Customers @ GM Design, Info Tweets Abound!
Consumers are touring GM Design today and seeing nearly all future product....sigh.
August 10, 2009
By: Nick Saporito
In a rather secretive fashion, General Motors apparently invited several (a lot?) of regular consumers to the GM Design Dome today to view a ton of GM's future products. Jealous yet? So are we. I've been following some of them on Twitter all morning and am going to relay the main points of the visit. For starters, the Tweets coming out of GM Design today are QUITE informative. Read on below for a punchline of what is being relayed out of GM Design on Twitter.
* GM is considering a CTS-V SportWagon. If approved, it could be out next year. The CTS-V is a go, will for-sure be out when the Coupe arrives next year.
* Cadillac is getting an entire line of vehicles to compete in the 3-Series size segment. The 3-Series sized coupe is going to be 8" smaller than CTS Coupe. Coupe and sedan models will be out on Alpha platform. Concept name is ATS!
* The full-size Cadillac is confirmed as being called the XTS, at least as a concept it is. The tweets are calling it a "beautiful" car. No word on FWD or RWD. We assume FWD.
* Chevrolet Orlando confirmed for production. Will seat up to 7!
* Chevrolet Spark will have 40+ MPG.
* New Aveo is impressive with large grille and "assertive" design.
* Several tweets have called the next-generation Malibu "hot." Interior looks "way better."
* New Buick midsize sedan (Regal?) coming next year.
* Lutz almost confirmed Cadillac Converj production. !!!
Check back for updates! The tour is still in progress!