GM Announces CV19 Incentive; Online Buying Program Shines

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GM Announces CV19 Incentive; Online Buying Program Shines

News Contributor Premium Member Perian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,136 Times in 1,131 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 Jaguar F-Type (Manual)

GM Announces CV19 Incentive; Online Buying Program Shines

Car & Driver magazine
    March 16, 2020

Buy online, take delivery at home.

Introducing Shop. Click. Drive. — a simple, innovative way to shop for a Chevrolet vehicle online. This easy-to-use tool can help you find the perfect vehicle, pick your trim and accessories, select extended warranties and schedule delivery. You can even estimate your trade-in value and monthly payments, find the latest incentives, and apply for credit — right on a participating dealer’s website. When you’re done, your vehicle will be prepped and delivered to your dealer or your home, where available,† at your convenience.
    Shop. Click. Drive. makes purchasing your next Chevy simple.

It’s convenient.

Available 24/7
    Shop at your own pace
    Shop from home
    Watch informative videos

It saves time.
    All the information you need in one place
    Schedule a convenient time for pick up
    Review checklist of items needed at delivery
    Saves time at the dealer

There are no surprises.
    Access costs, fees and pricing
    No obligation until you sign
    Estimate your trade-in
    Estimate your payment
    The spread of COVID-19 has very quickly disrupted daily life and General Motors is looking to cushion the blow, both for current owners and prospective buyers. The automaker has rolled out zero-interest loans for up to 84 months for customers in top credit tiers. GM said it will also work with current owners feeling financial effects of the pandemic, and one of the options will be delaying payments, a GM spokesperson told C/D. The program covers all GM brands.

For prospective buyers, the first payment on a new loan can be deferred for up to 120 days. GM will also work with dealers to get them to utilize the automaker's online car purchasing tool, which will allow customers to buy and take delivery of a vehicle at home. For current owners, GM is making several subscription-based services available including in-car Wi-Fi—up to three gigabytes—as well as OnStar Crisis Assist, a service that connects drivers to first responders.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

News Contributor Premium Member Perian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,136 Times in 1,131 Posts
    My Ride
    2017 Jaguar F-Type (Manual)

Re: BREAKING: GM Announces CV19 Incentive; Online Buying Program Shines

Famous GM Marketing Tagline from Mid-September, 2001: "Keep America Moving."

How true. Stay safe everyone!

Autoweek: 09-03-2002

Two days after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, General Motors executives Roger Adams and Paul Ballew were leaving a meeting when Adams grabbed Ballew's arm.
    "We've gotta do this," Adams told Ballew. "We've gotta do this."

Adams, Buick's boss, was pressing Ballew for an aggressive incentives campaign called "Let's Get America Moving." Ballew, a former Federal Reserve economist, crunches the numbers for GM's incentive programs.

GM was under enormous pressure in the wake of the attacks on New York and the Pentagon. Auto sales screeched to a halt as the American public tried to fathom the tragedy.

GM was the world's largest automaker, and actions would set the tone for the industry - and much of the United States' economy.

But could GM - overly cautious and bureaucratic - lead?

In an intense 10-day stretch, GM created an incentive program with a title much like the one Adams suggested: "Keep America Rolling." Its centerpiece, 0 percent auto loans, connected instantly with the public's need for confidence in the future. And it stimulated auto sales to an astonishing degree.

Industry light-vehicle sales shot up. GM estimates that the program added about 1 million total U.S. sales by year end.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perian For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (03-16-2020),eklauss (03-20-2020),jzchev28 (03-17-2020),rockyspaw (03-18-2020)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    Thanks for posting. S**t really going to start hitting the fan. Recession will be brutal to auto sales, looks like they are trying to get ahead of it to some extent.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sneakers For This Useful Post:

Pisswilly (03-19-2020),richmond2000 (03-17-2020)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 9,099 Times in 4,449 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Hopefully if there is enough temporary relief from mortgages and car loans it can help keep the economy from going into a tailspin if this goes on to long.

