GM October 2010 sales: Up 3.5%

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GM October 2010 sales: Up 3.5%

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

GM October 2010 sales: Up 3.5%

Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac October Total and Retail Sales Increase 13 Percent
    GM Media

• GM crossover sales rise 36 percent during month, are up 64 percent year-to-date
    • GM full-size pickup sales increase 9 percent; are up 16 percent year-to-date
    • Each of GM’s four brands increased total and retail sales for the month

DETROIT – Driven by strong demand for their popular crossovers, and full-size pickup trucks, October combined sales for Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac increased 13 percent compared to October 2009 to 183,392 units.

Combined retail sales for the brands increased 13 percent compared to a year earlier and were 8 percent higher compared to September.

“Our October results show that our focused plan is working, as our four brands continue to grow,” said Don Johnson, vice president, U.S. sales operations. “Our sales are up more than double the industry’s increase through October, and we’ve gained almost two points of market share.” Year-to-date sales for GM’s four brands have increased 22 percent through October, while the industry has increased approximately 10 percent.

During the month, sales of GM’s newest and most popular crossovers – Chevrolet Equinox, GMC Terrain and Cadillac SRX – increased 58 percent compared to October last year. GM’s mid-sized crossovers – Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia and Chevrolet Traverse – had sales that were 16 percent higher versus last year. Combined, GM’s crossovers improved 36 percent during the month, and are up 64 percent year to date.

Total sales of the Chevrolet Avalanche, Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra full-size pickups increased 9 percent for the month. The recently launched Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra heavy duty pickup trucks increased 27 percent compared to September. Deliveries of the Buick LaCrosse and Cadillac CTS also continued to rise, up 37 percent and 45 percent over last October respectively.

According to Johnson, the company is making the transition to new model year (2011) vehicles more rapidly than the industry, and expects to gain retail market share in October, compared to September. “Of our October sales, 76 percent were new (2011) model year vehicles,” Johnson said. “This puts us in good position to continue growing, while moderating our use of incentives.”

Dealer stock at the end of the month included 85 percent new model vehicles, compared to just 49 percent last year.

Month-end dealer inventory in the U.S. stood at about 515,000 units, which is about 37,000 units higher compared to September, and about 72,000 higher than October 2009.

October Key Facts and Brand Results:

• Calendar-year-to-date total sales for GM’s four brands are up 22 percent
    • Calendar-year-to-date retail sales for GM’s four brands are up 15 percent
    • Year-to-date through October, GM’s four brands have sold 85,737 more units than were sold with eight brands through October 2009.
    • Chevrolet: Chevrolet delivered 124,294 total vehicles in October, a 7 percent increase year-overyear. Year-to-date total Chevrolet sales are up 17 percent. Retail sales for Chevrolet rose 7 percent on the strength of Silverado and Equinox retail sales, which were up 3 and 54 percent respectively, and on rising Cruze deliveries.
    • Buick: Buick, the fastest growing major automotive brand in the United States, reported 12,569 total sales, a 39 percent increase compared to a year ago. This includes a 36 percent rise in year-over-year retail sales – the 13th consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains for the brand. Total Buick sales are up 55 percent for the calendar year to date.
    • GMC: GMC reported total sales of 33,136, a 30 percent increase, compared to the same month last year. This marks the 13th consecutive month of year-over-year sales increases, spurred by the best month of the year for the Sierra and retail demand for its crossover SUVs Terrain and Acadia, which rose 75 and 65 percent compared to last year, respectively. For the year, GMC total sales are up 28 percent.
    • Cadillac: Total sales of 13,393 for October were 15 percent higher than last October, with retail sales increasing 41 percent. SRX retail sales were up 56 percent, compared to a year ago, and CTS retail sales increased 70 percent. The all-new 2011 CTS Coupe had another great month, up 28 percent, compared to September. With total sales up 40 percent for the year, the brand remains the fastest-growing luxury auto brand in the industry.
    • Fleet sales for GM’s four brands were 43,816 for the month.

