1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer? - Page 3

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50

Thread: 1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

  1. #31
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    8,544
    Thanks
    10,443
    Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,844 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

    Re: 1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

    I just found a story on the other GM site that usually has their info more right than all the speculation here, saying that this is most likely a power train mule with again most likely a diesel in it. Add to that a modest front end tweak and no changes underneath to the chassis. Ya all can go over there and read it "Chevrolet Trailblazer Prototype Caught Testing In Spain" is the story from the 18th of May-today. This is the one these guys block links to.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

    BlackGTP (05-18-2019),Evo69 (05-18-2019)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  4. #32
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    13,664
    Thanks
    5,247
    Thanked 7,537 Times in 3,816 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: 1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    When you say "catchup" you mean like the stuff that you put on hot dogs?

    MKX - 2006 SOP, SRX - 2009 SOP
    MKC - 2014 SOP, XT4 - 2018 SOP
    MKT - 2009 SOP, XT6 - 2019 SOP

    The Colorado did beat the Ranger to the game, Ford was working on the Transit Van, and a REAL new pick-up.

    Now Ford finally has the Ranger out; where is GM's van?




    "Leading from behind"
    I put mustard on my hot dogs.

    So, you are really trying to tell me Lincoln has been way ahead of Cadillac all this time?

    So Ford can't work on a Ranger and the Transit at the same time, but GM is supposed to do a transit competitor AND a small truck at the same time? And mind you, Ford finally brought us the Ranger and most of the write-ups have been negative. You'd be destroying GM if they did that.

    You need to re-read my post as your response tells me you did not understand it. You must've gotten ketchup on your glasses.

  5. #33
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Ed753's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,411
    Thanks
    11,940
    Thanked 7,693 Times in 4,581 Posts
    My Ride
    2018 GMC Sierra Crew 6 1/2'

    Re: 1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I put mustard on my hot dogs.

    So, you are really trying to tell me Lincoln has been way ahead of Cadillac all this time?

    So Ford can't work on a Ranger and the Transit at the same time, but GM is supposed to do a transit competitor AND a small truck at the same time? And mind you, Ford finally brought us the Ranger and most of the write-ups have been negative. You'd be destroying GM if they did that.

    You need to re-read my post as your response tells me you did not understand it. You must've gotten ketchup on your glasses.
    Good for you, at least by your reply you understood what I meant.

    Go back and re-read what you wrote....................

    I shared photos of Ford cold weather testing the Ranger in the UP 7 years ago, I just checked, I still have the photos.

    The Colorado's SOP was 5 years ago, the Transit SOP was 4 1/2 years ago, the Ranger is here; where is GM's van?.........................

    Yes Lincoln is behind Cadillac, but Lincoln cleaned up their dealer network years-------------ago.



    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I wouldn't say "playing catchup again" like GM is always behind. Lincoln is playing catchup to Cadillac, the Blazer is more or less in a new segment, it took Ford long enough to field a Colorado competitor, etc..

    To the question of bringing back the Trailblazer, I'd take a wait and see approach as to how the Explorer does.
    Maybe Ford was taking the "wait and see approach as to how the Colorado does"????????

    The Edge (Blazer equivalent) SOP was 13 1/2 years go! Welcome to the party!
    Current: Hidden Content Hidden Content

    Past: '17 Cruze; '15 F150; '14 Volt; '13 MKX; '13 Silverado; '13 Fusion; '11 Ram; '10 Commander; '08 Sierra; '07 Rendezvous; '05 Ram; '04 Grand Cherokee; '03 F150; '01 Silverado; '00 Jimmy; '99 Sierra; '97 Ram; '96 Mustang GT; '96 Jimmy; '90 Escort GT; '89 Ranger; '84 Omni; '76 Malibu; '78 LeMans; '85 Escort; '82 Lynx; '75 Sierra

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  7. #34
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    13,664
    Thanks
    5,247
    Thanked 7,537 Times in 3,816 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: 1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    Good for you, at least by your reply you understood what I meant.

