GMI Drives -- Meet The Drivers!

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: GMI Drives -- Meet The Drivers!

  1. #1
    Editor Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    26,951
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 422 Times in 426 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Lightbulb GMI Drives -- Meet The Drivers!

    GMI Drives -- Meet The Drivers!


    Huh? In GMI's relentless request to be "more than a forum" we have obtained press fleet access with multiple OEMs on multiple continents. Now of course we are in the General Motors press fleet here in North America, but in Australia as well. We know how keen GMI members are about Zeta-based Holden products...we are too! Additionally, we have press fleet access with Ford Motor Company in North America and are currently in talks with other OEMs to extend our reviewing ability.

    The beauty in all of this is the fact that several of us are in the press fleets in all parts of the U.S. and Australia. Everyone reviews a product or vehicle differently--with different preferences, opinions and priorities. Because of that fact, we encourage our staff to let their own personalities shine through in their reviews. Read the brief bios below about each of our reviewers.

    Nick Saporito, Managing Editor

    ------------------------------------------------------->

    Having grown up in a family of car fanatics, Nick often has an honest, critical view of the automotive landscape. As a Millennial, Nick always has an opinion on the technology aspect of a vehicle and believes in the saying that the "devil is in the details." His reviews are often lengthy and evoke as much sensory detail as he can pack in them (saying he is in the mood to write). Nick's daily driver is a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT, which is often times utilized as a handling benchmark for his reviews. When not on GMI he is usually attending college as a marketing major or working in the telecommunications industry.


    David Bottin,
    Australia Editor

    <-------------------------------------------------------

    David is your typical Aussie larrikin. Hailing from one of Australia's most beautiful cities, Wollongong, he is a railways worker by day and party animal by night. He is a life-time fan of all things Holden and the Australian automotive in general, including the local Ford products. He is the proud owner of a 2003 Holden Monaro CV8.

    A real drivers-driver, he likes to write his reviews in a way most drivers can relate to - its all about how a vehicle performs and feels in everyday situations (work, rest and play) rather than simply relaying the factory facts and figures or setting quarter-mile times like some mainstream reviews. The Illawarra region in which he lives, nestled between the mountains and the sea 1 hour south of Sydney, boasts some of Australia's greatest drives and are the perfect environment for reviewing all the latest vehicles in just about every situation.

    Alexander Villani, Northeast Correspondent

    ------------------------------------------------------->

    Alexander is your typical big Italian guy, growing up on the famous Jersey shore (sorry fans, no hair gel and GTL for this guy). A Camaro fan practically since birth, he believes more in function over form. His job revolves around the automotive world, and he is immersed in it 24 hours a day. Living near one of NHRA's fastest tracks, Englishtown Raceway, drag racing has been a hobby of his since his early days of driving. Alex is involved in a local Camaro and Firebird club, and always loves to talk cars. Nothing piques his attention more then a svelte GM sports car or sedan.



    Michael McWilliams,
    Australia Correspondent

    <-------------------------------------------------------

    Hailing from the land that has never forsaken the gift that is Rear Wheel Drive, Mick has grown up with Holdens for as long as he can remember. With a preference for competence and capability, rather than flashing baubles and connectivity, his reviews are based on getting intimate with the blacktop rather than the owners manual.

    An unashamed wagon fan, he almost has as much respect for carrying capacity, as he does for the ability to effectively steer via the right foot. Mick stalks the regional highways of South East Queensland, occasionally darting into the city to startle daily driving zombies. A big fan of wide open spaces, broken tarmac and long sweepers.
    Last edited by nsap; 12-23-2010 at 09:26 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    15,292
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: GMI Drives -- Meet The Drivers!

    Hey boys.

    Mikmak's photo looks inappropriately professional.

    I wish we had a female staff reviewer. I'm all for varied perspectives.

  4. #3
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ne_one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    St. Catharines, Ontario
    Posts
    9,586
    Thanks
    257
    Thanked 96 Times in 51 Posts

    Re: GMI Drives -- Meet The Drivers!

    "PHOTO COMING SOON!"

    I swear, NSAP is really a vampire.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    4.6 Liter Northstar V8 WoodieLongRoof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    At the keyboard
    Posts
    1,785
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: GMI Drives -- Meet The Drivers!

    McWilliams an "unashamed" longroof fan?! Ya mean there's TWO of us?!

  7. #5
    GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    20,780
    Thanks
    384
    Thanked 3,663 Times in 1,380 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'07 Ford F-150

    Re: GMI Drives -- Meet The Drivers!

    Quote Originally Posted by ne_one View Post
    "PHOTO COMING SOON!"

    I swear, NSAP is really a vampire.
    Duh. He needs to get a picture at night because he'll sparkle in the daytime.
    Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
    2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)

  8. #6
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 coaster.n3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    5,059 Miles SE of Dutch Harbor
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: GMI Drives -- Meet The Drivers!

    Will the drivers get their facts right? I'm concerned because an editorial had pegged the SRX as lacking heated rear seats and was never addressed.
    Mercedes: Irrellevant in todays market.


    "I would never consider owning a Buick because of the sheer stigma of owning a Buick, no matter how good they got;"
    -Mgescuro the follower.

