GM Estimated Inventory Numbers: 04-01-2019 - Page 3

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: GM Estimated Inventory Numbers: 04-01-2019

  1. #31
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    350
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 367 Times in 154 Posts

    Re: GM Estimated Inventory Numbers: 04-01-2019

    Isn't the ATS plagued by reliability issues? or that was an early model problem?
    I have a friend that had the CTS (new, I think a 2016) and he is sworn in blood to never touch Cadillac ever again. Got stranded on the highway multiple times to the point where he just walked into a dealership, took the loss and traded it in for a loaded Accord.

    That 2017 unsold is a good indication of the market. It will eventually sell, but still, it's odd.
    Last edited by canadian.bacon; 04-16-2019 at 09:15 AM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    ksr
    ksr is offline
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    Posts
    6,595
    Thanks
    901
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 1,311 Posts

    Re: GM Estimated Inventory Numbers: 04-01-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by canadian.bacon View Post
    Isn't the ATS plagued by reliability issues? or that was an early model problem?
    I have a friend that had the CTS (new, I think a 2016) and he is sworn in blood to never touch Cadillac ever again. Got stranded on the highway multiple times to the point where he just walked into a dealership, took the loss and traded it in for a loaded Accord.

    That 2017 unsold is a good indication of the market. It will eventually sell, but still, it's odd.
    So far so good for me, but it's only been 2500 miles. I've heard some bad things about the ATS reliability. But considering that the car I bought is in the 7th and final year of ATS production, the bugs have probably long been worked out.

    When I buy, I never really worry about what other people have experienced. I've owned a number of cars (e.g. 3rd gen Firebirds) that people would tell you to avoid like the plague and I never had any issues with them at all. I've always played the odds with car purchases. Even with cars that are supposedly really bad, the odds are that any individual example will be fine. The miracle of mass production. My family had a 1980 Citation that ran over 200,000 miles without a lick of trouble.
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

    In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

  4. #33
    6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,398
    Thanks
    484
    Thanked 827 Times in 359 Posts

    Re: GM Estimated Inventory Numbers: 04-01-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by ksr View Post
    So far so good for me, but it's only been 2500 miles. I've heard some bad things about the ATS reliability. But considering that the car I bought is in the 7th and final year of ATS production, the bugs have probably long been worked out.

    When I buy, I never really worry about what other people have experienced. I've owned a number of cars (e.g. 3rd gen Firebirds) that people would tell you to avoid like the plague and I never had any issues with them at all. I've always played the odds with car purchases. Even with cars that are supposedly really bad, the odds are that any individual example will be fine. The miracle of mass production. My family had a 1980 Citation that ran over 200,000 miles without a lick of trouble.
    I bought a new 1981 Chevrolet Citation 4-door HB with the 2.5 L engine and automatic transmission.

    The transmission and/or the valve body failed repeatedly. The rear hatch window leaked immediately after purchase. The brakes repeatedly operated poorly, especially when driving in reverse. When the a/c compressor would engage, the entire dashboard would shake and vibrate. At times, when turning left (only), the engine would stall.

    The car interior and hatch area had plenty of room, but the quality was dismal. Youíre lucky that you had no problems in over 200,000 miles (but I donít believe it).

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #34
    ksr
    ksr is offline
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    Posts
    6,595
    Thanks
    901
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 1,311 Posts

    Re: GM Estimated Inventory Numbers: 04-01-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by 1999 White C5 Coupe View Post
    I bought a new 1981 Chevrolet Citation 4-door HB with the 2.5 L engine and automatic transmission.

    The transmission and/or the valve body failed repeatedly. The rear hatch window leaked immediately after purchase. The brakes repeatedly operated poorly, especially when driving in reverse. When the a/c compressor would engage, the entire dashboard would shake and vibrate. At times, when turning left (only), the engine would stall.

    The car interior and hatch area had plenty of room, but the quality was dismal. You’re lucky that you had no problems in over 200,000 miles (but I don’t believe it).
    So I'm lying. Right.

    My Dad bought the car new in 1980. He bought new cars every year, and a year later my sister and her husband bought the car from him. They had it until 1989. I fell asleep behind the wheel of my first car ('86 Cavalier) and totaled it in 1986 and my sister lent me her Citation until I got a new car. I lived in the DC area at the time and drove this car from Pittsburgh to DC and back. It was over 180K at that point and drove just great. They liked the car a lot and it never gave them any problem. It was a V-6 hatchback.