    Go back and re-read what you wrote....................

    I shared photos of Ford cold weather testing the Ranger in the UP 7 years ago, I just checked, I still have the photos.

    The Colorado's SOP was 5 years ago, the Transit SOP was 4 1/2 years ago, the Ranger is here; where is GM's van?.........................

    Yes Lincoln is behind Cadillac, but Lincoln cleaned up their dealer network years-------------ago.





    Maybe Ford was taking the "wait and see approach as to how the Colorado does"????????

    The Edge (Blazer equivalent) SOP was 13 1/2 years go! Welcome to the party!
    Sorry cupcake, you read what you wanted to read, not what was there. The comment I replied to was that GM is ALWAYS behind, ALWAYS playing catch-up. My rebuttal was that they are not ALWAYS playing catch-up. In some instances they are ahead, in some areas they are playing catch-up. I'm not going down your road of minutia because my statement blows your world of GM ONLY doing poorly.

    Based on styling, the Blazer and Edge do not particularly compete, which was the point of my comment. But that wasn't plainly explained, which I know will allow you to go down some other path of minutia of obscuring the overall point.

    Where is Ford's Corvette? They've only had 50 years. Maybe Ford is taking a wait and see approach.

    I think your use of ketchup on hot dogs is giving you agida.

  8. #35
    1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North Coast of America
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 48 Times in 20 Posts

    Re: 1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

    Well now others are reporting that this is nothing coming here.

    Might want to sit back and relax as this could be going to be a wait till we know if or ifit is not coming here.

    As they say till it is in the show room.

  9. #36
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Ed753's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,411
    Thanks
    11,940
    Thanked 7,693 Times in 4,581 Posts
    My Ride
    2018 GMC Sierra Crew 6 1/2'

    Re: 1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Sorry cupcake, you read what you wanted to read, not what was there. The comment I replied to was that GM is ALWAYS behind, ALWAYS playing catch-up. My rebuttal was that they are not ALWAYS playing catch-up. In some instances they are ahead, in some areas they are playing catch-up. I'm not going down your road of minutia because my statement blows your world of GM ONLY doing poorly.
    Name Calling; nice!

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Based on styling, the Blazer and Edge do not particularly compete, which was the point of my comment. But that wasn't plainly explained, which I know will allow you to go down some other path of minutia of obscuring the overall point.
    WUT!? "the Blazer and Edge do not particularly compete" are you serious, why because they don't look EXACTLY alike?

    Absurd................


    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Where is Ford's Corvette? They've only had 50 years. Maybe Ford is taking a wait and see approach.
    The Corvette is unique, just like the Ford GT, but we all know that.


    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I think your use of ketchup on hot dogs is giving you agida.
    Where did I say I used ketchup?....................


    Quote Originally Posted by scott3 View Post
    Well now others are reporting that this is nothing coming here.

    Might want to sit back and relax as this could be going to be a wait till we know if or ifit is not coming here.

    As they say till it is in the show room.
    So GM's answer to Ford's Bronco is a lot farther (if ever) off they we thought? Bummer maybe GM is taking a wait and see approach?
    Current: Hidden Content Hidden Content

    Past: '17 Cruze; '15 F150; '14 Volt; '13 MKX; '13 Silverado; '13 Fusion; '11 Ram; '10 Commander; '08 Sierra; '07 Rendezvous; '05 Ram; '04 Grand Cherokee; '03 F150; '01 Silverado; '00 Jimmy; '99 Sierra; '97 Ram; '96 Mustang GT; '96 Jimmy; '90 Escort GT; '89 Ranger; '84 Omni; '76 Malibu; '78 LeMans; '85 Escort; '82 Lynx; '75 Sierra

  10. #37
    1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North Coast of America
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 48 Times in 20 Posts

    Re: 1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

    It could be. Also there may not be an answer.

