Three of Four GM Brands Drop in Consumer Reports Annual Reliability Ranking

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three of Four GM Brands Drop in Consumer Reports Annual Reliability Ranking

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Three of Four GM Brands Drop in Consumer Reports Annual Reliability Ranking

Buick, Cadillac, and Chevrolet dropped in the annual Consumer Reports reliability ranking: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...ds/4178549002/

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Mr.Buttons's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Three of Four GM Brands Drop in Consumer Reports Annual Reliability Ranking

Hey at least GMC didn't!.

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks
    Wow Cadillac 30th and dead last. How depressing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    Wow Cadillac 30th and dead last. How depressing.

I wonder how Cadillac (and other GM) vehicle quality will be as a bunch of disgruntled UAW employees (that voted against the contract) return to work?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 1999 White C5 Coupe For This Useful Post:

Let Them Fail (11-21-2019)

Thanks
    Do they have data for each model or just the brand? Or likely have to pay JD to get that info? Curious if anything stands out on Cadillac or if it’s across the board incompetence.

ksr
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,426 Posts

I've posted about this before, and some people think I'm over the top in my criticism. I have an ATS Coupe. Love the car, plan on keeping it a long time. But I've had issues with CUE and because of that, I've said that I really can't see considering another Cadillac ever. It's not so much CUE itself, it's the customer service. 30th is too high. (Yeah, I know there's only 30, but make them 42 just because of how great they are!)

I had no issues with CUE when I bought the car in January. Worked fine, easy to use. On June 6th, Cadillac sent a software update over the air. It hasn't worked as well since. The XM Radio channel presets would often disappear. Sometimes XM radio could not be tuned at all, not with the presets, not with voice command. (Sometimes it worked fine.) There's other occasional issues too. I'll leave the car with the temp set at say, 72 degrees. When I get back in, the climate control might be off or set to a different temperature. Sometimes I'll hit the button for navigation and get a blank screen, and the navigation won't work until I stop and restart the car. None of this stuff happens all the time, but it happens. As much as I like my car, I often finish a drive feeling myself just pissed off over these minor issues.

It's not the issues themselves. it's the lack of response from Cadillac. Two cases were open with their customer service. They closed one, despite not having a fix. I don't even know if the other is still open. The dealer has contacted them recently; they still have no fix. The general manager of my dealership has even contacted me and was very apologetic, but there's nothing he can personally do. He was at a dealer meeting in Detroit recently and brought this up, as I'm certainly not the only one with issues. They do not have a fix. It's now been over five months, more than half the time that I've owned the car. I really don't expect them ever to fix it.

This is not how a customer of a supposed "luxury brand" should be treated.

Cadillac customer service tries to blame the dealer. "Go to you dealer, they'll fix it." But I've done that. And Cadillac has admitted that it's a software bug for which they do not have a fix yet. Which means they don't give a damn, because if they did, it would have been fixed months ago.

The most annoying thing of all is, my car didn't break and I didn't break it. Cadillac broke my car with their update. If I damage someone's car, I'm responsible for fixing it. Cadillac has done nothing. You'd think at the very least they'd pay for my XM Radio, which I suggested. The Cadillac rep said that after the problem is resolved, he's sure that they can arrange an extension of my XM contract. As I don't think they'll ever actually fix the issue, that extension will never happen. I let my XM subscription lapse; why pay for something that you often can't fully use?

So yeah, based on this I wouldn't consider another Cadillac. Not a ********* chance. And based on this, I can understand their miserable standing in this survey. My problems are minor, but they really, really grate on me (as you can tell since I just wrote a ton of words about it).
    Last edited by ksr; 11-15-2019 at 09:18 AM.
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ksr For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (11-15-2019),Extreme4x4 (12-03-2019),Neanderthal (11-15-2019),rockyspaw (12-03-2019),Rumpole (11-16-2019)

Thanks

We have an issue now with customers wireless charging of iPhones. Apple's new iPhone update now requires more juice to initiate the wireless charging process. GM's charging plate provides the amount of juice required before the update (but nothing more). So we have customers coming in and we are told from GM to tell our customers that it won't work anymore BUT it might work if you turn the car off and back on. This MIGHT provide enough power surge to start the charging process.
    Last edited by Clownzilla; 11-15-2019 at 09:29 AM.
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Current Vehicles:

2017 Buick Lacrosse

2017 Buick Envision

ksr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clownzilla View Post
    We have an issue now with customers wireless charging of iPhones. Apple's new iPhone update now requires more juice to initiate the wireless charging process. GM's charging plate provides the amount of juice required before the update (but nothing more). So we have customers coming in and we are told from GM to tell our customers that it won't work anymore BUT it might work if you turn the car off and back on. This MIGHT provide enough power surge to start the charging process.

