GM Goes After FCA In The Courtroom, And Now, The Showroom

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GM Goes After FCA In The Courtroom, And Now, The Showroom

News Contributor Premium Member Perian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,329 Times in 1,187 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 Jaguar F-Type (Manual)

GM Goes After FCA In The Courtroom, And Now, The Showroom

Cars.com
    August 12, 2020

GM Targeting FCA Owners With Discounts In August
    By Alex Bernstein
    Senior Pricing Analyst - August 12, 2020

GM is offering FCA owners an added incentive to switch brands in the month of August. Since the new offer can be combined with some of the automaker's best deals, consumers may find the weeks leading up to Labor Day to be a good time to buy.

Dealer incentive bulletins reveal the program started last Friday and involves an extra $750 off when buying and $250 when leasing. In Chevy's case, our analysis finds that the incentive can be stacked with offers worth up to 15% off select models.

To qualify, you'll have to show proof that you or someone in your household owns a 2006 or newer Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or RAM vehicle (2015 or newer if leasing). There's no trade-in requirement and the offer is good through August 31.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride

Re: GM Goes After FCA In The Courtroom, And Now, The Showroom

The article points out this is the time to purchase a GMC Terrain Denali.

The Terrain offers up to $7,360 off MSRP on loaded Denali trims after an Employee Pricing offer and a $4,000 cash incentive. With the additional $750, that's over $8,100 in potential savings.
    Anyone here think the Terrain Denali may be just a tad bit overpriced in the mid $40s?

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Perian For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (08-14-2020),BlackGTP (08-13-2020),gkr778 (08-14-2020),Mr.Buttons (08-13-2020),Neanderthal (08-13-2020),sdotjeezy (08-13-2020),StarCruiser (08-13-2020),Stéphane Dumas (08-13-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,923 Times in 4,833 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by Perian View Post
    The article points out this is the time to purchase a GMC Terrain Denali.

Anyone here think the Terrain Denali may be just a tad bit overpriced in the mid $40s?
    Yes, seems a little overpriced. bit $8k off more than compensates. Were I in the market I'd be running out to buy one right now! My wife drives a Jeep Grand Cherokee and is looking to replace it, one of the vehicles in contention is the XT4, I was disappointed to see this deal is only for select vehicles, none of which are Cadillac's.

Either way, quite a slap across the face of FCA!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (08-14-2020),Neanderthal (08-13-2020)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 1,476 Posts

Only place where this'll possibly work is with Ram and maybe the lower Jeeps. "Oh man my Charger is getting up there in age, I guess ill go ahead and trade it in on a Malibu" or "Man, im going to replace my Wrangler with an Acadia" said no one.

Like I said earlier...this move reeks of pettiness, sore losership, and desperation. GM needs to get their product up, plain and simple.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

gkr778 (08-14-2020),Mr.Buttons (08-13-2020),Myron 65 (08-13-2020),richmond2000 (08-14-2020),ryannel2003 (08-14-2020)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,001 Times in 4,804 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Yes, seems a little overpriced. bit $8k off more than compensates. Were I in the market I'd be running out to buy one right now! My wife drives a Jeep Grand Cherokee and is looking to replace it, one of the vehicles in contention is the XT4, I was disappointed to see this deal is only for select vehicles, none of which are Cadillac's.

I remember long long ago in a land far far away, when "rebates" first bubbled up. A couple of my aunts were talking about it. Laughing. "So they raise the price $1000 and then offer you a $1000 rebate? How stupid is that?"

Apparently stupid enough to fool many peasants. Joe Namath, Tom Selleck, front and center please! "FREE FREE FREE!!!" "Don't worry, we're not here to take your house away from you! You can trust me on that."
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    I remember long long ago in a land far far away, when "rebates" first bubbled up. A couple of my aunts were talking about it. Laughing. "So they raise the price $1000 and then offer you a $1000 rebate? How stupid is that?"
    Funny, but it was Chrysler that started this mess...BUY A CAR, GET A CHECK!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perian For This Useful Post:

richmond2000 (08-14-2020)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Ambalanche's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 636 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Sonoma Red GMC Sierra SLT

Yep, good ole Lee Iaccoca! I remember it well! It worked too!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ambalanche For This Useful Post:

Greg Burr (08-13-2020)

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Ambalanche View Post
    Yep, good ole Lee Iaccoca! I remember it well! It worked too!
    It works because there's a sucker born every minute.