    The market has changed much. The development cost are so high now that projects are taken on more not so much as how to match other brands but are based on the return on investment.

    The mid size trucks really were a risk. Not many thought there would be money in the segment but in time it did prove profitable to GM.

    As for SUV markets it has been taken over by the FWD based models for the most part as the Body on Frame models today sell nothing like they used to sell. The Ford move is a Risk that may or not pay off.

    I hope GM moves to the Body on Frame smaller SUV but I can also see the argument against it.

    Companies can not afford to spend billions with little return.with programs for Electric and other low income programs they need every dollar from the ICE models to pay for everything.

    Just like the car why invest in a car when a similar model can return more money on investment.

    It may not be a popular move to those who prefer the less profitable models but in a contracting market those who make more money per unit sold will win in the end.

    While some hold up the 4 Runner as an example they tend to forget if not for global sales we would not have it here based on the American sales numbers.

    As for what GM does we will just have to wait. Som3 say yes others say no. We have yet to see any Mules here so nothing is sure till we see more.

  11. #38
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    13,664
    Thanks
    5,247
    Thanked 7,537 Times in 3,816 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: 1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    Name Calling; nice!
    Ed, first I just meant to be playful to counteract the condescending tone of your retort ("at least I understood what you meant", strongly inferring that I'm to stupid to comprehend the brilliance of your partial facts and cleverly excluded facts). What happened to your pride in having thick skin? Can't handle "cupcake"?

    Maybe you should stop being so condescending; your whole attitude that you have to protect other GM fans and I from our own stupidity is not needed. Are you a football fan? Do you go around correcting people who are fans of losing teams, fans that you deem to show too much enthusiasm for them? Because we know that you have "the right stuff" to determine what level of enthusiasm is correct.

    WUT!? "the Blazer and Edge do not particularly compete" are you serious, why because they don't look EXACTLY alike?

    Absurd................
    So, do you consider a fwd car of similar size to a Camaro to be competition because they have similar dimensions? Absurd. Part of the allure of a Camaro is the style, and the Blazer has aggressive styling reminiscent of the Camaro. This will appeal to different people vs. the Edge's mainstream style. And, I'll head off your response, I know you will now switch arguments (because you couldn't possibly say I might be right) to say I'm absurd because the Blazer doesn't have a V8 or some other tangent to deflect the main point, etc.. I am talking about STYLING. There are virtually no CUV's that are aggressively styled like the Blazer.

    The Corvette is unique, just like the Ford GT, but we all know that.
    Ah, the Corvette is unique! A front engine sports car - totally unique! How convenient! I'm certain if it was the Ford Corvette you'd be strongly complaining about where GM's answer is. Sorry Ed, this is another example of why I've come to see you as a Greg Botts type poster, just with more words and partial facts to mask that you are just as strongly opinionated as he is; the only right answer is your answer, the right view of GM is your view.

    Where did I say I used ketchup?....................
    My god Ed, you started this whole exchange extolling your superiority because I didn't use a hyphen when I wrote "catchup" vs. "catch-up".

    So GM's answer to Ford's Bronco is a lot farther (if ever) off they we thought? Bummer maybe GM is taking a wait and see approach?
    You mean the wait and see approach that your shining star of awesomness, Ford, took to bringing back the half-baked Ranger? And 7 years ago you posted something about the Ranger, so please explain to me why it took 7 years to bring the Ranger to the American market. You'd think after 7 years they'd bring something segment leading vs. rocketing to the bottom of the segment. You'd destroy GM if they took 7 years to bring a half-baked vehicle to market. Bottom line is it doesn't matter when they started anything; it is when the product comes to market and how good the product is. Ford was late to the American market and the product isn't good.