  9. #7
    Editor Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    26,951
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 422 Times in 426 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: GMI Drives -- Meet The Drivers!

    Quote Originally Posted by coaster.n3rd View Post
    Will the drivers get their facts right? I'm concerned because an editorial had pegged the SRX as lacking heated rear seats and was never addressed.
    This is the first time I have heard of this. The instance you speak of has been corrected. I reviewed the order guides for the SRX and CTS prior to making that comment in that editorial and did not see heated rear seats. I'm not saying I didn't miss it, but that is why I stated that.

    While we try to maintain accuracy in all of our pieces, we are only human. I recommend contacting the author of the piece privately if you see something questionable. We don't always have time to read every comment.

  10. #8
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,732
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 14 Times in 5 Posts
    My Ride
    2012 Chevy Sonic

    Re: GMI Drives -- Meet The Drivers!

    Quote Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
    Duh. He needs to get a picture at night because he'll sparkle in the daytime.
    did you really just say that nsap sparkles! that is awesome
    SANITIZED: for your viewing pleasure

  11. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,969
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: GMI Drives -- Meet The Drivers!

    What a bunch of thugs in those pics!

    Glad to see we have some actual drivers that can give us some feedback to vehicles some of us can't get our hands on. Thank you to all for your hard work!

  12. #10
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Suziebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern Virginia. U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,441
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: GMI Drives -- Meet The Drivers!

    Quote Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
    Duh. He needs to get a picture at night because he'll sparkle in the daytime.
    For reasons entirely unrelated to vampirism, of course...
    "When one side only of a story is heard and often repeated, the human mind becomes impressed with it insensibly."
    -George Washington

    "You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do."
    -Henry Ford

  13. #11
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 coaster.n3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    5,059 Miles SE of Dutch Harbor
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: GMI Drives -- Meet The Drivers!

    Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    This is the first time I have heard of this. The instance you speak of has been corrected. I reviewed the order guides for the SRX and CTS prior to making that comment in that editorial and did not see heated rear seats. I'm not saying I didn't miss it, but that is why I stated that.

    While we try to maintain accuracy in all of our pieces, we are only human. I recommend contacting the author of the piece privately if you see something questionable. We don't always have time to read every comment.
    Will do. It just concerns me that things are written on the fly without knowing for sure especially when the previous model year contained that option. It should also be common knowledge to the writers that order guides are not always complete and writing an editorial off of an order guide is not professional. Which in turn is detrimental to the subject vehicle.

    I'd just hate to know that a driver doesn't like the acceleration of a vehicle, uses it as a strike against the vehicle when they may be unaware that a better motor is available or the press vehicle lacks certain features.
    Mercedes: Irrellevant in todays market.


    "I would never consider owning a Buick because of the sheer stigma of owning a Buick, no matter how good they got;"
    -Mgescuro the follower.

  14. #12
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    15,292
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: GMI Drives -- Meet The Drivers!

    I see them on the order guide....

    One can only get them on the premium collection.

  15. #13
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC robsBU08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    373
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Malibu

    Re: GMI Drives -- Meet The Drivers!

    Cool, I look forward to all of the reviews!!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    CURRENT CARS:
    2014 Buick Verano
    2014 Chrysler Town & Country
    Former Cars:
    2013 Chevrolet Malibu
    2010 Mazda CX-9
    2008 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT
    2005 Acura TSX
    2003 Chevrolet Malibu
    1999 Buick Regal
    1998 Buick Century
    1995 Pontiac Grand Am
    1993 pontiac Grand Am
    1988 Chevrolet Camaro
    1986 Chevrolet Caprice
    1986 Pontiac Grand An
    1980 Chevrolet Malibu

  16. #14
    GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    15,292
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: GMI Drives -- Meet The Drivers!

    Quote Originally Posted by coaster.n3rd View Post
    You have the moniker "Editor" under your name. You carry it well, but let it all go out the window when you say something like "I'm not sure where you expect me to look for such details"

    The details are part of an editors job.

    Again, all I'm saying if GMi wants to be taken seriously, the facts need to be right 100% of the time and corrected with a citation like the press does either by a correction section or a brief article and not under the radar.

    Its detrimental to the product you wrote about and misleading.

    Its a very big deal anytime the press messes up and people lose jobs and credentials over it. If you want to play ball in the big leagues, you need to think and act like you're in the big leagues. A mistake like the one we're discussing can have a bigger impact than you think.

    Like I said, I'm excited for the "drivers" aspect of this new section and its good to see GMi moving up in the press world. I would just hate for someone to pan a vehicle for something that may be available but wasn't on the sticker.
    That gets to the point of when the thread was made about the site posting retractions:

    https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...actions-65851/

  17. #15
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 coaster.n3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    5,059 Miles SE of Dutch Harbor
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: GMI Drives -- Meet The Drivers!

    I think if GMi wants to be more than a forum, then yes it needs retractions posted. Otherwise, its just a blog, but even blogs post retractions.
    Mercedes: Irrellevant in todays market.


    "I would never consider owning a Buick because of the sheer stigma of owning a Buick, no matter how good they got;"
    -Mgescuro the follower.

  18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2