Huawei with automakers to launch self-driving cars by 2021

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Huawei with automakers to launch self-driving cars by 2021

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Huawei with automakers to launch self-driving cars by 2021

Huawei teams up with automakers to launch self-driving cars – report

Link to RT Business

One of the world’s largest telecom companies, Huawei, may launch self-driving vehicles as early as 2021 together with partners in China and beyond, a Huawei representative has revealed to the Financial Times (FT).

The Chinese tech giant is under intense pressure from the US, which has banned American firms from supplying Huawei with components or technology, amid a simmering trade row with Beijing.
    Read more
    Huawei looks to Russian technology to replace Google’s Android on its smartphones Huawei looks to Russian technology to replace Google’s Android on its smartphones

Huawei, meanwhile, is apparently looking to move beyond the telecoms industry. The corporation’s chief strategy architect, Dang Wenshuan, said there are plans to supply artificial intelligence technology for a joint project with manufacturers, including Audi and GAC Toyota (a joint venture of Chinese automobile maker GAC Group and Toyota Motor Company). China-based Beijing New Energy Automobile and Changan Automobile are also collaborating with the company.

“From my understanding, we are working together to have a car that will be shipped in the year 2021 or 2022 using these [autonomous driving] components,” Dang said as cited by FT.

The self-driving cars are expected to be launched in China, as Chinese producers are moving “faster” in this sphere, but the vehicles will also be available in Europe, he added.

A prototype of the autonomous car was demonstrated to the FT in Huawei’s headquarters. The demo featured an Audi car driving through the streets of Shanghai. The man behind the wheel did not touch any controls, while the vehicle stopped at the traffic lights and avoided pedestrians.

The project already has competitors in the autonomous driving market given that leading world tech companies, and Chinese ones too, are working on similar projects of their own.

Alibaba, for example, recently joined rival internet giants Baidu and Tencent in their efforts to create a self-driving car and is reportedly already running road tests. Meanwhile, Google has launched its self-driving taxi startup, Waymo, and Tesla wants to roll out a network of autonomous “robotaxis.”

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,657 Times in 3,704 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Re: Huawei with automakers to launch self-driving cars by 2021

Europeans are really naive

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

Extreme4x4 (06-12-2019),Neanderthal (06-12-2019),Z284ever (06-12-2019)

GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,408 Times in 3,323 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    I certainly wouldn't want to share technology, nor trust a Huawei controlled self driving car.
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Z284ever For This Useful Post:

kmacleod (06-13-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,753 Times in 4,673 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Naive just starts to describe it. I think masochistic may be closer to the truth. Guilt, it's a turrible thang.

But rilly, with a deadly enemy who have stated in no uncertain terms that they plan to be the dominant world power by 2050, a nation who slaughtered 20-30+ million of their own citizens thanks to the great Chairman Mao and other benevolent tyrants over the years, who still run a police state and always will, who steal as a way of life, the state electronics firm partnering with Western Imbeciles for self-driving cars...what could possibly go wrong?
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

Extreme4x4 (06-12-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Extreme4x4's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,029 Times in 1,303 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport

Just what I would want.............. China controlling my self driving car.

What could possibly go wrong?
    The resident "girl"

Thanks
    My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    Naive just starts to describe it. I think masochistic may be closer to the truth. Guilt, it's a turrible thang.

But rilly, with a deadly enemy who have stated in no uncertain terms that they plan to be the dominant world power by 2050, a nation who slaughtered 20-30+ million of their own citizens thanks to the great Chairman Mao and other benevolent tyrants over the years, who still run a police state and always will, who steal as a way of life, the state electronics firm partnering with Western Imbeciles for self-driving cars...what could possibly go wrong?
    At some point, the United States Government has to identify the simple goal of destroying the Chinese Communist party, its much more dangerous to freedom than the Soviet communists ever were. Its us andd with us, the demise of the free world, or them. Did you know that if you are a human outside of the Former British empire, you most likely live under Tyranny?

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,753 Times in 4,673 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

At some point, the United States Government has to identify the simple goal of destroying the Chinese Communist party, its much more dangerous to freedom than the Soviet communists ever were. Its us andd with us, the demise of the free world, or them. Did you know that if you are a human outside of the Former British empire, you most likely live under Tyranny?
    Pretty much. Tyrants love tyranny. That's why they hate Western Civilization, and why generation after generation of moles have been sent to undermine.

For me, I doubt I'll be getting into a Johnnycab anytime soon. Double triple quadruple so if the Chicommies or Hwaaaway has anything to do with it. Possible (but unlikely) exception is unless I'm with the Terminator.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

Extreme4x4 (06-13-2019),mbukukanyau (06-12-2019)

GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,408 Times in 3,323 Posts

Boy, I'd sure hate to be in a Huawei controlled self driving car, if I just had a TV interview and complained about my family member being at a Chicom work camp.
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Z284ever For This Useful Post:

Extreme4x4 (06-13-2019),mbukukanyau (06-12-2019),Neanderthal (06-12-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Z284ever View Post
    Boy, I'd sure hate to be in a Huawei controlled self driving car, if I just had a TV interview and complained about my family member being at a Chicom work camp.
    The doors will not open, and it will not stop.. till you are in the Gulag

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

Neanderthal (06-12-2019),Z284ever (06-12-2019)

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information