    You can buy cars that have really bad track records and do just fine with them. I've had multiple such vehicles in my life. Maybe it's just luck. But the fact is, you could have bought something with a terrible reputation, like a 1970s Vega. They had horrible reputations and deserved it, as way too many of them had problems. But even a majority of mass-produced cars with bad track records are going to be okay. GM sold millions of Vegas and, believe it or not, a whole lot of Vega buyers didn't have issues.
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

    In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to ksr For This Useful Post:

    richmond2000 (04-16-2019)

  8. #35
    ksr
    ksr is offline
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    Posts
    6,595
    Thanks
    901
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 1,311 Posts

    Re: GM Estimated Inventory Numbers: 04-01-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by 1999 White C5 Coupe View Post
    I bought a new 1981 Chevrolet Citation 4-door HB with the 2.5 L engine and automatic transmission.

    The transmission and/or the valve body failed repeatedly. The rear hatch window leaked immediately after purchase. The brakes repeatedly operated poorly, especially when driving in reverse. When the a/c compressor would engage, the entire dashboard would shake and vibrate. At times, when turning left (only), the engine would stall.

    The car interior and hatch area had plenty of room, but the quality was dismal. You’re lucky that you had no problems in over 200,000 miles (but I don’t believe it).
    I've on my 16th car now, all domestic, 14 GM. I've never had one fail to start, strand me, or have nagging reoccurring problems. I've really had very few issues at all, and what I've needed to have repaired was mostly just due to age. When I've told people of my good experience with domestic cars, some react like you did: "I don't believe it." Bizarre.
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

    In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

  9. #36
    6.0 Liter L76 V8 gkr778's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southaven, Mississippi USA
    Posts
    2,392
    Thanks
    2,946
    Thanked 2,215 Times in 1,145 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 BMW 320i and '72 Nova

    Re: GM Estimated Inventory Numbers: 04-01-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by ksr View Post
    I've on my 16th car now, all domestic, 14 GM. I've never had one fail to start, strand me, or have nagging reoccurring problems. I've really had very few issues at all, and what I've needed to have repaired was mostly just due to age. When I've told people of my good experience with domestic cars, some react like you did: "I don't believe it." Bizarre.
    That's impressive! Such a good track record with car brands that don't have the best reputation for reliability suggests it's more than just luck.

    I'm guessing you are very proactive with automotive maintenance & repair, and that you simply take good care of your cars.
    God and guns keep us strong. That's what this country was founded on. - Lynyrd Skynyrd

  10. #37
    ksr
    ksr is offline
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    Posts
    6,595
    Thanks
    901
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 1,311 Posts

    Re: GM Estimated Inventory Numbers: 04-01-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by gkr778 View Post
    That's impressive! Such a good track record with car brands that don't have the best reputation for reliability suggests it's more than just luck.

    I'm guessing you are very proactive with automotive maintenance & repair, and that you simply take good care of your cars.
    I do regular oil changes, but outside of that I don't do anything special. When I've kept cars long enough, I'll have the transmission fluid changed. I really don't do much.

    Maybe this doesn't really make sense, but one thing that I do think has contributed to my good track record is that I like to drive. I really think cars do better when they are driven regularly and often. From 1986 when I bought my first car until 2016, I averaged 27,000 miles a year. Now that I live in SC and work from home, that's way down. I drove just over 10,000 last year. A whole lot of the mileage that I drive isn't for any purpose, it's just because I like to drive. I go out and take rides solely because I like being behind the wheel. On my own cars, I've driven about 850,000 miles and a large portion of that is just driving for the sake of driving.
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

    In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksr For This Useful Post:

    gkr778 (04-16-2019),tripowergto Jan2003 (04-16-2019)

  12. #38
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 neshapop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    5,532
    Thanks
    328
    Thanked 165 Times in 104 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 Honda Civic Touring

    Re: GM Estimated Inventory Numbers: 04-01-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Perian View Post
    Estimated 04-01-2019 Day Supply: General Motors Corporation

    Note: Estimated days selling numbers are based on March 2019 actual sales.

