GMI Drives: Holden MY14 Trax LTZ 1.4iTi - Page 2

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: GMI Drives: Holden MY14 Trax LTZ 1.4iTi

  1. #16
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,126
    Thanks
    2,709
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 734 Posts

    Re: GMI Drives: Holden MY14 Trax LTZ 1.4iTi

    Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    I think it looks clean and simple. It works as good or better than competition I've tried (that's if they even have a touch screen at this price level).

    I did notice the lag on the power button once, but why do you even need the power button?
    Well, to turn on the radio for one.
    GM needs to switch out this craptastic unit for the one in the Cruze which adds knobs and buttons. Real ones.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Australia
    Posts
    17,992
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 816 Times in 568 Posts
    My Ride
    1993 Holden Calais VPII

    Re: GMI Drives: Holden MY14 Trax LTZ 1.4iTi

    How often do you turn your radio on and off? It's a very rarely used function. If you want quiet, just mute which you can either with the touch screen or button on the steering wheel (which happens virtually instantly).
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

    Hidden Content

    Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

  4. #18
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 AceRimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    984
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 243 Times in 137 Posts
    My Ride
    VF Series 2: The Red Devil

    Re: GMI Drives: Holden MY14 Trax LTZ 1.4iTi

    My wife told the mother in law that her 2011 (or 2012 model) X-trail is a piece of crap and that my wife hates driving it (on the rare occasion I have driven it, I hate it too). The mother in law isn't a huge fan of the X-trail as well but likes the high seating position in it.

    Only a couple of weeks ago when they were with us, the wife and mother in law both spotted a Trax and liked the look of it she will be going to check it out soon.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #19
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,126
    Thanks
    2,709
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 734 Posts

    Re: GMI Drives: Holden MY14 Trax LTZ 1.4iTi

    Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    How often do you turn your radio on and off? It's a very rarely used function. If you want quiet, just mute which you can either with the touch screen or button on the steering wheel (which happens virtually instantly).
    I turn my radio on when I get into the car and turn it off before I turn it off. I prefer having the radio off when turning on the car so as not to give the battery/alternator more of a load when starting the car

  7. #20
    GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Australia
    Posts
    17,992
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 816 Times in 568 Posts
    My Ride
    1993 Holden Calais VPII

    Re: GMI Drives: Holden MY14 Trax LTZ 1.4iTi

    Quote Originally Posted by AceRimmer View Post
    My wife told the mother in law that her 2011 (or 2012 model) X-trail is a piece of crap and that my wife hates driving it (on the rare occasion I have driven it, I hate it too). The mother in law isn't a huge fan of the X-trail as well but likes the high seating position in it.

    Only a couple of weeks ago when they were with us, the wife and mother in law both spotted a Trax and liked the look of it she will be going to check it out soon.
    It's quite a bit smaller than the Xtrail. Someone the other day called the Xtrail an Entrail which has stuck with me
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

    Hidden Content

    Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

  8. #21
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 AceRimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    984
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 243 Times in 137 Posts
    My Ride
    VF Series 2: The Red Devil

    Re: GMI Drives: Holden MY14 Trax LTZ 1.4iTi

    Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    It's quite a bit smaller than the Xtrail. Someone the other day called the Xtrail an Entrail which has stuck with me
    yes - they don't need something so large so I will be interested to hear their thoughts on it.

    You know that now I am going to call it an Entrail...

  9. #22
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8 kts350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,263
    Thanks
    976
    Thanked 242 Times in 175 Posts
    My Ride
    Holden S2 LX Captiva diesel

    Re: GMI Drives: Holden MY14 Trax LTZ 1.4iTi

    Quote Originally Posted by steve333 View Post
    Well, to turn on the radio for one.
    GM needs to switch out this craptastic unit for the one in the Cruze which adds knobs and buttons. Real ones.
    I agree I got told ages ago though there are 2 different home rooms for mylink Korea and the U.S. stuff like the Cruze and VF Commodore uses the U.S. one and anything from Korea uses the other. I would have tough it would of been simpler to use 1 version for every where.
    Look out im on twitter @kts350
    3 on the Tree Hidden Content size="4">http://kts350.wix.com/3onthetree

  10. #23
    Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,858
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 984 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

    Re: GMI Drives: Holden MY14 Trax LTZ 1.4iTi

    Why gm didn't use the 1.6 liter turbo with 200 hp is beyond me...

    Test drove the Buick encore with the 1.4 for a friend and it was so labored in normal acceleration...even as cute as it looked...it was definitely a no go.

  11. #24
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6 mang01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Adelaide SA
    Posts
    650
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: GMI Drives: Holden MY14 Trax LTZ 1.4iTi

    Thanks for the interesting review. I just wondered - is it MY14 or MY15?

