GM "Fundamentally" in Favor of Expanding US Diesel Line-Up - Page 5

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: GM "Fundamentally" in Favor of Expanding US Diesel Line-Up

Thanks
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,093 Posts
    My Ride
    The Toyota Rat Catcher

Re: GM "Fundamentally" in Favor of Expanding US Diesel Line-Up

It may sound odd, and if it was so I would venture it was meant well, but..... lot of moves ahead of the BK, some way ahead..... and then during and then after to no surprise..... seemed to be about satisfying some other outside agenda - so that GM would be allowed to continue on - if you follow.

Could be coincidental but.... then again.....

Also.... never should we forget..... not a single GM exec in the know spoke up about the loss of the financing and leasing functions in that one critical time when it first occurred - to them and Chrysler.

Only.

That final stab and push in the back - that's what it took......

Weren't willing to speak out and speak up - to the people in a sense, directly.

Oh well.

Third time around..... a forced and unnecessary triage is bound to get ugly.

And all the troops often become frustrated for different reasons - even start to disagree amongst themselves.
    Last edited by AMERICA 123; 12-16-2012 at 10:10 PM.
    "From tech stocks to high gas prices, Goldman Sachs has engineered every major market manipulation since the Great Depression — and they're about to do it again."
    "The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money."
    "If America is circling the drain, Goldman Sachs has found a way to be that drain — " Matt Taibbi

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

GM needs a 3 liter-ish, (240 hp, 375 lb ft +/-) 4 or 6 cyl diesel for light trucks, large SUVs, and large crossovers (lambdas). 30 mpg Lambdas and Tahoes would sell as many as GM could build.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Agreed.
    When you spend millions developing the most advanced,
    innovative diesel engine on the planet,
    the only reasonable course of action is to immediately mothball it.
    It's crated up and packed somewhere between Cadillac's "Ultra" V8, Saturn's Plug-In Vue, and the Ark of the Covenant...

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,549 Times in 1,121 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

Quote Originally Posted by jckjds View Post
    GM needs a 3 liter-ish, (240 hp, 375 lb ft +/-) 4 or 6 cyl diesel for light trucks, large SUVs, and large crossovers (lambdas). 30 mpg Lambdas and Tahoes would sell as many as GM could build.
    THIS IMHO would be WAY more valuable then the dreamt after BabyDmax as the Dmax would tear up every tranny GM has for FWD based CUVS and is to big/powerful anyways VS a 3.5L inline 5 version of the 2.8 DURAmax 4 POT in the Colorado
    200/250 HP and upto 400 FT/LB TQ would be more then plenty to move 1/2 tunners and cargo vans and Lambda CUVS

Thanks

The Code 130 could be launched with a diesel version as well because gas-only versions wouldn't be ingrained in people's brains as they would be with other cars.

EDIT: Come to think of it, the Code 130 could be launched in a Nomad version as well because the large front end might go with that look. If it has the same lines in the back as the Porsche wagon concept, it might be a hit.
    Last edited by fakeout; 12-17-2012 at 08:34 PM.
    AWD wagons
    The Opel Astra and VW Scirocco need to be in North America.
    Feeling Good by David Burns

How Greece voted NO to austerity:
    Hidden Content

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

What absolutely infuriates me is that this engine preceded BMW's N63, and Audi's 4.0T with the reversed intake / exhaust " Hot V " concept. Yet BMW as well as Audi take credit for the technical innovation although they were preceded by GM in development.

America 123 I posted my response about the Escalade in haste, and I believe that the 4.5 Duramax with a close attention paid to NVH via active noise cancellation as well as MRC engine mounts would be a notable choice to the MB GL350.
    I want a car so violent that the mere thought of full throttle would cause a heart attack. That actually going wide open throttle in would result in nothing less than instant death!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

Quote Originally Posted by richmond2000 View Post
    THIS IMHO would be WAY more valuable then the dreamt after BabyDmax as the Dmax would tear up every tranny GM has for FWD based CUVS and is to big/powerful anyways VS a 3.5L inline 5 version of the 2.8 DURAmax 4 POT in the Colorado
    200/250 HP and upto 400 FT/LB TQ would be more then plenty to move 1/2 tunners and cargo vans and Lambda CUVS
    Keep in mind that most FWD transaxles including GM's are typically rated for a maximum of 350 lb ft of torque. Copious torque management , and transmission tweaks perhaps could allow for a 400 lb ft rating but that definitely will affect longevity.
    I want a car so violent that the mere thought of full throttle would cause a heart attack. That actually going wide open throttle in would result in nothing less than instant death!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,549 Times in 1,121 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    Keep in mind that most FWD transaxles including GM's are typically rated for a maximum of 350 lb ft of torque. Copious torque management , and transmission tweaks perhaps could allow for a 400 lb ft rating but that definitely will affect longevity.
    I figured FWD would be "detuned" or use the 4 POT version to stay in range on the TQ front and the 400TQ would be for trucks / Vans

11. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information