2014 Trucks Start Arriving in Late May; HP, Torque, Pricing Coming Soon

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Trucks Start Arriving in Late May; HP, Torque, Pricing Coming Soon

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

2014 Trucks Start Arriving in Late May; HP, Torque, Pricing Coming Soon

The latest on GM's new trucks.
    www.GMInsideNews.com
    March 11, 2013
    By: Nick Saporito

Just about every detail of General Motors’ 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups is already known, except when they will arrive on dealership lots. According to dealership sources, the new trucks should begin to arrive in late May, but not all engines and variations will be available out the gate.

GM is expected to utilize a phased rollout of the new trucks, much like it did with the GMT-900s several years ago. Sources say the crew cabs will begin showing up in late May or early June, while extended cab and regular cab versions will follow several weeks behind.

The new trucks will eventually be available with three all-new engines—aptly named EcoTec3, however, only the high-volume 5.3-liter V-8 will be on lots when the trucks arrive in late spring. Sources state the 4.3-liter V-6 will arrive about two months after the initial launch while the hefty 6.2-liter V-8 will not launch until the fourth quarter of this year.

Besides the trucks’ arrival dates, two other key elements are still hidden – power figures and pricing. GM is expected to publish horsepower and torque figures when the media drive the new trucks in the next couple of months.

Dealer sources also state that GM will release 2014 Silverado and Sierra pricing later this month. Prices are expected to stay near the 2013 models, which in recent weeks have seen a mid-model year hike.

Although GMI drove the new trucks late last year at GM’s proving grounds, driving impressions are embargoed until later this year. Expect full reviews of the Silverado and Sierra later this spring.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 MrCritical's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 2014 Trucks Start Arriving in Late May; HP, Torque, Pricing Coming Soon

Fuel mileage?

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 calgaryhhr's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Chevy HHR 09 Ford Flex Ltd

I'm sure the 5.3L V8 will be the volume leader but I hate that GM can't offer more than a single engine option at launch.
    Research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member NoStopN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,451 Times in 1,434 Posts
    My Ride
    19 Ram, 69 GMC, 04 Alero

Son of a witch. We need that power & fuel economy info NOW. The Rams at my local dealer are looking dang good. The only thing missing from them is the 8-speed automatic.
    Hidden Content

I love you, Dad. 8/25/57-3/28/11

Hidden Content

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 KingElvis's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '10 DODGE RAM ST RC HEMI 4.10

I thought I had seen a story saying we'd get the HP and economy figures in MARCH - now it's going to be "the next couple of months" but that's April and May. So we won't know the figures until they are already being sold?
    Check out my automotive blog Hidden Content

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Kia Soul Turbo/ 2018 CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by SCCA1995 View Post
    Son of a witch. We need that power & fuel economy info NOW. The Rams at my local dealer are looking dang good. The only thing missing from them is the 8-speed automatic.
    I agree, I don't know if I want to say its crazy..or just stupid..that GM showed off the trucks already what...a couple months ago...but they are still delaying releasing specs. Sure, they can do what they want and it may not have a big impact on sales...but it is just annoying.

This has the feeling of the old GM "engineering by press release", where the perception was GM was behind in technology...so they tell us what is coming...but then keep pushing the date back and back.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 SeetheUSA's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Dodge Durango

Just like the Malibu...staggered start. I want to slap somebody at HQ! Bring out the freakin numbers already. They aren't going to make or break this truck- many minds are already made up whether they want it or not.

Stupid.
    Get used to more.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 SeetheUSA's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Dodge Durango

Quote Originally Posted by KingElvis View Post
    I thought I had seen a story saying we'd get the HP and economy figures in MARCH - now it's going to be "the next couple of months" but that's April and May. So we won't know the figures until they are already being sold?
    "GM is expected to publish horsepower and torque figures when the media drive the new trucks in the next couple of months."

I guess they're hoping you'll forget to care when you shop them on the lots. I don't understand what the big secret is about this truck- the "game-changing" style is a huge letdown, and I'm expecting the stats to be just as underwhelming.
    Get used to more.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Ford Explorer/2002/Green

GM's buidling up the suspense. Hopefully the end product is not a M. Knight Shalaman flop. As you were.
    6 speed transmissions are the future

DGA
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoney View Post
    GM's buidling up the suspense. Hopefully the end product is not a M. Knight Shalaman flop. As you were.
    Hey Sixth Sense was pretty good.

They will have more power, more efficiency, more content, more refinement...than the outgoing model. That is certain. Where that will fall amongst the competition we'll find out soon, but I'm guessing as good as the current F-150, not as good as the new RAM.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

i think this holding back of info has a lot to do with not letting the competition know what's coming. The rivals basically have nothing to study at this point because they dont know any more than we know. It kind of makes sense to drop all the detailed specs right before advertising starts, it limits the competition's ability to counter act. If they released specs in Decemeber ford and Ram would've been working on ways to one up the GM trucks with their 2014 trucks immediately.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 hydrogen's Avatar
    Thanks

If GM jumped the gun and released class leading specifications, GMT-900 truck sales would diminish and dealers will not be happy. GM needs unload the huge supply of trucks before they do anything with the K2XX trucks.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calgaryhhr View Post
    I'm sure the 5.3L V8 will be the volume leader but I hate that GM can't offer more than a single engine option at launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeetheUSA
    Just like the Malibu...staggered start. I want to slap somebody at HQ!
    This. Absolutely mind-blowing that the launch of this much anticipated truck is going to have limited cab/bed and engine options.

DGA
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
    i think this holding back of info has a lot to do with not letting the competition know what's coming. The rivals basically have nothing to study at this point because they dont know any more than we know. It kind of makes sense to drop all the detailed specs right before advertising starts, it limits the competition's ability to counter act. If they released specs in Decemeber ford and Ram would've been working on ways to one up the GM trucks with their 2014 trucks immediately.
    Well...Ram does have the upcoming Diesel, 8-speed transmission, aero aids, airbag suspension, GM has none of those. As for Ford, their engines are appearing to be more powerful and advanced, so is the interior. Only thing GM has not released are the power figures and mileage, which are closely tied to each other. I'm guessing nothing better than what Ford and Ram already have, but tying them.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 KingElvis's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '10 DODGE RAM ST RC HEMI 4.10

Quote Originally Posted by hydrogen View Post
    If GM jumped the gun and released class leading specifications, GMT-900 truck sales would diminish and dealers will not be happy. GM needs unload the huge supply of trucks before they do anything with the K2XX trucks.
    And the thing is, if they dump a bunch of 900s on the market demand will be all that much softer when the K2x finally comes on line.
    Check out my automotive blog Hidden Content

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information