GM Inside News Forum banner

Officially Official: Encore Crossover Joining Buick Lineup

16K views 57 replies 48 participants last post by  iluvcamaros 
#1 ·
Buick expanding lineup with new crossover.
www.GMInsideNews.com
December 14, 2011
By: Nick Saporito

GMI first uncovered news of a “Baby Enclave” in development way back in 2009. The new crossover has been the source of speculation ever since, with the name and other information slowly leaking out. Today, however, Buick has made it official: the Encore crossover will be joining the Buick lineup.

As GMI reported last week, the Encore will be revealed during the 2012 North American International Auto Show on January 10th. Instead of sticking with an entirely traditional product reveal, Buick will be slowly releasing sections of an Encore photograph on their Facebook page. The Facebook reveal will begin this week with a covered shot of the new crossover.

Buick states that the Encore will provide contemporary styling, Buick’s QuietTuning technology and all of the modern features expected from Buick. Stay tuned to GMI on the morning of January 10th for all of the details on the new Buick Encore.

See less See more
#18 ·
Obviously these sorts of things are highly subjective but I actually think that if it was chrome it would stand out too much and look stupid. I actually like it in black and I would actually prefer if it was body coloured.

I would prefer to see Buick eliminate the port hole feature that they put on the hood now-a-days. I don't find that detail attractive at all.

#21 · (Edited)
The black piece under the headlight...is it about to play football???
What platform is this based on?
I hope this isn't the Vueick thing.
What's the point of the vent?
The tri shield is a nice touch, but it was already done on the 08 Malibu LTZ when it first came out.

The vent....I'm sorry, if this is the Vueick that was a horrible way to differentiate this from that.

Edit: Thx Al.

#28 ·
Looks good so far, but i'll wait to see more to make my call. Any news on the Opel version?

#56 ·
I find this vehicle intriguing for my wife. I'm wondering if GM will put the 2.0T in here to go head to head with the VW Tiguan in the same configuration? Any ideas on what the dimensions of the Encore compared to say the Equinox or Terrain?

Can't believe the number of 0h n0es it's the Saturn comments... :rolleyes:

You should understand who the poster is and then you'll know why he made such a comment.
When it comes to mgescuro, he's almost always being sarcastic...
Product Organism Gesture Rectangle Font

#32 ·
I'm very intriuged and have high expectations for it. Looking forward to seeing the whole vehicle. Is it based off the same platform as the Terrain? What I really want to see is the new TrailBlazer if it comes here to the States.

#36 ·
Saturn Vue:

Buick Encore:

People do say this is based on the Sonic, but I seriously think this is based on the Vue. The bumper treatment below the lights, the shape the grill, the side mirrors, headlight shape, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.