  12. #25
    GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Australia
    Posts
    17,992
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 816 Times in 568 Posts
    My Ride
    1993 Holden Calais VPII

    Re: GMI Drives: Holden MY14 Trax LTZ 1.4iTi

    Thanks mang01. I think it was a MY14. There were a number of MY15 vehicles being launched while I was testing this one. I don't know if there's a difference between MY14 and 15 for the Trax.

    JBsZ06, I like your thinking. I can see the benefit in an Encore (particularly running AWD with the extra weight) but in the Trax I never really felt like I wanted to take it racing. It had no issues getting up hills and I did take my family of 5 in it (albeit 3 of them being under 10).

    I also found the 1.8 with a manual to be surprisingly spritely. My neighbour actually has one to tow their incredibly small boat.

    But yes, they're no bolting horse.
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

    Hidden Content

    Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

  13. #26
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,126
    Thanks
    2,709
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 734 Posts

    Re: GMI Drives: Holden MY14 Trax LTZ 1.4iTi

    Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    Why gm didn't use the 1.6 liter turbo with 200 hp is beyond me...

    Test drove the Buick encore with the 1.4 for a friend and it was so labored in normal acceleration...even as cute as it looked...it was definitely a no go.
    I drove one as well. On streets it was fine and fun to drive but I didn't get to take it on the freeway which is where there are issues with it. I did take a Sonic on the freeway with the 1.4T and it definitely does not belong in a semi luxury car. GM needs to get a bigger engine in there yesterday.
    No power recline for a power seat is something we should never see. No lumbar support as well-ridiculous for a brand that wants to be taken seriously.

    As for the Trax, Motor Trend has a read out on everything in it's class and the interior is just sad. No proper center console/armrest, cheap looking dash with the same craptastic mylink system found in the Sonic. You'd think bringing over a new vehicle to this market that GM would put some effort into making it as appealing as possible.

    GM just almost never shoots to be the best, mediocrity is the name of the game.

  14. #27
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar impala02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Upper Valley
    Posts
    2,829
    Thanks
    997
    Thanked 674 Times in 321 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 GMC Acadia

    Re: GMI Drives: Holden MY14 Trax LTZ 1.4iTi

    Nice review. I always enjoy your perspective and the quality of your work.


    Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    I think it looks clean and simple. It works as good or better than competition I've tried (that's if they even have a touch screen at this price level).

    I did notice the lag on the power button once, but why do you even need the power button?
    So someone can complain about it...
    2017 GMC Acadia
    2015 BMW 535i xDrive

  15. #28
    GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Australia
    Posts
    17,992
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 816 Times in 568 Posts
    My Ride
    1993 Holden Calais VPII
    thanks.

  16. #29
    GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Australia
    Posts
    17,992
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 816 Times in 568 Posts
    My Ride
    1993 Holden Calais VPII
    Quote Originally Posted by steve333 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    Why gm didn't use the 1.6 liter turbo with 200 hp is beyond me...

    Test drove the Buick encore with the 1.4 for a friend and it was so labored in normal acceleration...even as cute as it looked...it was definitely a no go.
    I drove one as well. On streets it was fine and fun to drive but I didn't get to take it on the freeway which is where there are issues with it. I did take a Sonic on the freeway with the 1.4T and it definitely does not belong in a semi luxury car. GM needs to get a bigger engine in there yesterday.
    No power recline for a power seat is something we should never see. No lumbar support as well-ridiculous for a brand that wants to be taken seriously.

    As for the Trax, Motor Trend has a read out on everything in it's class and the interior is just sad. No proper center console/armrest, cheap looking dash with the same craptastic mylink system found in the Sonic. You'd think bringing over a new vehicle to this market that GM would put some effort into making it as appealing as possible.

    GM just almost never shoots to be the best, mediocrity is the name of the game.
    Really? Because in their first drive they sure seem to like it.... quite a bit it seems.
    http://m.motortrend.com/roadtests/su...tz_first_test/
    Last edited by mikmak; 01-27-2015 at 06:10 AM.

  17. #30
    Chevrolet VOLT
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dandenong (Melbourne) Australia
    Posts
    10,103
    Thanks
    941
    Thanked 728 Times in 532 Posts
    My Ride
    1999 Ford Fairmont Wagon

    Re: GMI Drives: Holden MY14 Trax LTZ 1.4iTi

    Quote Originally Posted by steve333 View Post
    I turn my radio on when I get into the car and turn it off before I turn it off. I prefer having the radio off when turning on the car so as not to give the battery/alternator more of a load when starting the car
    With new cars some starting circuits now interogate the various components to verify their serial numbers (of the instrument cluster etc) as part of the start up. I would expect that the starting circuit would disable the accessories circuit during start up on vehicles that don't do such checks

  18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2