Walking
    Thanks

I think we'll rebound as quickly as we fell off the cliff on this media fueled nonsense (unless your over 70 years old, then shelter in place). So my prediction is this will be short lived, the consequences from years of cheap money, now that is going to be ugly. This is a teaser for when the plug decides to cut off the drug supply (cheap cash). There will be some real buying opportunities so now would be a good time to have saved a $100k + in cash.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jbawden For This Useful Post:

Citation84 (03-20-2020),CJH (03-17-2020),eklauss (03-20-2020),gkr778 (03-17-2020),The Handler (03-17-2020)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbawden View Post
    I think we'll rebound as quickly as we fell off the cliff on this media fueled nonsense (unless your over 70 years old, then shelter in place). So my prediction is this will be short lived, the consequences from years of cheap money, now that is going to be ugly. This is a teaser for when the plug decides to cut off the drug supply (cheap cash). There will be some real buying opportunities so now would be a good time to have saved a $100k + in cash.
    The US dollar will be worthless after this is all done. Stock market will be finished, get ready for a one world currency! If you have cash spend it now......

Just my predictions. This is not going away anytime soon sadly.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,287 Times in 1,183 Posts

I like it...it says "Hey I know it's a pandemic and all, the market is taking a dump, and you have to homeschool your kid while simultaneously working from home, but hey now is a great time to buy a new car! We can handle all of the paperwork for you, screw you over on your trade and we'll even come to your home wearing rubber gloves to deliver your new car and to pickup our new moneymaker that we're going to turn around and sell for 20% more than what we gave you for it" sound about right?
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (03-20-2020),Citation84 (03-20-2020)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,457 Times in 3,605 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    The US dollar will be worthless after this is all done. Stock market will be finished, get ready for a one world currency! If you have cash spend it now......

Change your name to Prophet Chaos that never came.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mbukukanyau For This Useful Post:

CJH (03-17-2020),criticalmass (03-17-2020),eastcoasthd (03-18-2020),eklauss (03-20-2020),richmond2000 (03-17-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,099 Times in 4,449 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

You are joking, right?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

CJH (03-17-2020)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2020 Camaro/Now on hold. :(

Get back to me when you sweeten the deal with 20% off MSRP. I'll pull the trigger.
    It sounded pretty good until I actually said it.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IROCNROL1 For This Useful Post:

eastcoasthd (03-18-2020),jzchev28 (03-17-2020),ksss (03-17-2020),Mr.Buttons (03-18-2020),Neanderthal (03-17-2020),Pisswilly (03-19-2020)

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,204 Times in 729 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 F150 XLT FX4 Crew Magma

That's not what the Wheelers are thinking, Gold is taking a Hit also. If you have Cash, turn it into Toilet Paper, seems to be the only thing Sky Rocketing

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    I like it...it says "Hey I know it's a pandemic and all, the market is taking a dump, and you have to homeschool your kid while simultaneously working from home, but hey now is a great time to buy a new car! We can handle all of the paperwork for you, screw you over on your trade and we'll even come to your home wearing rubber gloves to deliver your new car and to pickup our new moneymaker that we're going to turn around and sell for 20% more than what we gave you for it" sound about right?
    I couldn't have said it better. Especially the "screw you over your trade part".

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    CTS-Vagon/11/BD/VetGS/19/white

I would not argue it is bad and going to get worse. But somehow when I compare this to things either at the very beginnings of my lifetime or prior to, it is just bad. I mean would you say this is worse than polio?, WWII?, Spanish flu?, WWI, black plague? And yet somehow humanity survived. And in everything except black plague, which the US did not exist, the US came out ok.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Vagon11 For This Useful Post:

eklauss (03-20-2020)

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    CTS-Vagon/11/BD/VetGS/19/white

Quote Originally Posted by InCogKneeToe View Post
    That's not what the Wheelers are thinking, Gold is taking a Hit also. If you have Cash, turn it into Toilet Paper, seems to be the only thing Sky Rocketing
    Steel rebar is doing well in the futures market in China.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,878 Times in 1,331 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    I like it...it says "Hey I know it's a pandemic and all, the market is taking a dump, and you have to homeschool your kid while simultaneously working from home, but hey now is a great time to buy a new car! We can handle all of the paperwork for you, screw you over on your trade and we'll even come to your home wearing rubber gloves to deliver your new car and to pick up our new moneymaker that we're going to turn around and sell for 20% more than what we gave you for it" sound about right?
    if your trade is a HIGH percentage of the NEW car then yes you will still get the "hose treatment"
    but if your trade is a LOW percentage and you're financing you will likely make out like bandits with BOTH super low rate financing AND BIG discounts once the economic toll kicks in
    I wish the Branco was going on sale THIS summer but maybe a Gladiator Diesel is in the cards (-:

26. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information