GM Inside News Forum banner

GM Announces Ultifi Customer Experience Platform for Electric Vehicles

5K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  WishIhadatruck 
#1 ·
GM Announces Ultifi Customer Experience Platform for Electric Vehicles
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/gm-announces-ultifi-customer-experience-platform-for-electric-vehicles-152017.html

Mircea Panait
November 24, 2020

Better late than never, General Motors will launch 30 electric vehicles by 2025. Cadillac is expected to be an electric-only brand by then, and in preparation for this change, the biggest of the Big Three in Detroit has introduced Ultifi.

“Wait, doesn’t that sound particularly similar to Ultium battery and electric-drive tech?” The coincidence is intentional, dear reader, and the purpose of Ultifi is to “reimagine the customer experience in pursuit of EV leadership.”

Presented during the Barclays Global Automotive Conference, the customer experience platform gives EV owners a digital identification number and related profile connected to their vehicles. The platform includes an undisclosed number of cloud services, an expanded portfolio of over-the-air software updates, a “frictionless EV ecosystem,” and a simplified buying experience via a smartphone app.

“With the customer at the center of our growth strategy, our priorities are simplicity and efficiency with unprecedented convenience and flexibility,” said Travis Hester, the newly appointed head honcho of EVs at General Motors. “We will use EVs as an opportunity to improve our industry’s use of e-commerce and digital retail.”

More at link

See less See more
#8 ·
Ha! I'm not exactly clear on what this does for me either. I do wonder if part of it is you'll be able to take your profile from car to car - things like radio favorites - they were talking about the cloud that makes me think that...

And I wonder if they'll give you options to buy upgrades to your car.

#23 ·
That's what I was thinking, this is going to be a subscription. I hate subscriptions and everyone now wants me to have one for nearly every service under the sun. Even HP was trying to get me on an ink subscription. Crazy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.