    As much as you like to pick and choose facts, I don't think you have a leg to stand on to say GM is ALWAYS late to the party. It is certainly legitimate to say that GM is frequently late to the party, but that is different than ALWAYS. Stop being argumentative for the sake of furthering your anti-GM bias. If you were as objective and fact driven as you pretend to be, you'd support my premise that GM is not ALWAYS late. Always is an absolute, GM is not ALWAYS late, they are frequently late.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (05-19-2019),Ed753 (05-19-2019),JimmyDiablo (05-19-2019)

  13. #39
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,714
    Thanks
    6,299
    Thanked 2,166 Times in 1,344 Posts

    Re: 1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perian View Post
    Discussion:

    Should General Motors bring back the Chevrolet Trailblazer (probably as a body-on-frame vehicle)?

    Would you buy one?


    .
    Should General Motors bring back the Chevrolet Trailblazer (probably as a body-on-frame vehicle?

    No.

    This market is loo small for the U.S. today and Chevrolet does not have the cred Jeep (Wrangler) has or Toyota (4-Runner) or even Ford (Bronco) since GM foolishly used the Blazer name to duplicate the Equinox. Trailblazer does not have the following the Blazer does and the Trailblazer was never known for it's Off-Road ability like the early Blazer and even S-10 Based ones had.

    Would you buy one?

    Never as a Chevy, maybe if GMC offered an Envoy, then again GMC should probably use the Jimmy name for the same reasons as Chevy should use Blazer.

  14. #40
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Ed753's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,411
    Thanks
    11,940
    Thanked 7,693 Times in 4,581 Posts
    My Ride
    2018 GMC Sierra Crew 6 1/2'

    Re: 1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Ed, first I just meant to be playful to counteract the condescending tone of your retort ("at least I understood what you meant", strongly inferring that I'm to stupid to comprehend the brilliance of your partial facts and cleverly excluded facts). What happened to your pride in having thick skin? Can't handle "cupcake"?

    Maybe you should stop being so condescending; your whole attitude that you have to protect other GM fans and I from our own stupidity is not needed. Are you a football fan? Do you go around correcting people who are fans of losing teams, fans that you deem to show too much enthusiasm for them? Because we know that you have "the right stuff" to determine what level of enthusiasm is correct.
    I prefer "buttercup".

    Football; like early last year when Luke was preparing his trip to Atlanta, to watch the Lion's in the Super Bowl?

    When I'm wrong, I'll be wrong, until then............................



    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    So, do you consider a fwd car of similar size to a Camaro to be competition because they have similar dimensions? Absurd. Part of the allure of a Camaro is the style, and the Blazer has aggressive styling reminiscent of the Camaro. This will appeal to different people vs. the Edge's mainstream style. And, I'll head off your response, I know you will now switch arguments (because you couldn't possibly say I might be right) to say I'm absurd because the Blazer doesn't have a V8 or some other tangent to deflect the main point, etc.. I am talking about STYLING. There are virtually no CUV's that are aggressively styled like the Blazer.
    No, not completely, but that is how many competitors have tried to compete in that segment with the Camaro and Mustang, some are actually closer than the Challenger, which often gets lumped in.

    But the Edge and Blazer are both "wide-body" 5 passenger FWD CUV's, just because the Blazer has squinty headlights and round dash vents, doesn't mean they aren't one and the same.

    What category does the Hyundai Sante Fe fit into; Blazer or Edge? It's got squinty headlight and rectangular dash vents..............