2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (08-14-2020),gkr778 (08-14-2020),Mr.Buttons (08-13-2020),Stéphane Dumas (08-15-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,923 Times in 4,833 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Apparently stupid enough to fool many peasants. Joe Namath, Tom Selleck, front and center please! "FREE FREE FREE!!!" "Don't worry, we're not here to take your house away from you! You can trust me on that."
    JC Penny learned the hard way that people like the illusion of getting a deal.

I myself prefer an honest price, I don't like constant sales and rebates because it makes it hard to know what an honest price is.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (08-14-2020),gkr778 (08-14-2020),Mr.Buttons (08-14-2020)

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

One other thing JC Penney did at that time. It separated everything by brand. That may work at upscale stores where people shop by brand but that isn't the JC Penney shopper.
    So now, rather than having all the woven shirts together, pull over knit shirts together, etc. You have to walk around to find all the nooks and crannies where they have hidden what you want to look at.
    At least it seems much more difficult to me than it used to be. Plus they severely cut back on clothes for any male over the age of 30. Regular conservative cut clothes for mature guys just can't be found at JC Penney anymore.

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,055 Times in 2,615 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

I agree about snapping up one of these. I've since grown to like the outer styling on them and some of the interior quirks like the shifter become second nature after a bit as with anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Only place where this'll possibly work is with Ram and maybe the lower Jeeps. "Oh man my Charger is getting up there in age, I guess ill go ahead and trade it in on a Malibu" or "Man, im going to replace my Wrangler with an Acadia" said no one.

Like I said earlier...this move reeks of pettiness, sore losership, and desperation. GM needs to get their product up, plain and simple.
    Whatcha mean, said no one? GM marketing and peons said so because they came up with this It maybe does reek of being pathetic and such like you say, but hey, GM thinks in their delusional minds that maybe this keeps them relevant ?sort of?

I myself prefer an honest price, I don't like constant sales and rebates because it makes it hard to know what an honest price is.
    I see your point and feel the same, but once in a while they (the mfrs.) do put out a screamin' deal by these means.

Thanks
    My Ride

JC Penny? Are they still around?
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride
    2003 Cadillac Escalade

JC Penny? Are they still around?
    Yeah, just like Chrysler though...
    2018 Chevy Tahoe
    2017 Chevy Suburban
    2003 Cadillac Escalade -- 200K miles and still rollin' (current ride)
    Past Rides:
    2014 Buick Verano (Lease)
    2011 Cadillac CTS 3.0 (Lease)
    1998 Camaro Z28 -- RIP 1/2016

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post

haha, right on jeezy. I just bought my first ever Ram 1500, was GM for 30 years. The Ram is hands down the best performing best interior out there. I didn't even drive it before I bought it, just disgusted with the other two, so figured I try a Ram. Wow! it's amazing. It rides so fricken good and I thought no way this thing will handle when I get to the mountain roads. wrong, it handles too. I really like everything about it, which I can't say for my last 10+ GM's and two fords.
    My wife and I are now all FCA expect two beater farm GM's. Grand Cherokee v8, 300 v8, charger, now ram. keep it up FCA.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisNJ For This Useful Post:

Neanderthal (08-16-2020)

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNJ View Post
    haha, right on jeezy. I just bought my first ever Ram 1500, was GM for 30 years. The Ram is hands down the best performing best interior out there. I didn't even drive it before I bought it, just disgusted with the other two, so figured I try a Ram. Wow! it's amazing. It rides so fricken good and I thought no way this thing will handle when I get to the mountain roads. wrong, it handles too. I really like everything about it, which I can't say for my last 10+ GM's and two fords.
    My wife and I are now all FCA expect two beater farm GM's. Grand Cherokee v8, 300 v8, charger, now ram. keep it up FCA.
    Coolness, Chris. Glad to hear of your + Mopar experiences.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Hidden Content

26. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information