Shares of GM plunge, because they have major production in Mexico

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46

Thread: Shares of GM plunge, because they have major production in Mexico

  1. #1
    4.6 Liter Northstar V8 kool1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,674
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 587 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

    Shares of GM plunge, because they have major production in Mexico

    President Donald Trump announced that the U.S. will impose a 5% tariff on goods imported from Mexico on June 10.

    The big three automakers each have billions of dollars at stake due both production and suppliers in Mexico.

    Shares of General Motors, Fiat Chrysler and Ford dropped in premarket trading Friday.

    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/31/auto...-5percent.html

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar 'Vette Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,764
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 291 Times in 121 Posts

    Re: Shares of GM plunge, because they have major production in Mexico

    Love it. Thank you Mary!
    2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid
    2008 Saturn Aura 3.5
    2014 Chevy Cruze 1.4T

  4. #3
    Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,911
    Thanks
    579
    Thanked 1,526 Times in 1,006 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

    Re: Shares of GM plunge, because they have major production in Mexico

    Blame congress and their inabolitu to act on securing our border from foreign invaders.

    15 minutes and this could be resolved by congress but the house wants Trump to fail.

    This tarrif should be short lived if the mexican government wants it to be.

    The illegals, the crime and the drugs are coming through their border into our country.

    They are lucky we dont bomb mexico for their criminal allowance of this catastrophe.

    If it costs an extra few points to get cheap labor produced prodicts in from mexico...boohoo..

    F em..

    Secure their side of the border and stop illegal crossings ..
    2008 black c6 corvette z51 m6 on black c7 z51 19/20s and 2018 Bright red alfa stelvio ti sport on 20 s with sport seats

  5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JBsZ06 For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (06-02-2019),bongos2u (05-31-2019),Ed753 (06-01-2019),Extreme4x4 (06-01-2019),joey (05-31-2019),lohchief (06-02-2019),Neanderthal (05-31-2019),rjpoog1989 (05-31-2019),sfbreh (06-01-2019),SP1966 (05-31-2019),TruckMan (06-03-2019),unkillsam (06-02-2019),Z Fury (06-09-2019)

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  7. #4
    6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,059
    Thanks
    565
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 629 Posts

    Re: Shares of GM plunge, because they have major production in Mexico

    Yes, I just read this morning that Ford is the Largest Company in Michigan.

  8. #5
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    A sunny cave in Transylvania
    Posts
    33,453
    Thanks
    7,602
    Thanked 6,008 Times in 3,820 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

    Re: Shares of GM plunge, because they have major production in Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    Blame congress and their inabolitu to act on securing our border from foreign invaders.

    15 minutes and this could be resolved by congress but the house wants Trump to fail.

    This tarrif should be short lived if the mexican government wants it to be.

    The illegals, the crime and the drugs are coming through their border into our country.

    They are lucky we dont bomb mexico for their criminal allowance of this catastrophe.

    If it costs an extra few points to get cheap labor produced prodicts in from mexico...boohoo..

    F em..

    Secure their side of the border and stop illegal crossings ..
    Don't forget the never-mentioned Diseases We Eradicated Long Ago making comebacks. Where did all these measles come from? Misguided anti-vaxxers? Are they like misguided globaloney warming skeptics?
    I said long ago when W for Warrior went into Iraq that we invaded the wrong country. Push into our southern neighbor about 20 miles and set up a layered East German type border. Wire. Wall. Mines. War is war.
    But yes, the projectionists who complain about a lost election--imagine the disasters we'd be plunging into if the seizure-prone non patriot lush was in charge now--are directly responsible for this chaos.

    That's both parties and all presidents prior to this one, they were all colluding and conspiring and taking bribes and getting rich, or at the very best naive and uninformed.

    Mary went to bed with Mexico, as did many others including a yooj new KIA factory there, and if you sow the wind, you reap the whirlwind. Like they say, you're stuck with the date you brung to the dance.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

    Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

    The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

  9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

    'Vette Dude (05-31-2019),1958carnut (06-02-2019),bongos2u (05-31-2019),JBsZ06 (05-31-2019),joey (05-31-2019),lohchief (06-02-2019),mbukukanyau (05-31-2019),rjpoog1989 (05-31-2019),SierraGS (06-01-2019)

  10. #6
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Carlsbad Commiefornia
    Posts
    29,114
    Thanks
    4,482
    Thanked 6,470 Times in 3,138 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Equinox V6| 2013 Traverse

    Re: Shares of GM plunge, because they have major production in Mexico

    This is awesome, move work back home, fools

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (06-02-2019),Ed753 (06-01-2019),joey (05-31-2019)

