Miracle in Plymouth: UAW worker celebrates Ford making 1M face shields in 13 days

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miracle in Plymouth: UAW worker celebrates Ford making 1M face shields in 13 days

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    4.3L Vortec

Miracle in Plymouth: UAW worker celebrates Ford making 1M face shields in 13 days

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,457 Times in 3,605 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Re: Miracle in Plymouth: UAW worker celebrates Ford making 1M face shields in 13 days

If I were rational, I would notice Toyota, Hyundai, Honda, Kia, Volkswagen, Mazda etc are all doing nothing.. Only the Americans are trying... But noooo, my inner fanboi would not let me...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

eklauss (04-08-2020),Robert1969 (04-07-2020),StarCruiser (04-08-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,099 Times in 4,449 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Re: Miracle in Plymouth: UAW worker celebrates Ford making 1M face shields in 13 days

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    If I were rational, I would notice Toyota, Hyundai, Honda, Kia, Volkswagen, Mazda etc are all doing nothing.. Only the Americans are trying... But noooo, my inner fanboi would not let me...
    Looks like Toyota is making face shields: https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-...vid-19-crisis/

VW is looking into ventilators : https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2172VH

I don't see that Honda or Hyundai are doing anything....

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar gkr778's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,427 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 BMW 320i and '72 Nova

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I don't see that Honda or Hyundai are doing anything....
    Hyundai is funding the operation of drive-through COVID-19 testing centers at eleven children's hospitals in the U.S.:

1. The Hyundai Cancer Institute at CHOC Children's, Orange, CA
    2. UH Rainbow Babies and Children's, Cleveland, OH
    3. Children's National Hospital, Washington, D.C.
    4. Dana Farber / Boston Children's Hospital, Boston, MA
    5. Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA
    6. Columbia Medical Center, New York, NY
    7. Joseph's Children's Hospital, Tampa, FL
    8. Children's Hospital of Colorado, Aurora, CO
    9. Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
    10. Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, TX
    11. University of Alabama Children's, Birmingham, AL
    God and guns keep us strong. That's what this country was founded on. - Lynyrd Skynyrd

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gkr778 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (04-08-2020),BlackGTP (04-07-2020),bongos2u (04-07-2020),Ed753 (04-07-2020),Extreme4x4 (04-07-2020),Neanderthal (04-07-2020),richmond2000 (04-09-2020)

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by gkr778 View Post
    Hyundai is funding the operation of drive-through COVID-19 testing centers at eleven children's hospitals in the U.S.:

I meant I couldn't find anything regarding manufacturing - masks, shields or ventilators. But good that they are contributing!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

eklauss (04-08-2020),gkr778 (04-07-2020)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,457 Times in 3,605 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

You know in the wilds of Africa, when two bucks start fighting, Vultures and Hyenas get very excited...They see dinner in the offing

6.2 Liter LS3 V8 Premium Member smith7629's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2018 Silverado Midnight Z71

Good job Ford.
    [/SIGPIC]

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

And PS to Extreme, I have been walking up to 5 miles a day (during lunch and before work) and make it a point to work out after work - got in a really good workout yesterday using a huge bag of dirt, two buckets of bricks and two bags of kitty litter! And I've done a mountain of yardwork over the weekends, fixing all the damage from taking many trees down that were killed by the emerald ash borer. What has everyone else been doing? Any creative workouts like my "dirt bag lunges"?
    I have a dead tree (not sure on type...) in my front yard, no power saw, and I refuse to pay someone to remove a 20' tree. So starting two weeks ago, I've been hacking it down with a hand saw. A little bit a day, every day. Since my disposal is limited to a city trash container, I've had to be meticulous in cutting it down to small pieces that will fit. My back, chest, and arms have been on fire for a solid week now.
    Current Vehicles:
    1999 Tahoe 4x4 - daily driver
    1999 Camaro Z28 - bolt-on weekend vehicle
    2015 Equinox LTX - wife's car

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Z Fury For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (04-08-2020),dannyg (04-08-2020),mbukukanyau (04-09-2020),TruckMan (04-08-2020)

Thanks
    My Ride

That's a good workout! When I had the trees taken down I asked them to drop a "leaner" I had in the woods that's been driving me nuts, but just leave it there for me to cut up. It was a decent sized tree, probably 60 feet. I thought about getting a full size axe (I have a hand sized one) to cut it up. But I ended up taking my chainsaw to it. The axe would've been an awesome workout - go all Paul Bunyan on it!

