GM Inside News Forum banner

Federal Oversight of the UAW a Possibilty

804 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  1999 White C5 Coupe 
#1 ·
#3 ·
UAW and The Three both need adult supervision. Bennies have gotten out of control, they both act like they're government bodies. Remember what "a government job" means in slang. The golden healthcare bennies, overpayment per skill level and output, executive pay and bennies out the wazoo, they all act like they're government agencies with a guaranteed 3% budget increase plus plus. In federal parlance, a "budget cut" is any increase less than three percent.

So are there federal grown-ups capable of bringing some measure of sanity, honesty, and reality to this situation? Get yer popcorn, get it now!

Reactions: eklauss
#4 ·
"When the UAW goes on strike and the workers are making — I think it was $275 per week... And what does the leadership get? Bottles of booze worth $1,300. Lavish steak dinners. They are literally using the workers' money to live so high on the hog," Schneider said. "The leadership is stealing their money. That's unconscionable."

This article is truly damning in many aspects.

#7 ·
Sadly this is what so often happens when they can't control or police themselves and then end up with a situation like the UAW is in right now. The &@%# Gov't thinks it needs to step in and take over to "fix" the situation. Things only go from bad to worse in most all of these situations. The Gov't intervening is not the solution.

#10 ·
While I agree with you, the line of thought led me to ask "who would I feel comfortable with to oversee the union" and I can't come up with an answer. The only thing I can think of is you need someone with a reputation from an honest company to step in. Maybe a retired CEO of a huge company. But they'd literally need to clean shop and get rid of just about the entire UAW management structure.

#13 ·
That would be a good start. I second the motion. Do we have a HEAR HEAR!! ?

I'd stick a stone cold IRS Auditor in there and let him and his team drain the swamp.
I have a funny feeling that would trigger a new bunch of premature retirements. Don't ask me why.

Reactions: CJH
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.