  12. #7
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NYC Area
    Posts
    777
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 184 Times in 118 Posts
    My Ride
    2003 Cadillac Escalade

    Re: Shares of GM plunge, because they have major production in Mexico

    Aww yeah, Trump tax in full swing starting in China, moving to Mexico--just waiting for the EMEA tax to kick in. US will be manufacturers of pickups, huge SUVs, and other RWD/AWD V8 powered vehicles with solid rear axles. Everything else, will be made and sold in the rest of the world. In addition to only hiring lawyers, insurance agents, and sales reps for foreign manufactured products, you will now add 1970's automobile technology manufacturing to the list of "desired jobs" in the US.

    Horray for Trump! Bend over and receive your prize!!!!

    Oh wait, this is an automobile forum? Oh, OK...well I guess this leaves an opening for smaller/nimbler companies like Tesla to take over the space left over by GM's "mistakes"? Oh wait, I can't use Tesla in a positive light here? Oh, sorry...

    Remember--inches not meters!!!
    2018 Chevy Tahoe
    2017 Chevy Suburban
    2003 Cadillac Escalade -- 200K miles and still rollin' (current ride)
    Past Rides:
    2014 Buick Verano (Lease)
    2011 Cadillac CTS 3.0 (Lease)
    1998 Camaro Z28 -- RIP 1/2016

  13. #8
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    508
    Thanks
    658
    Thanked 341 Times in 168 Posts
    My Ride
    4.3L Vortec

    Re: Shares of GM plunge, because they have major production in Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    Don't forget the never-mentioned Diseases We Eradicated Long Ago making comebacks. Where did all these measles come from? Misguided anti-vaxxers? Are they like misguided globaloney warming skeptics?
    I said long ago when W for Warrior went into Iraq that we invaded the wrong country. Push into our southern neighbor about 20 miles and set up a layered East German type border. Wire. Wall. Mines. War is war.
    But yes, the projectionists who complain about a lost election--imagine the disasters we'd be plunging into if the seizure-prone non patriot lush was in charge now--are directly responsible for this chaos.

    That's both parties and all presidents prior to this one, they were all colluding and conspiring and taking bribes and getting rich, or at the very best naive and uninformed.

    Mary went to bed with Mexico, as did many others including a yooj new KIA factory there, and if you sow the wind, you reap the whirlwind. Like they say, you're stuck with the date you brung to the dance.
    Exactly. I saw a report last night that Bubonic Plague (The Black Death) is making a comeback in California.

  14. #9
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Carlsbad Commiefornia
    Posts
    29,114
    Thanks
    4,482
    Thanked 6,470 Times in 3,138 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Equinox V6| 2013 Traverse

    Re: Shares of GM plunge, because they have major production in Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by GMOwner View Post
    Aww yeah, Trump tax in full swing starting in China, moving to Mexico--just waiting for the EMEA tax to kick in. US will be manufacturers of pickups, huge SUVs, and other RWD/AWD V8 powered vehicles with solid rear axles. Everything else, will be made and sold in the rest of the world. In addition to only hiring lawyers, insurance agents, and sales reps for foreign manufactured products, you will now add 1970's automobile technology manufacturing to the list of "desired jobs" in the US.

    Horray for Trump! Bend over and receive your prize!!!!

    Oh wait, this is an automobile forum? Oh, OK...well I guess this leaves an opening for smaller/nimbler companies like Tesla to take over the space left over by GM's "mistakes"? Oh wait, I can't use Tesla in a positive light here? Oh, sorry...

    Remember--inches not meters!!!
    America first, jobs for our people, employment rate is at full employment,

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (06-02-2019),Extreme4x4 (06-01-2019),lohchief (06-02-2019)

  16. #10
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    A sunny cave in Transylvania
    Posts
    33,453
    Thanks
    7,602
    Thanked 6,008 Times in 3,820 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

    Re: Shares of GM plunge, because they have major production in Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    America first, jobs for our people, employment rate is at full employment,
    You are peeing into the wind with GMO.

    Now, where is Tesler going to take over the space left over by GM's mistakes? Is Le Grande General in the rocket bidness? Was?
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

    Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

    The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

  17. #11
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NYC Area
    Posts
    777
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 184 Times in 118 Posts
    My Ride
    2003 Cadillac Escalade

    Re: Shares of GM plunge, because they have major production in Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    You are peeing into the wind with GMO.

