1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

News Contributor Premium Member Perian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,710 Times in 1,014 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 Jaguar F-Type (Manual)

1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

>>Rumor #1, The Vehicle:

Motor1
    May 17, 2019

Rumors suggest the SUV could return to the U.S. market.

Just about a month ago, Chevrolet revealed an updated version of its Traiblazer SUV for the Chinese market. The facelift brought a major design refresh but a new set of spy shots hints the automaker is already working on the successor of the model. Unfortunately, this highly camouflaged prototype is not showing a lot and, in fact, it might be a just mule that is not wearing the production body for the model.

The rugged SUV will be based on the same architecture that also underpins the Colorado and Canyon. Not much else is known at the moment, but from the spy photos, we can see it will be considerably larger than the current model and will probably offer a more off-road adapted suspension.

>>Rumor #2, The production plant:

The rugged SUV will be based on the same architecture that also underpins the Colorado and Canyon.

>>The Colorado and Canyon are manufactured in the Wentzille, MO production plant. GM has proposed a one billion dollar expansion of that plant (for reasons not stated).

SLPD
    May 2, 2019

General Motors officials are expected to meet with Missouri Gov. Mike Parson on Thursday to discuss a $1 billion expansion project at the company’s Wentzville assembly plant.

Although details of the expansion were not immediately available, GM is expected to request a package of incentives from the state to help pay for job training and retooling at the light truck and van manufacturing facility, situated about 40 miles from St. Louis in St. Charles County.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

News Contributor Premium Member Perian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,710 Times in 1,014 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 Jaguar F-Type (Manual)

Re: 1 Rumor + 1 Rumor = Chevy Trailblazer?

Discussion:

Should General Motors bring back the Chevrolet Trailblazer (probably as a body-on-frame vehicle)?

Would you buy one?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perian For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (05-17-2019),ryannel2003 (05-17-2019)

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

The rugged SUV will be based on the same architecture that also underpins the Colorado and Canyon.
    Playing Catch Up again. The RWD Explorer, might be a Market for it! How many Durangos are Sold?

GM, a Shadow of it's former Self.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 3,922 Times in 2,263 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Perian View Post
    Discussion:

Should General Motors bring back the Chevrolet Trailblazer (probably as a body-on-frame vehicle)?

Would you buy one?
    I might buy one but if it's priced out of the world like a lot of the new products then I'd probably pass it over.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bballr4567 For This Useful Post:

Z Fury (05-20-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

They brought back the midsize truck before anyone else. Very smart move. Most people want CUV/Suv that are unibody not body on frame and they are lighter and more refined. So because GM is now possibly following ford with the return of Trailblazer you said they are Shadow of it former self. Far from it. GM is making money not making cars that people just like but don't buy. They are company and it first objective is to make a profit. The market is so crazy, its smart with them not to try anything to fancy right now and improve on current products. Have you seen the interior shots of the 2020 Acadia it looks nicely updated.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6 StormHunter77's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pontiacgt02 View Post
    They brought back the midsize truck before anyone else. Very smart move. Most people want CUV/Suv that are unibody not body on frame and they are lighter and more refined. So because GM is now possibly following ford with the return of Trailblazer you said they are Shadow of it former self. Far from it. GM is making money not making cars that people just like but don't buy. They are company and it first objective is to make a profit. The market is so crazy, its smart with them not to try anything to fancy right now and improve on current products. Have you seen the interior shots of the 2020 Acadia it looks nicely updated.

The 2019 Acadia interior is exactly the same, except the removed the shifter, moved the cupholders and heated seat buttons, and added push buttons for the gear selector, taking room away from the cubby under the radio/HVAC. I have a '19 and I love it, but I am not happy about the loss of the shifter on the center console. I also am not in love with the 2020 grille. It looks too big for the car.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,001 Times in 3,621 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by InCogKneeToe View Post
    Playing Catch Up again. The RWD Explorer, might be a Market for it! How many Durangos are Sold?

