2014 Chevrolet Resource Guide [Cars] - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 Chevrolet Resource Guide [Cars]

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: 2014 Chevrolet Resource Guide [Cars]

Quote Originally Posted by usa1 View Post
    A 2018 model year C8? I'll believe it when I see it. An engineering guy may have told you this, but the accountants won't close the business case. Too much development money went into this model to toss it so short a time. In the past 40 years can you name one GM product that was replaced by an all new model in 4 years? I honestly can't think of one. At best, I would say 6 years for a new Corvette. They have 5 easy years of special/higher performance models they can focus on with the new platform.

The only possible scenario would be an uber Corvette with the old model staying around. Even that is doubtful. When GM can't make the case for a world class Cadillac flagship, I don't see how they will make one for a Corvette.
    Who said the above Stingray would die?

The C8 is already out for supplier sourcing. Dialing it back had better happen in the next 6 months or so, or it's going to cost GM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,828 Times in 1,421 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 Envoy/'20 Colorado

Hmm. That makes me think it'll be a halo Corvette over the halo C7 Corvette...
    Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)
    2020 Chevrolet Colorado W/T Extended Cab (State-issued)

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by usa1 View Post
    The Camaro has more leg room than the ATS and only 0.1" less than the CTS. Wow.
    Why is this surprising? The car's footprint is as large as an H2. The ATS actually felt cramped to me when I sat in one.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

I noticed you have TBD For Camaro pricing. I have an invoice here for a base LS we just received in inventory.

Base Price: $23,455 + Destination of $995 = MSRP $24,450.00

This one I have is a stick, with a spare tire option.

So
    $23,455 Base Price
    +
    $150 Wheel & Tire Spare Compact (replaces tire sealer kit)
    +
    $995 destination
    =
    $24,600.00

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

Full Camaro pricing is out. Let me dig up the link. With some added detail for those trying to get a deal.

Thanks
    My Ride
    9C3 Caprice/2011/Silver

Where is the Chevy SS info?
    Hidden Content
    Dr. SDH, PhD
    2011 9C3 Caprice
    "Stock"
    0 – 60 mph in 5.3 sec
    1/4-mile in 13.9 sec @ 103 mph
    24-29 mpg highway
    All this on regular or E85 fuel
    “A Pontiac G8 GT in a polyester suite”
    Source for above: (Car & Driver, 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,296 Times in 710 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sonic

Thanks for all the info! I esp. like the weight info (which can be tough to find online). Maybe one suggestion: cabin sound level in dB? OK this isn't exactly critical, but it would allow you to compare the sound levels in, say, the Sonic versus Cruze. Just a thought.
    Current ride: 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8L 5sp manual sedan
    Previous ride: 1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2L 5sp manual
    Next ride, pre-pandemic: Maybe a 2021 2.0T CT4, weekend car, keep the Sonic as DD
    Next ride, post-pandemic: Keep driving the Sonic!

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

The SS Sedan has been added.

Walking
    Thanks

I have had it with Chevy I have been a loyal customer for 35 years and I have just recently purchased a 2014 Camaro in September 2014 labor day I have had transmission noises in second third and fourth gear the transmission sounds like it's about to come out of the car it's been this way since day one but has gotten worse also when you press in the clutch and release it in all of those gears it sounds like an excessive amount of loose play and makes a lot of noise. I called the dealer they told me don't worry bring it back if it continues it's just the double clutch breaking in I bought it with 22 miles on it brand-new. If I had known what I know now there is no way I would bought this car, I've taken it back to the dealership were I bought it at 1700 miles I couldn't take it anymore they kept the car for one day and said this is normal what kind of idiot do they think that their customers are I've just recently have taken to a different dealership than I'm getting ready to write GM a letter it's horrible that I have to go to this extent and waste more of my time to maybe get a GM representative involved for him to tell me this is normal. I had a chance to drive a 2014 it's brand-new it has 670 miles I don't know why it's new and has so many miles on it anyway at the dealership I purchased mine It's still at the dealership here locally in Tampa it does not make a sound I also had a chance to drive another 2014 that was at another dealership locally here in Tampa its does not make a sound it had 7 miles on it when I took it to that dealership I had the shop foreman drive mine and the one with 7 miles on it. He also said that it was normal and there was nothing he could do. He told to take back to my dealership that I purchased from and ask them to call the GM representative sounds like he didn't want to get involved.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member jzchev28's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,450 Times in 1,254 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Silverado LTZ 6.2L

Not sure what that had to do with this thread but ok. If that noise continues to happen, I'd contact GM. I find it rather hard to believe any dealer would say what you described "sounds like it's about to come out of the car" Is it possible you don't know how to operate a manual transmission property? Just asking...

Walking
    Thanks

Excellent!

Walking
    Thanks

[QUOTE=camaross14;4883217]I have had it with Chevy I have been a loyal customer for 35 years and I have just recently purchased a 2014 Camaro in September 2014 labor day I have had transmission noises in second third and fourth gear the transmission sounds like it's about to come out of the car it's been this way since day one but has gotten worse also when you press in the clutch and release it in all of those gears it sounds like an excessive amount of loose play and makes a lot of noise. I called the dealer they told me don't worry bring it back if it continues it's just the double clutch breaking in I bought it with 22 miles on it brand-new. If I had known what I know now there is no way I would bought this car, I've taken it back to the dealership were I bought it at 1700 miles I couldn't take it anymore they kept the car for one day and said this is normal what kind of idiot do they think that their customers are I've just recently have taken to a different dealership than I'm getting ready to write GM a letter it's horrible that I have to go to this extent and waste more of my time to maybe get a GM representative involved for him to tell me this is normal. I had a chance to drive a 2014 it's brand-new it has 670 miles I don't know why it's new and has so many miles on it anyway at the dealership I purchased mine It's still at the dealership here locally in Tampa it does not make a sound I also had a chance to drive another 2014 that was at another dealership locally here in Tampa its does not make a sound it had 7 miles on it when I took it to that dealership I had the shop foreman drive mine and the one with 7 miles on it. He also said that it was normal and there was nothing he could do. He told to take back to my dealership that I purchased from and ask them to call the GM representative sounds like he didn't want to get involved.

There is nothing normal about that, according to what he describes is a serious transmission failure ... but hey, don't think it's the only thing that has happened with Chevrolet ...

15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information