UAW Striker Hit and Killed by a Vehicle

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UAW Striker Hit and Killed by a Vehicle

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

UAW Striker Hit and Killed by a Vehicle

A striking UAW member was struck and killed by a vehicle on an overpass in Spring Hill, Tennessee. A judge had previously issued a temporary restraining order against the strikers / pickets, after documents were presented in court that the strikers were blocking road access, placing screws and nails in the roadway, intimidating motorists and damaging vehicles: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...nt/4063133002/

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 TruckMan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,472 Times in 1,204 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sierra Denali 6.2L

Re: UAW Striker Hit and Killed by a Vehicle

Karma?
    GMI Site Rules: 11. "Trolling", or making posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. We define trolling as a member that appears to have the sole purpose of posting just to spite the majority of the site or cause flame wars in threads they participate in. PLEASE respect differing opinions on the site at all times!

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,409 Times in 711 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TruckMan View Post
    Karma?
    That's pretty freaking cold....I dont think anyone deserves to be hit by a car and killed if they haven't themselves killed anyone....just a regular dude on strike and you invoke Karma?!?!?

Jeez what is wrong with some of yall?
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

6.0LL76 (10-22-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (10-28-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

ksr
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 1,285 Posts

He may have been just a regular guy not bothering anyone, and if so then this is very sad. But if he was involved in "blocking road access, placing screws and nails in the roadway, intimidating motorists and damaging vehicles" then count me among the "freaking cold."
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ksr For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (10-22-2019),Al63240 (10-22-2019),bongos2u (10-22-2019),eklauss (10-24-2019),gkr778 (10-22-2019),Larkbill (10-25-2019),Neanderthal (10-22-2019),posaune (10-23-2019),Syclone478 (10-22-2019),The Handler (10-23-2019),TruckMan (10-22-2019)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Self Reliance's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckMan View Post
    Karma?
    Who are you loyal to? I’m loyal to American workers, and workers everywhere.

What has a worker, any, ever did to you?

It would be karma had it been Roger Smith

Quote Originally Posted by ksr View Post
    He may have been just a regular guy not bothering anyone, and if so then this is very sad. But if he was involved in "blocking road access, placing screws and nails in the roadway, intimidating motorists and damaging vehicles" then count me among the "freaking cold."

What are you gaslighting? What’s next?
    26 + 6 = 1

ksr
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 1,285 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Self Reliance View Post
    Gaslighting? You'll have to define that one for me. To me, gaslighting is a term where you try to make someone else think they're going crazy. There's an old movie actually called "Gaslight" where a man tries to convince his wife that she's going mad.
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,825 Times in 3,940 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    That's pretty freaking cold....I dont think anyone deserves to be hit by a car and killed if they haven't themselves killed anyone....just a regular dude on strike and you invoke Karma?!?!?

Jeez what is wrong with some of yall?
    Perhaps you should clarify what he meant before jumping to conclusions as to meaning.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

Neanderthal (10-22-2019),Syclone478 (10-22-2019),TruckMan (10-23-2019)

Thanks
    Gaslighting? You'll have to define that one for me. To me, gaslighting is a term where you try to make someone else think they're going crazy. There's an old movie actually called "Gaslight" where a man tries to convince his wife that she's going mad.
    You must be thinking we are crazy for you to go and conjure an elaborate maybe-it-happened-plot about how they maybe-not-so-innocent. When all we know is that they were run over and died. Why would you do that? You are slandering them based on fantasy you weaved out of the loom of your mind.
    26 + 6 = 1

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

You must be thinking we are crazy for you to go and conjure an elaborate maybe-it-happened-plot about how they maybe-not-so-innocent. When all we know is that they were run over and died. Why would you do that? You are slandering them based on fantasy you weaved out of the loom of your mind.
    He didn't "slander" anyone. There has been a history of problems with members of the UAW blocking the roads and placing items to puncture tires (both are crimes). Based on those facts and that this has happened just recently, it isn't a reach to see that possibly the "worker" wasn't innocent in this.

Either way, the loss of life is sad; but I am dubious that only part of the story is being reported right now.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stealthregal For This Useful Post:

Al63240 (10-22-2019),eklauss (10-24-2019),Syclone478 (10-22-2019),TruckMan (10-23-2019)

Thanks

That's the same type of talk that led up to this:

This country is seriously ****ing broken
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

RedSkyBlackDream (10-28-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,825 Times in 3,940 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

But you are also presuming innocence of the run over worker. I see a lot of jumping to conclusions and assumptions about what the run over guy did and also the intent of the words of people are and how they interpret the run over guys actions.

If you are assuming he was one of the jerks harassing motorists then TruckMans comments don't seem so cold.
    If you are assuming he was a peaceful demonstrator on the side of the road then TruckMans comments seem cold.
    Or possibly the union guy was harassing people and there was an angry motorist who ran the guy over on purpose.
    Or possibly an angry motorist and a peaceful union guy
    Or a motorist was texting and a peaceful union guy was at the wrong place at the wrong time, but then it calls into question the overall safety of picketing on the side of a road.

A lot of possibilities, a lot of places to make assumptions. Everyone needs to clarify.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

eklauss (10-24-2019),richmond2000 (10-22-2019),TruckMan (10-23-2019)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,541 Times in 4,079 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Who are you loyal to? I’m loyal to American workers, and workers everywhere.

What has a worker, any, ever did to you?

It would be karma had it been Roger Smith

So everyone but you is a gaslighter? You're really missing many cards in your deck.

Actually not, if you watched the guy with the baseball bat who initiated this.

And yeah, guys like you and the oppressed Delaware Indian tribesman living under occupied tyranny, he's here to divide too.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

Syclone478 (10-22-2019),The Handler (10-23-2019)

Thanks

Can't have it both ways. If the UAW worker was truly involved in blocking the road then he was at least partially responsible for his death. What's broken about this country is we have protesters that love to protest but end up complaining when something bad happens like this. Everything has a risk and if a person is running around the street causing problems then there is a higher chance for tragedies like this to happen. Probably important that we get all the facts on the case though.
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Current Vehicles:

2017 Buick Lacrosse

2017 Buick Envision

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clownzilla For This Useful Post:

eklauss (10-24-2019),richmond2000 (10-22-2019),Syclone478 (10-22-2019),The Handler (10-23-2019)

Thanks

The problem is that 30% of this country believes that you have to be an ******* to your fellow man to feel tough. I stand by my initial reaction, picketing and blocking the road is not punishable by death penalty carried out by am angry ******* behind the wheel of a car. Just like the piece of **** in Charlottesville, who I knew you would defend BTW, if this is indeed the case, he'll be spending a considerable time behind bars as well.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownzilla View Post

Can't have it both ways. If this guy was truly involved in blocking the road then he was at least partially responsible for his death. What's broken about this country is we have protesters that love to protest but end up complaining when something bad happens like this. Everything has a risk and if a person is running around the street causing problems then there is a higher chance for tragedies like this to happen. Probably important that we get all the facts on the case though.
    Do you feel this way about all protestors everywhere? Or only if they protest something you support? Isn’t protesting a right, or are you eager to lie down like a snake and welcome the stomp of a cold boot?
    26 + 6 = 1

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Self Reliance For This Useful Post:

gb2000 (10-23-2019)

27. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information