GM: We encourage employees, dealers to tattle after ignition switch crisis

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: GM: We encourage employees, dealers to tattle after ignition switch crisis

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    4.3L Vortec

GM: We encourage employees, dealers to tattle after ignition switch crisis

Kind of a weird title to the article. BTW, not many comments in the comments section (yet), but all of them are negative so far...

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...ts/2099289001/

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 742 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 F150 XLT FX4 Crew Magma

Re: GM: We encourage employees, dealers to tattle after ignition switch crisis

Hands caught in the Cookie Jar.

"Look Ma, Janie could have did it Too"

Spread the blame. What are "Supervisors" there for?

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,753 Times in 4,673 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

"Tattle"? As in nyaaa nyaaa nyaa nyaaa nyaaa nyaaa!! "I saw Billy pass a note to Judy, miss teechur!!!"

Wonder if they encourage the people Upstairs to "tattle" too? Shall we do a poll?
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Mr.Buttons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 680 Posts

Oh brother.....

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Citation84's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2005 Saturn ION 1

So, no more giving themselves awards, then ?

GM Honors Top Innovators of 2002
    SaturnFans.com • March 26, 2003
    General Motors honored its top 44 innovators of 2002 at the 27th annual "Boss" Kettering Awards ceremony yesterday. The "Boss" Kettering Award is GM's highest award for recognizing technical inventions and innovations. Its purpose is to recognize individuals who have developed outstanding inventions and innovations that have had identifiable and substantial benefit to General Motors during 2002. Recognition of these accomplishments is intended to spur innovation and technology development.

Discrete Logic Low-Current Ignition Switch

The discrete logic low-current ignition switch is a new, low-current vehicle ignition switch that is more reliable and less costly, as compared to current GM ignition switches. With a projected future cost savings of $19 million, this new vehicle ignition switch is a common engineering solution, meaning it can be applied to all future vehicle applications. The switch was first applied on the 2003 Saturn Ion. The discrete logic low-current ignition switch team includes Tom M. Forest, Fred Huntzicker, Michael J. Kachman, David T. Proefke, and Thomas E. Utter, all of GM Product Development, in Warren, MI; and Kerfegar K. Katrak, of GM Powertrain, in Warren, MI.

GM gave itself the Kettering Award for that ignition switch.

Nobody say nuffin !
    Last edited by Citation84; 09-13-2019 at 02:51 PM.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,753 Times in 4,673 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Quote Originally Posted by Citation84 View Post
    So, no more giving themselves awards, then ?

GM Honors Top Innovators of 2002
    SaturnFans.com • March 26, 2003
    General Motors honored its top 44 innovators of 2002 at the 27th annual "Boss" Kettering Awards ceremony yesterday. The "Boss" Kettering Award is GM's highest award for recognizing technical inventions and innovations. Its purpose is to recognize individuals who have developed outstanding inventions and innovations that have had identifiable and substantial benefit to General Motors during 2002. Recognition of these accomplishments is intended to spur innovation and technology development.

Discrete Logic Low-Current Ignition Switch

The discrete logic low-current ignition switch is a new, low-current vehicle ignition switch that is more reliable and less costly, as compared to current GM ignition switches. With a projected future cost savings of $19 million, this new vehicle ignition switch is a common engineering solution, meaning it can be applied to all future vehicle applications. The switch was first applied on the 2003 Saturn Ion. The discrete logic low-current ignition switch team includes Tom M. Forest, Fred Huntzicker, Michael J. Kachman, David T. Proefke, and Thomas E. Utter, all of GM Product Development, in Warren, MI; and Kerfegar K. Katrak, of GM Powertrain, in Warren, MI.

GM gave itself the Kettering Award for that ignition switch.

Nobody say nuffin !
    Hope corporate GM's shoulder doesn't hurt too much, with all that back-slapping they're doing. That can hurt after a while.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,749 Times in 2,430 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

WOW......what a puff piece....GM KILLS 120+ people and pays a $900 million dollar fine.....states the EMPLOYEES need to SPEAK UP in the future......so none of the executives at GM knew about the ignition switch FAILURE????

Now VW goes and cheats on it's emmission systems and EXECUTIVES are in JAIL and VW is paying BILLIONS in fines across the globe....Guess by NOT killing anyone they are being held to a HIGHER STANDARD then GM?
    Tell everyone that they should go be tattletales or such huh? Although I do think if there are legit issues they need brought up not brushed under the rug. I tend to think that the old GM is still very much alive in some aspects of the corporation and that this is exactly what the commentor is referring to, because to me it is a spin or fluff piece story put out by GM as further damage control.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information