GMI Quick Fang: MY 15 Holden Cruze SRi 6A - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GMI Quick Fang: MY 15 Holden Cruze SRi 6A

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1993 Holden Calais VPII

Re: GMI Quick Fang: MY 15 Holden Cruze SRi 6A

Haha, now you mention it, that is the perfect car for a yoof. The noise would surely discourage any heroics.

I found the handling of the base model to be pretty ho hum without decent tyres but still rather well sorted. The manual base model is even noisier, particularly on the highway as it is only a five speed.
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mikmak For This Useful Post:

knightfan26917 (07-22-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,474 Posts

I have a young cousin and she left Uni and went from early Elantra, to 1.8 Cruze to Mazda 3... She didn't like the gutless 1.8 and regretted not getting the diesel (she was raised on a working farm).

She has the money for a new Benz C or BMW 3, but I agree the Mazda is stylish and for someone not into cars it's fine for buzzing around Melbourne inner city where she works and lives...

Thanks
    My Ride
    VF SV6, GC8 WRX, Audi A3 Cab

My inlaws have a MY10 (I think) Korean built Cruze Diesel CDX.

There are lots of thinks not to like about it from the elastic feel of the transmission, the pained engine noise to the not so great fuel economy, but for me the worst thing about it is the most uncomfortable drivers seat I have ever sat on. A plastic school chair has more give and is more comfortable.

My 80 year old mother in law has promised it to my now 13 year old son when she can no longer drive. He is grateful but looking at what he can get for it to trade on something else...
    Hidden Content
    2014 VF Holden Commodore SV6 sedan
    Manual, sunroof, satnav, 1600kg tow bar, side track stripes, sports armour, 19" SSV wheels
    2015 Audi A3 Attraction Cabriolet
    Black/black, Auto, Technik pack
    1998 Subaru Impreza WRX sedan
    Manual, upgraded turbo & APS intercooler, 3" exhaust, slotted rotors, 18" wheels, tow bar, Koni shocks, APS ECU upgrade
    2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    Grey/Black leather, satnav, camera, SST Auto AWD 2.0L Turbo

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    1993 Holden Calais VPII
    Quote Originally Posted by isszy View Post

There are lots of thinks not to like about it from the elastic feel of the transmission, the pained engine noise to the not so great fuel economy, but for me the worst thing about it is the most uncomfortable drivers seat I have ever sat on. A plastic school chair has more give and is more comfortable.

My 80 year old mother in law has promised it to my now 13 year old son when she can no longer drive. He is grateful but looking at what he can get for it to trade on something else...
    I had the same complaint when I reviewed the early Korean built CD. The seats improved in the JH with the CDX seats becoming generally more comfortable and SRI becoming more supportive.

I still rate the driving position in the right at the pointy end of the segment.

Thanks
    My Ride
    1993 Holden Calais VPII
    Quote Originally Posted by isszy View Post

I had the same complaint when I reviewed the early Korean built CD. The seats improved in the JH with the CDX seats becoming generally more comfortable and SRI becoming more supportive.

I still rate the driving position in the right at the pointy end of the segment.

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Giulietta QV, Cruze SRi Z

Mick you've got the knack for a good, honest and useful review. Good stuff indeed.

I thought your new semi-pro look might have been because you're sending in a review for the Car Advice comp to win a trip to Tokyo

The Cruze is unfairly represented and seems to be a whipping boy for some reason. Our Jan 15 build SRi Z 6A is a well sorted machine. Ride is firm, but not uncomfortable. Road noise is well isolated (try the Giulietta QV and then tell me about road noise and firm ride!) and it is spacious and comfortable. I can't comment on the Korean built jobbies but I've driven a few AU built 1.8s and they've done all that was asked of them. Camry like, but without the bore factor.

Yes, the Cruze now has a face like rugby player and it is getting a bit old in the marketplace. But it's not a bad car and it holds value pretty well.

I like the little bugger.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rdwa76 For This Useful Post:

chinamonty (07-21-2015)

Thanks
    My Ride
    1993 Holden Calais VPII

Thanks rdwa76. I think the biggest weakness for the Cruze is the same for most Holden products and that is weight, which as a consequence means fuel economy is not class leading and as a result, they may get excluded from the selection process, which for some people these days is more like a desktop analysis. That is, the short list is whittled down before anyone even gets face to face with a product. That's a shame because often the difference adds up to little more than $3-10 per week in fuel. On most occasions the Holdens make back their fuel efficiency cost deficit when it comes to service cost.

In the mean time they drive quite well, but that isn't important if they don't make the cut to the short list.

Hidden Content

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikmak For This Useful Post:

knightfan26917 (07-22-2015),RedVee8 (07-22-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    #TheCruzible

Mick McWilliams
    GMInsidenews.com
    Australia Correspondent

19 July 2015

Presented as the basis of an assault on international markets, the Cruze had mixed success in Asia and Australia. Less convincing was its reception in Europe. Now, after 6 years, the delta Cruze is winding down.

Due to be replaced in some regions, with regional products in the coming months, we see if there are any legs left in Australias unique locally made and tuned 1.6 turbo package.

More pics on Instagram: #TheCruzible
    ------------
    Your talking about the old SUV holden Cruze not the current Holden Cruze sedan. If your still young the older Holden Cruze would be better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    Thanks rdwa76. I think the biggest weakness for the Cruze is the same for most Holden products and that is weight, which as a consequence means fuel economy is not class leading bmw warranted pre owned
    and as a result, they may get excluded from the selection process, which for some people these days is more like a desktop analysis. That is, the short list is whittled down before anyone even gets face to face with a product. That's a shame because often the difference adds up to little more than $3-10 per week in fuel. On most occasions the Holdens make back their fuel efficiency cost deficit when it comes to service cost.

In the mean time they drive quite well, but that isn't important if they don't make the cut to the short list.
    ---------
    The outlander would suit you when having a family it is heavy on fuel even in 2.4 litre form. I have the 1st outlander for last 5years it is reliable(feels solid on the road) but your looking at about 8ks per litre or 12.5/100

Thanks
    My Ride
    1993 Holden Calais VPII

Quote Originally Posted by dave2586 View Post
    ------------
    Your talking about the old SUV holden Cruze not the current Holden Cruze sedan. If your still young the older Holden Cruze would be better.
    Ummm no I'm not. Thanks for watching dave, but I'm referring to the Chevrolet Cruze entering into Europe and turning around to head back out again.

The Holden Cruze SUV AKA Suzuki Ignis is not on the Delta platform. I tihnk you may have a few wires crossed.

As for the Outlander being a good family car, I mostly concur as the new model (review up soon) is quite light. It's utterly slow though I did drive the 2.0 (CVT).

Hidden Content

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mikmak For This Useful Post:

knightfan26917 (11-07-2015)

Walking
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Tundra, 2010, Black

tnx for the video)

18. Remove Advertisements