Pretty pathetic. Apparently their programmers, probably in Bangalore, are using their own version of the typical old PC support advice: reboot! With my CUE issues, the advice given for me until they have a fix (ha!) was to do a factory reset every day for a few days in a row, and that might help the problem. It didn't. So one of my main problems was having to constantly reset XM Radio presets. Their answer was to have me do a factory reset every day, and then have to reset all the other settings in the car, in addition to the XM presets. Unbelievable. I'm a software developer. I'd have been fired for stuff like this.

It's ironic (and makes me want to put my fist through the screen) when I get the monthly reminder on the CUE screen not to take my eyes off the road, distracted driving is a danger, etc. The screwed up CUE system IS the cause of my distracted driving;.

In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 Times in 4,401 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Quote Originally Posted by Clownzilla View Post
    On the one hand, Life Is Tough. I realize it's Stone Age technology, but they can always PLUG IN THE CHARGER. If that's too difficult, some folks should probably just stop at a phone booth for their important business.

Quote Originally Posted by ksr View Post
    Pretty pathetic. Apparently their programmers, probably in Bangalore, are using their own version of the typical old PC support advice: reboot! With my CUE issues, the advice given for me until they have a fix (ha!) was to do a factory reset every day for a few days in a row, and that might help the problem. It didn't. So one of my main problems was having to constantly reset XM Radio presets. Their answer was to have me do a factory reset every day, and then have to reset all the other settings in the car, in addition to the XM presets. Unbelievable. I'm a software developer. I'd have been fired for stuff like this.

It's ironic (and makes me want to put my fist through the screen) when I get the monthly reminder on the CUE screen not to take my eyes off the road, distracted driving is a danger, etc. The screwed up CUE system IS the cause of my distracted driving;.
    Corporate dumping on dealers and dealers dumping on corporate, it's the 3rd grade again he did it no she did it no Harold did it! A friend's DIL was having big trouble at the Chibby dealer getting them to honor her GM Card points or whatever that program is. I talked with my bud and gave him the GM Case Management phone number. Recently I asked him what happened, turns out she didn't get another Malibu but is now in a Buick Encore. He didn't 'splain how that happened but I imagine someone at the Buick dealer wasn't a dimwitted prick and saw a customer and made a sale. What a concept.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter. George Washington

Hidden Content

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (11-15-2019)

Thanks
    Altho I could swear I saw a JD power with caddy ranked very high for “dealer satisfaction “!

ksr
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    Altho I could swear I saw a JD power with caddy ranked very high for “dealer satisfaction “!

My dealer is just fine. The general manager even called me to talk about it. They're getting the same miserable support from Cadillac corporate that I am.

It's a real shame because I love my ATS. But I wouldn't even consider another Cadillac, not after this treatment. At this point I hope they get shut down and everyone in their tech department dies.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksr For This Useful Post:

Extreme4x4 (12-03-2019),Mr.Buttons (11-15-2019)

Thanks

My dealer is just fine. The general manager even called me to talk about it. They're getting the same miserable support from Cadillac corporate that I am.

It's a real shame because I love my ATS. But I wouldn't even consider another Cadillac, not after this treatment. At this point I hope they get shut down and everyone in their tech department dies.
    That's the main problem with my employer. We are getting the exact same treatment as the customers and there is little we can do about it. For example, the Cadillac loaner program is a pretty decent idea. However, we need more loaner vehicles but Cadillac won't give them to us because we have the vehicles out too long. Problem is that we have customers that live 2+ hours away that GM want's us to have them physically come in every 3 or so days to "reloan" the vehicle. If a customer has their vehicle for 2+ weeks (due to a part that's back-ordered or something) we are told that we need to have the customer make that drive several times.......or we don't get more loaner vehicles! Crap like that is why Cadillac is 30th.
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Current Vehicles:

2017 Buick Lacrosse

2017 Buick Envision

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clownzilla For This Useful Post:

Extreme4x4 (12-03-2019),richmond2000 (11-15-2019)

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Mr.Buttons's Avatar
    Thanks

WOW! LMAO!!!! If I could give you 100 Thank Youseses I would!!!

I feel that way about the "Lincoln"/Ford dealers I deal with...I haven't had any tech issues though *knock on fake wood*.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Buttons For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (11-15-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,446 Times in 2,233 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Pathetic GM, absolutely pathetic.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks

*peeks in the room*

Go Dodge

*runs*

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 69gtsdart For This Useful Post:

Extreme4x4 (12-03-2019),Mr.Buttons (11-15-2019),Neanderthal (11-15-2019)

25. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information