Last edited by Titanic; 11-03-2010 at 10:00 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,548 Times in 1,355 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'07 Ford F-150

Re: GM October 2010 sales: Up 3.5%

5,048 Cruzes sold this month.
    I love how there was one person who bought a super old Envoy this month.
    Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
    2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 flatblackstrat's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Kawasaki Er-4n

Quote Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
    I think the new Sonata is taking the wind out of the Cruze's sales. I mean the Sonata seams like it's selling better than most other cars out there, and they're not even in the same segment but when you start opting for little niceties and you deck both cars out they are relatively the same price.

Wait until the new Elantra gets here, it will be like a Congo gang rape on the Cruze's sales.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by t-rex Hidden Content
    Oh come on. Don't tell me you don't dress missus sol (solwoman?) up as Wonder Woman, build a twin towers out of mashed potatoes in the kitchen, have the kids fly remote control miniature jets (while dressed in Arab garb) into them while you do your best Will Smith impersonation from "Independence Day" ??
    11 Kawasaki Er-4n
    09 Mercedes C200
    07 Dodge Nitro RT
    06 Mercedes B170
    05 Dodge Stratus SXT
    03 Tiburon GT 6SPD
    96 Dodge Avenger ES
    91 Pontiac Grand Prix STE

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 BrickTamland's Avatar
    Thanks

That pales in comparison to the 2 Trailblazers sold...
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Current: Galaxy Gray 2007 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring
    Former: Super Black 2003 Nissan Maxima SE
    Brilliant Blue Metallic 1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD

Thanks

Or the 7 people that bought XLRs and 2 that bought TrailBlazers...both canned in the middle of the '09 model year.
    Peace,

Autoplaybook

Hidden Content

Wouldn't You Really Rather Have A Buick?

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

When did the Cruze hit the road, was it even out a full month? 5000 seems like an okay start to me, it should have no problem filling the shoes of the old Cobalt with higher transaction prices, lower fleet sales, and lower incentives.
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

Hidden Content

K-1
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Traverse Black Granite

18,000 Cruzes produced, 5,000 sold. 21,000 Malibus produced, 12,000 sold. Hmm...

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

Better than predicted by autoobserver.

Regal needs a boost and Camaro sales were WAY down last month.

Theta sales look great and CTS is doing well.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 neshapop's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Honda Civic Touring

Regal is still flat rate around 1600-1700 per month. Nothing to brag about.

Cruze is up to a good start, nice to see. CTS is keeping sales momentum, LaCrosse is really rocking.

Thanks
    My Ride
    16 Sierra Dbl Cab Cardinal Red

Numbers look good except, what the heck happened to the Camaro? 5k units? I sure hope that it hasn't hit a wall. I still don't understand how CAMI is at 100% + Capacity when they are only producing 200k units a year (based on the trend). Isn't plant capacity usually 300k+?

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Fleet sales were 24% of the total for the core brands.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 734 Posts
    My Ride
    Terrain Denali 2016, Black

Even the tired old Impala slightly outsold Malibu. Mostly fleet, I'm sure.

Camaro took a beating.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
    18,000 Cruzes produced, 5,000 sold. 21,000 Malibus produced, 12,000 sold. Hmm...
    Until there is adequate dealer supply you arent going to see a lot of Cruze sales. People want to see selection when they go to a dealer. 3 or 4 Cruze's at each dealer isnt going to lead to a lot of sales. I see dealer ads that mention having 30 or 40 Camrys in stock- that is essential if you want to close deals and prevent buyers from going elsewhere.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 neshapop's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Honda Civic Touring

Quote Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
    Malibu still has quite inventory from 2010 while Cruse is still in transit, I guess.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neshapop View Post
    Regal is still flat rate around 1600-1700 per month. Nothing to brag about.

Cruze is up to a good start, nice to see. CTS is keeping sales momentum, LaCrosse is really rocking.
    They are advertising for Regal so I dont know why its doing so poorly early. I guess the turbo really is key to sales success. They have to be disappointed with the correletion between ad spending and sales on this model because I have seen many commercials and tons of internet banner ads.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information