    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Ah, the Corvette is unique! A front engine sports car - totally unique! How convenient! I'm certain if it was the Ford Corvette you'd be strongly complaining about where GM's answer is. Sorry Ed, this is another example of why I've come to see you as a Greg Botts type poster, just with more words and partial facts to mask that you are just as strongly opinionated as he is; the only right answer is your answer, the right view of GM is your view.
    We've all saw the Viper come and go................. twice, yes the Corvette is unique, very unique: GM: 1 Everyone Else: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    My god Ed, you started this whole exchange extolling your superiority because I didn't use a hyphen when I wrote "catchup" vs. "catch-up".
    I use both actually, but it wasn't a grammar thing, not my strongest subject, my point was sarchaims, because we all know how GM, a larger company, with 4 brands SHOULD have a lot more uniqueness then a company like Ford, with it's one brand and pretend luxury brand.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    You mean the wait and see approach that your shining star of awesomness, Ford, took to bringing back the half-baked Ranger? And 7 years ago you posted something about the Ranger, so please explain to me why it took 7 years to bring the Ranger to the American market. You'd think after 7 years they'd bring something segment leading vs. rocketing to the bottom of the segment. You'd destroy GM if they took 7 years to bring a half-baked vehicle to market. Bottom line is it doesn't matter when they started anything; it is when the product comes to market and how good the product is. Ford was late to the American market and the product isn't good.
    The Colorado/Canyon came at the right time, how much growth do you see going forward? Ranger, now that Jeep thingy, the window isn't closed, but it is more than full.

    Do you think GM is making a mistake by dialing back production of the Colorado & Canyon this year and even lower next year?


    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    As much as you like to pick and choose facts, I don't think you have a leg to stand on to say GM is ALWAYS late to the party. It is certainly legitimate to say that GM is frequently late to the party, but that is different than ALWAYS. Stop being argumentative for the sake of furthering your anti-GM bias. If you were as objective and fact driven as you pretend to be, you'd support my premise that GM is not ALWAYS late. Always is an absolute, GM is not ALWAYS late, they are frequently late.
    In what way(s) do you think Cadillac is ahead of Lincoln?
    Current: Hidden Content Hidden Content

    Past: '17 Cruze; '15 F150; '14 Volt; '13 MKX; '13 Silverado; '13 Fusion; '11 Ram; '10 Commander; '08 Sierra; '07 Rendezvous; '05 Ram; '04 Grand Cherokee; '03 F150; '01 Silverado; '00 Jimmy; '99 Sierra; '97 Ram; '96 Mustang GT; '96 Jimmy; '90 Escort GT; '89 Ranger; '84 Omni; '76 Malibu; '78 LeMans; '85 Escort; '82 Lynx; '75 Sierra

  15. #41
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    13,664
    Thanks
    5,247
    Thanked 7,537 Times in 3,816 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: 1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    I prefer "buttercup".

    Football; like early last year when Luke was preparing his trip to Atlanta, to watch the Lion's in the Super Bowl?

    When I'm wrong, I'll be wrong, until then............................





    Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    No, not completely, but that is how many competitors have tried to compete in that segment with the Camaro and Mustang, some are actually closer than the Challenger, which often gets lumped in.

    But the Edge and Blazer are both "wide-body" 5 passenger FWD CUV's, just because the Blazer has squinty headlights and round dash vents, doesn't mean they aren't one and the same.

    What category does the Hyundai Sante Fe fit into; Blazer or Edge? It's got squinty headlight and rectangular dash vents..............
    To my eyes the Santa Fe is mainstream looking (also looks ugly to me), therefore an Edge competitor. Both the Santa Fe and Edge look like what you expect Mom to pick the kids up with; not particularly appealing to a guy. I can see guys liking the Blazer a lot more, it has styling traits that I see appealing to men, which is unusual for the segment. And yes, moms will chose the Blazer to pick up the kids as well. I think the Blazer will be in a niche not filled by the Santa Fe or Edge.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    We've all saw the Viper come and go................. twice, yes the Corvette is unique, very unique: GM: 1 Everyone Else: 0
    Yes, the Vette has made a name for itself. But, the Viper could have lived on too, with time it could have built itself into icon status like the Corvette, but FCA chose to let it go. I don't think the segment is impenetrable, but I think companies need to have the stomach to build several generations until icon status is achieved to get to Corvette-like volume.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    I use both actually, but it wasn't a grammar thing, not my strongest subject, my point was sarchaims, because we all know how GM, a larger company, with 4 brands SHOULD have a lot more uniqueness then a company like Ford, with it's one brand and pretend luxury brand.
    Can't disagree with that, GM should have more uniqueness, but it doesn't impact the premise of my argument that they aren't always behind. Do I think they should lead more often, yes, but no one can say they never lead.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    The Colorado/Canyon came at the right time, how much growth do you see going forward? Ranger, now that Jeep thingy, the window isn't closed, but it is more than full.