Good luck with the hand saw!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

Z Fury (04-08-2020)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Extreme4x4's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,007 Times in 1,296 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    Agree. And if the few knuckleheads around here would See The Light and come around to my point of view, life would be saaaa-weeett!

So what's new with that Audi we used to hear about? New adventures?
    We have been wanting to get it all cleaned and ceramic coated so I can take pictures, and make a new post on it. However, We have had storm after storm after storm. He has been having a good time driving it. He gets into little races (only up to the speed limit) frequently............... and his head is getting bigger because that thing is a beast off the line. We have a lot of really neat roads around here, and he has been having fun. One of his favorites he has not been able to do, however. There is some pretty deep water running across it (because of all of the rain). Even Roosevelt Lake (about 40 minutes from here, and it is HUGE) is almost full. It was at 67% over the summer. Oh, he did find one thing that he will be able to get fixed while it is still under factory warranty..................... the USB in the center console isn't working. That's it. Most days he comes in with a **** eating grin on his face saying "I love my car."

Oh, my workout is free weights at the house. We have a bench and weights. We also also have the Bowflex Selecttech 552 adjustables. Then there is hiking or even just walking. In my neighborhood, there are some pretty good grades, so you can get in a pretty heavy cardio workout with that (I'm not doing as much cardio right now because the allergies are terrible, and it makes my asthma act up), or we can go mountain biking. It's helpful when you live in the middle of the Tonto National Forest, and have to walk for 5 minutes to get to it.
    Last edited by Extreme4x4; 04-08-2020 at 01:56 PM.
    The resident "girl"

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Extreme4x4 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (04-08-2020),BlackGTP (04-08-2020),Neanderthal (04-08-2020),Z Fury (04-09-2020)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2020 Camaro/Now on hold. :(

Not trying to start anything here but I feel Kia should get half the credit for this list. That is, unless they have their own list. In that case they should only get a third.
    It sounded pretty good until I actually said it.

Thanks
    My Ride

And PS to Extreme, I have been walking up to 5 miles a day (during lunch and before work) and make it a point to work out after work - got in a really good workout yesterday using a huge bag of dirt, two buckets of bricks and two bags of kitty litter! And I've done a mountain of yardwork over the weekends, fixing all the damage from taking many trees down that were killed by the emerald ash borer. What has everyone else been doing? Any creative workouts like my "dirt bag lunges"?
    I've been running from the truth and throwing tantrums. Does that count?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to IROCNROL1 For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (04-09-2020)

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by IROCNROL1 View Post
    May I have both? Thank you!
    Ha! I have one used N95 mask that I'm jealously guarding and wear when I go to the grocery store. But I'd take a face shield also as there are many people that don't seem to "get it" - coughing without covering mouth's, disregarding the direction arrows for the grocery store aisles and invading my space with their germy faces!

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar gkr778's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,427 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 BMW 320i and '72 Nova

Quote Originally Posted by IROCNROL1 View Post
    May I have both? Thank you!
    Of course IROCNROL1. But keep in mind there is currently a waiting list for both items. I think you can use your power of persuasion to advance your position on that list, though.
    God and guns keep us strong. That's what this country was founded on. - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Thanks
    My Ride

Ha! I have one used N95 mask that I'm jealously guarding and wear when I go to the grocery store. But I'd take a face shield also as there are many people that don't seem to "get it" - coughing without covering mouth's, disregarding the direction arrows for the grocery store aisles and invading my space with their germy faces!
    I have three N95s left but the one I'm currently using is getting a bit grubby. I had these well before the outbreak and mainly use them when painting small stuff.

Of course IROCNROL1. But keep in mind there is currently a waiting list for both items. I think you can use your power of persuasion to advance your position on that list, though.
    That's a great idea, seeing how I got such a tremendous deal out of General Mary on a new Camaro. I check the mail every day for the confirmation letter she promised but you know how chaotic it's been.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to IROCNROL1 For This Useful Post:

gkr778 (04-10-2020)

26. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information