Vehicle Lease Almost Done? Check Your Next Statement Carefully

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Vehicle Lease Almost Done? Check Your Next Statement Carefully

News Contributor Premium Member Perian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,186 Times in 1,150 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 Jaguar F-Type (Manual)

Vehicle Lease Almost Done? Check Your Next Statement Carefully

My end of lease statement from Jaguar contained a little surprise this month - which I will accept:

"We extended your lease end date by 6 months as a response to COVID-19.
    To accept, continue making monthly payments instead of returning the vehicle on your maturity date. No need to contact us. If you don't want an extension, you can turn in the vehicle."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perian For This Useful Post:

eklauss (04-21-2020)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    CTS-Vagon/11/BD/VetGS/19/white

Re: Vehicle Lease Almost Done? Check Your Next Statement Carefully

A friend was telling me some companies are refusing to accept the return. The only way you can return it is if you get something else. I guess they have no place to put the cars on the lots. One woman ended up hiring a lawyer to return the car.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,346 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

I know FORD is saturating the airwaves with ADS for payment holding and we are with you ETC BUT NOTHING at all about leasing and returning the vehicle

IMHO NOW would be a GOOD time to change up if you can as the lease "looked in" the trade in value but the NEW car is lower priced / better finance rate NOW but I doubt dealers / GM credit WANTS USED cars right now if they can NOT "steal" them

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,753 Times in 4,673 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

You cannot simply shut down a nation's economy and not have waves and waves of dysfunction emanating out in a never-ending pattern. I could possibly buy into this "emergency" IF all state and federal officials involved in the shutdown immediately lost their paychecks for the duration. But they live and work in isolation, they preach their royal wisdom but do not pay the price that they rain down on the peasantry. Here is yet another example.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (04-20-2020),autofan (04-21-2020),ClassyEldo (04-23-2020),Ed753 (04-20-2020),eklauss (04-21-2020),Extreme4x4 (04-20-2020),hq308 (04-20-2020),Larkbill (04-20-2020),usa1 (04-21-2020)

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar gkr778's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,918 Times in 1,486 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 BMW 320i and '72 Nova

Quote Originally Posted by Vagon11 View Post
    A friend was telling me some companies are refusing to accept the return. The only way you can return it is if you get something else. I guess they have no place to put the cars on the lots. One woman ended up hiring a lawyer to return the car.
    Jon Shafer at Bimmerfest explained very succinctly why this is the case:

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmerfest
    "There is a very simple answer as to WHY:

The Manheim Auto Auctions are CLOSED...

They have no way to "remarket" off-lease vehicles at the present moment, those that the dealer who takes the lease return in doesn't want to purchase."
    God and guns keep us strong. That's what this country was founded on. - Lynyrd Skynyrd

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gkr778 For This Useful Post:

ClassyEldo (04-23-2020),Neanderthal (04-21-2020)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,749 Times in 2,430 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    You cannot simply shut down a nation's economy and not have waves and waves of dysfunction emanating out in a never-ending pattern. I could possibly buy into this "emergency" IF all state and federal officials involved in the shutdown immediately lost their paychecks for the duration. But they live and work in isolation, they preach their royal wisdom but do not pay the price that they rain down on the peasantry. Here is yet another example.
    All those useless Newsies are much the same. Doing it from home giving us endless spin and getting paid. Make them go in to the networks and not be in isolated different studio sets when there...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

Larkbill (04-20-2020),Neanderthal (04-21-2020)

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 742 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 F150 XLT FX4 Crew Magma

A Closed End Lease is a Binding Contract. The "Lease End Value" is Guaranteed @ the time of Signing.

Neither GM or Ford's leases are "Open Ended" where the "Lease End" value is determined @ "Lease End" time.

In the last "Down Turn" (2010/2011) I was "Terminating" Leases lese a Residual Value of $27-29,000, Ford was offering them back to me the next day for $18-19000.

No Costs to the Leasee. Except any excess wear and tear.

Lease Extensions, are fine, but you pay the Same Payment every month. but the Residual Value does not change. Nor does the Max Mileage, so if you lease 3 extra months with a 60,000 mile (20000 per year) you will still pay extra Miles over 60,000
    Last edited by InCogKneeToe; 04-20-2020 at 04:15 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InCogKneeToe For This Useful Post:

eklauss (04-21-2020),Neanderthal (04-21-2020),richmond2000 (04-21-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    Thank you for saying that. I agree word for word. The ignorance over the economic impact of this situation is mind-boggling. And only now are some politicians and the media calling for government pay cuts, something that should have been in place at the very start. We have enormous sectors of the government that represent non-essential services, not the least of which are our inept elected overlords.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to autofan For This Useful Post:

ClassyEldo (04-23-2020),eklauss (04-21-2020),Neanderthal (04-21-2020)

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information