    Model/Units/Day Supply

    Cascada 1,010 70
    Envision 14,023 104
    LaCrosse 3,005 90
    Regal 7,025 145
    Enclave 14,966 81
    Encore 40,977 110
    Total Buick 81,006 105

    ATS 989 160
    CT6 2,015 60
    CTS 3,022 87
    Escalade 11,040 123
    XT4 12,003 115
    XT5 19,958 100
    XTS 3,000 85
    Total Cadillac 52,027 104

    General Motors Total 836,126 83

    .
    With Buick Regal and Caddy ATS pushing 5-6 months selling days "targets" it seems to me that GM really "nailed it" with those two models.

    I really don't see why on Earth would anybody with quite good and reliable old Regals (2011-2017) bother replacing them with new models. It missed the mark on many levels and got more expensive. Caddy ATS is just an answer to BMW 3 Series old models, the world moved on but GM leadership did not get a memo.

  13. #39
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Winterpeg
    Posts
    8,691
    Thanks
    9,845
    Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,203 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

    Re: GM Estimated Inventory Numbers: 04-01-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by gkr778 View Post
    That cash may not be enough. The 2017 ATS still available for sale as a new vehicle at Randy Marion Cadillac has over $8,700 in price concessions, but hasn't found a buyer yet.
    might be a "bad ordering package"
    there is a 2017 king ranch f150 one of the dealers has on its lot and it was ordered with a "600A" NOT the WAY more popular 601A pack that includes the BLIS and radar "safety nannies" NICE truck BUT the people that CAN afford it WANT the safety features and the ONES that DO NOT want the features are NOT willing to pay for it
    it is NOW within 5K of my friends 2019 XLT

  14. #40
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    350
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 367 Times in 154 Posts

    Re: GM Estimated Inventory Numbers: 04-01-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by richmond2000 View Post
    might be a "bad ordering package"
    there is a 2017 king ranch f150 one of the dealers has on its lot and it was ordered with a "600A" NOT the WAY more popular 601A pack that includes the BLIS and radar "safety nannies" NICE truck BUT the people that CAN afford it WANT the safety features and the ONES that DO NOT want the features are NOT willing to pay for it
    it is NOW within 5K of my friends 2019 XLT
    I heard that some of these models are assigned from the factory, but also the dealers have a lot to say into what models they can order. Have you noticed how you always know more about the car/truck you wanna buy than the seller monkey? Who do you think pays any attention when ordering so many at the dealer? They don't care. I usually go for the most base or custom order. There were cases where I did find on the lot exactly what I was looking for, but others, like mentioned above, it was a deal breaker for me with options I did not want or was willing to pay for.

  15. #41
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    688
    Thanks
    474
    Thanked 401 Times in 241 Posts
    My Ride
    CTS-Vagon/11/BD Vette/16/blk

    Re: GM Estimated Inventory Numbers: 04-01-2019

    Quote Originally Posted by ksr View Post
    I've on my 16th car now, all domestic, 14 GM. I've never had one fail to start, strand me, or have nagging reoccurring problems. I've really had very few issues at all, and what I've needed to have repaired was mostly just due to age. When I've told people of my good experience with domestic cars, some react like you did: "I don't believe it." Bizarre.
    I've had pretty good luck too. One battery fail needed a tow guy to give me a jump. Otherwise, never stranded. Until recently I kept my cars 8+ years. My TBird S/C was 13 when I sold it. I do oil changes as required and keep an ear out for weird new sounds. In fact, I was surprised by the battery failure. Usually I catch a slightly different start sound before they fail.

    I have seen the other end of the spectrum though. A friend of mine dropped by one day and I just noticed her front tires were absolutely bald. I told her she needs to go to a tire dealer immediately. I suspect she was just as forgetful about oil changes etc. I know she needed an engine rebuilt once.

  16. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-14-2018, 07:19 AM
  2. As GM Cuts Back Incentives; Inventory Rises; Japanese Numbers Down
    By Perian in forum Automotive Industry & GM News
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 01:49 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 10:50 PM
  4. GM Inventory Report: 03/01/06
    By Perian in forum Automotive Industry & GM News
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-15-2006, 09:57 PM
  5. Estimated production numbers for all 2006 SS models...?
    By boss2000 in forum Chevrolet Car Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-23-2005, 12:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2