I wouldn't say "playing catchup again" like GM is always behind. Lincoln is playing catchup to Cadillac, the Blazer is more or less in a new segment, it took Ford long enough to field a Colorado competitor, etc..

To the question of bringing back the Trailblazer, I'd take a wait and see approach as to how the Explorer does.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,075 Times in 1,863 Posts

A BOF Trailblazer would hardly be a direct competitor to the Unibody Explorer.

BTW: I'm wondering if the new Explorer will be the home-run everyone thinks it's going to be. Sales of the Explorer exploded (no pun intended) when the current FWD generation debuted for 2011. 2011 sales were over DOUBLE 2010:

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01...sales-figures/

The Market seems to like FWD based Crossovers over RWD.
    Last edited by megeebee; 05-17-2019 at 09:38 AM.
    "The Four Most Over-Rated Things In Life Are Champagne, Lobster, An*l Sex, And Picnics."

-Christopher Hitchens

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2017 Onyx Black Yukon Denali

No thank you Very little, My wife decided on a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited and I am leaning to the 2020 Lincoln Aviator to replace my 2017 GMC Yukon Denali XL. Our kids have grown, they have their own rides, so time to downsize. And sorry Chevy, Buick and Cadillac, other then your Full Size SUV's, you have nothing that I am interested in, your Middle entry SUV'S are all DULL and UNINSPIRING.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FactChecker90803 For This Useful Post:

Extreme4x4 (05-18-2019),ryannel2003 (05-17-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,492 Times in 1,079 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

IMHO A body on frame midsize SUV UNLESS is FULL ON offroad like a wrangler will always suffer VS a unibody vehicle and what will this DO an Explorer OR grand Cherokee NOT do? I do NOT see CHevrolet pricing it below those 2

Walking
    Thanks

Didn't GM just recently trademark the name "Envoy"? It makes you wonder when they re-design the Colorado/Canyon that they will also build a Trailblazer/Envoy for N.A.

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I wouldn't say "playing catchup again" like GM is always behind. Lincoln is playing catchup to Cadillac, the Blazer is more or less in a new segment,

To the question of bringing back the Trailblazer, I'd take a wait and see approach as to how the Explorer does.
    I don't believe that Lincoln, is doing anything to "Reinvent It's Self" It is staying at the Top of the Ford Food Chain.

The Blazer is making a New Segment? Where was the Trail Hawk, The Edge? Heck, you could even throw in the Journey, for 1/2 the price for that matter.

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
    A BOF Trailblazer would hardly be a direct competitor to the Unibody Explorer.

BTW: I'm wondering if the new Explorer will be the home-run everyone thinks it's going to be. Sales of the Explorer exploded (no pun intended) when the current FWD generation debuted for 2011. 2011 sales were over DOUBLE 2010:

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01...sales-figures/

The Market seems to like FWD based Crossovers over RWD.

Ford is also introducing a 2020 Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Utility model. The new police model will sell well and put more Explorers on the road for the public to see (and give them a “tough” image): https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...or/3690347002/
    Last edited by 1999 White C5 Coupe; 05-17-2019 at 06:16 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to 1999 White C5 Coupe For This Useful Post:

richmond2000 (05-18-2019)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,372 Times in 3,103 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Equinox V6| 2013 Traverse

Does Durango outsell the Traverse? Who knows how the RWD Explorer rides? or whether the new explorer will sell as as well as the outgoing one?
    Last edited by mbukukanyau; 05-17-2019 at 06:14 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

megeebee (05-17-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,706 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Perian View Post
    Discussion:

Would you buy one?

I think they should. I'm fine with both a Chevy Trailblazer, or whatever it may be, and a GMC Envoy. But not like the old badge engineering fiasco's, they need to be different enough as to leave the uninformed guessing IMO. Second part: No I wouldn't because it will probably be priced beyond my humble means and by the looks of things, much bigger than I need.

23. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information