    Now, where is Tesler going to take over the space left over by GM's mistakes? Is Le Grande General in the rocket bidness? Was?
    Well, if Tesler doesn't do, Gubmint Motahs will--cause that's the road they're takin' their wagon down.

    But, that's just me talking...Tune it to Fox News and MSNBC (you know, picture in picture) and let's see how they duke it out. $5 says the blowhards won't say anything really, but, they'll kindly take your money--check your cable bill lately????

    Oh, and rockets? Yeah, the bureaucrats in LockMart would love to take a 6 (that's six--two years less than the potential number of years Trump can be president) shooter to the Falcon1 rocket. Just like GM, they're sittin' on a bench at the OK Coral watching their respective industry just pass them by... gosh you could add the US to this metaphor as well.

    Have I politicized this enough yet?
    2018 Chevy Tahoe
    2017 Chevy Suburban
    2003 Cadillac Escalade -- 200K miles and still rollin' (current ride)
    Past Rides:
    2014 Buick Verano (Lease)
    2011 Cadillac CTS 3.0 (Lease)
    1998 Camaro Z28 -- RIP 1/2016

  18. #12
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 BahamaTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    984
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 692 Times in 322 Posts
    My Ride
    18 Regal GS / 04 Canyon Z71

    Re: Shares of GM plunge, because they have major production in Mexico

    Also just in time for BMW's new 3 series factory opening next week and Toyota's new Tacoma factory opening later this year.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to BahamaTodd For This Useful Post:

    jesda1 (05-31-2019)

  20. #13
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar 'Vette Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,764
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 291 Times in 121 Posts

    Re: Shares of GM plunge, because they have major production in Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by GMOwner View Post
    Well, if Tesler doesn't do, Gubmint Motahs will--cause that's the road they're takin' their wagon down.

    But, that's just me talking...Tune it to Fox News and MSNBC (you know, picture in picture) and let's see how they duke it out. $5 says the blowhards won't say anything really, but, they'll kindly take your money--check your cable bill lately????

    Oh, and rockets? Yeah, the bureaucrats in LockMart would love to take a 6 (that's six--two years less than the potential number of years Trump can be president) shooter to the Falcon1 rocket. Just like GM, they're sittin' on a bench at the OK Coral watching their respective industry just pass them by... gosh you could add the US to this metaphor as well.

    Have I politicized this enough yet?
    You seem to be terribly upset and incoherent right now. Might be a good idea to take a break and think about how much internet hatred and vitriol is affecting your demeanor.

    I try not to buy too much hecho en mexico items so I'm not too concerned.
    2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid
    2008 Saturn Aura 3.5
    2014 Chevy Cruze 1.4T

  21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 'Vette Dude For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (06-02-2019),bballr4567 (05-31-2019),Extreme4x4 (06-01-2019),lohchief (06-02-2019),Neanderthal (05-31-2019),SierraGS (06-01-2019)

  22. #14
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar 'Vette Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,764
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 291 Times in 121 Posts

    Re: Shares of GM plunge, because they have major production in Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by GMOwner View Post
    Aww yeah, Trump tax in full swing starting in China, moving to Mexico--just waiting for the EMEA tax to kick in. US will be manufacturers of pickups, huge SUVs, and other RWD/AWD V8 powered vehicles with solid rear axles. Everything else, will be made and sold in the rest of the world. In addition to only hiring lawyers, insurance agents, and sales reps for foreign manufactured products, you will now add 1970's automobile technology manufacturing to the list of "desired jobs" in the US.

    Horray for Trump! Bend over and receive your prize!!!!

    Oh wait, this is an automobile forum? Oh, OK...well I guess this leaves an opening for smaller/nimbler companies like Tesla to take over the space left over by GM's "mistakes"? Oh wait, I can't use Tesla in a positive light here? Oh, sorry...

    Remember--inches not meters!!!
    Living in NYC might be clouding your thoughts a little bit, because plenty of quality vehicles are built in the US.
    2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid
    2008 Saturn Aura 3.5
    2014 Chevy Cruze 1.4T

  23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 'Vette Dude For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (06-02-2019),Extreme4x4 (06-01-2019),lohchief (06-02-2019),Neanderthal (05-31-2019),SierraGS (06-01-2019)

  24. #15
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    A sunny cave in Transylvania
    Posts
    33,453
    Thanks
    7,602
    Thanked 6,008 Times in 3,820 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

    Re: Shares of GM plunge, because they have major production in Mexico

    Hmmm, the system won't paste 'Vette Dude's two excellent, coherent posts for some reason. I can only add Amen to that, if that's not too religious!
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

    Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

    The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

    lohchief (06-02-2019)

  26. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2