    Do you think GM is making a mistake by dialing back production of the Colorado & Canyon this year and even lower next year?
    GM is dialing back production? I don't think I knew that. But to think out loud, with growing competition the reality is that GM's piece of the pie will probably shrink unless they want to get in a price war. Though I don't expect the Gladiator to be a huge seller due to its high price and the Ranger isn't getting stellar reviews, but both will take some volume from GM simply by existing. So yes, it makes sense to dial back production.

    But, to loop it back to the original premise, that GM is always behind, this is a case that GM was ahead.




    Quote Originally Posted by Ed753 View Post
    In what way(s) do you think Cadillac is ahead of Lincoln?
    They are ahead in sales volume, but my real point is GM started revitalizing the brand long before Ford made any serious attempts to do the same to Lincoln. That is separate from saying successful, which neither are at this point. Dialing it back to the original argument "GM is ALWAYS behind", in this case GM saw the value of rebuilding Cadillac long before Ford saw the same value from Lincoln.

  16. #42
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 CaptainDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,587
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 1,267 Times in 681 Posts

    Re: 1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

    Quote Originally Posted by StormHunter77 View Post
    The 2019 Acadia interior is exactly the same, except the removed the shifter, moved the cupholders and heated seat buttons, and added push buttons for the gear selector, taking room away from the cubby under the radio/HVAC. I have a '19 and I love it, but I am not happy about the loss of the shifter on the center console......
    But wouldn't the gain of space in the console more than make up for the small loss of space on the IP?

    Is it the space utilization, or are you just unhappy about not having a shifter? Realistically, the need for an actual shift lever disappeared a very long time ago.
    '16 Chevy SS
    a 4 door Camaro

  17. #43
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    8,544
    Thanks
    10,443
    Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,844 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

    Re: 1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDan View Post
    But wouldn't the gain of space in the console more than make up for the small loss of space on the IP?

    Is it the space utilization, or are you just unhappy about not having a shifter? Realistically, the need for an actual shift lever disappeared a very long time ago.
    No. Having a shifter whether it be stick or auto is just one of those parts of life we've all been accustomed and programmed to like the three H's, Heartburn - Hemorrhoids - and - Headaches.

  18. #44
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 StormHunter77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,009
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 212 Times in 86 Posts

    Re: 1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDan View Post
    But wouldn't the gain of space in the console more than make up for the small loss of space on the IP?

    Is it the space utilization, or are you just unhappy about not having a shifter? Realistically, the need for an actual shift lever disappeared a very long time ago.
    I know it will sound trivial, but I like having a shift there to rest my hand on when I drive. The center storage bin doesn't come out far enough. The '16 I replaced had a center console that slid forward and back.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to StormHunter77 For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (05-20-2019)

  20. #45
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    8,544
    Thanks
    10,443
    Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,844 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

    Re: 1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

    Quote Originally Posted by StormHunter77 View Post
    I know it will sound trivial, but I like having a shift there to rest my hand on when I drive. The center storage bin doesn't come out far enough. The '16 I replaced had a center console that slid forward and back.
    The last two vehicles I've owned now have had that as a feature, the sliding armrest console cover, and I find it is quite convenient for that and then the hand naturally rests atop the shifter.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

    Ed753 (05-21-2019),StormHunter77 (05-21-2019)

  22. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 480
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 05:53 PM
  2. Rumor - Chevy Camaro SS to Get More Power
    By commodore88 in forum Global Chevrolet News
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 07:17 AM
  3. Replies: 85
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 01:47 AM
  4. Replies: 138
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 07:21 PM
  5. New Chevy Trailblazer and Variants
    By amark329 in forum Reader's Talent
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 09:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2