touch look than the Ram has. Gm interior looks simple and easy the use also. The Ram's you have to figure out where everything is on the screen which is dumb. Gm could have made more changes to the interior but focus groups liked it so it seems they should have asked new buyers and not old buyers. Also I don't know anyone that thinks you need these be ass screens in a vehicle. Only those who are more about flair and less about usefulness thinks you need them.
    Any pictures??

Yea.....it's not THAT clear. Not at all.

Plus, as the video CLEARLY, (see what I did there???) there are buttons to control the HVAC next to the screen. I'm glad I quoted this so you cant delete it later.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bballr4567 For This Useful Post:

eklauss (03-26-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (03-28-2019),richmond2000 (03-26-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member jzchev28's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,153 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Silverado Z71 Blue Topaz

The usual band wagon Silverado trashers are here I see, many of whom aren't even truck buyers. The new Silverado is a fantastic truck and it looks badass, I really don't care if it has 40" touchscreen or what you people think is a fancy interior. I can't wait to test out the new LD diesel and find out if that will be my next truck.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jzchev28 For This Useful Post:

AMERICA 123 (03-28-2019),Dheart (03-26-2019),eklauss (03-26-2019),RamJet502 (03-28-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (03-28-2019),SierraGS (03-30-2019)

31. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information