Baojun RC-6 Sedan-Coupe-Crossover For China

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baojun RC-6 Sedan-Coupe-Crossover For China

GMI Staff Member Premium Member nadepalma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 900 Posts
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

Baojun RC-6 Sedan-Coupe-Crossover For China

This Is The New Baojun RC-6 Sedan-Coupe-Crossover For China
    Joey Wang
    Posted on June 23, 2019
    carnewschina.com

This Is The New Baojun RC-6 Sedan-Coupe-Crossover for China, looking stylish and cool. Baojun is a brand under Wuling, which in turn is a joint venture between SAIC, GM, and Wuling Motor.

The Baojun brand has been on a roll lately, showing great looking cars with impressive tech.

They continue this upward trend with this Baojun RC-6 Sedan-Coupe-Crossover, formerly know by its codename CN220C. It looks great, different, and even a bit strange. But that is a good thing.

CONTINUE AT LINK ABOVE

Image credited to, and courtesy of, carnewschina.com
    "La vita è come un albero di Natale..c'è sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member nadepalma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 900 Posts
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

Re: Baojun RC-6 Sedan-Coupe-Crossover For China

Not bad looking and interesting to see GM/Baojun move in this direction, further blurring the lines between sedans and crossovers (just as crossovers blurred the line between SUVs/MPVs/minivans/wagons previously).

It also might possibly hint at something coming down the line; and not just for GM, but all automakers.

Products like the Honda Crosstour and Acura ZDX attempted to go in this direction, but were arguably half-baked, not convincing enough, and debuted too early before the strong shift to SUVs/CUVs.

Since their demise, Ford has stated that it hopes to retain established names like Fusion and apply them to new and "reinvented" product segments down the line. When they announced their plan to cut all passenger car production (with the exception of the Mustang, and possibly some Lincoln sedans), they made a big point that they were going to possibly experiment in creating whole new segments.

This Baojun kind of hints at the same possibility within GM, and it might have implications for the NAFTA region.

One can only surmise that, as CUVs/SUVs become so ubiquitous and common, people will get 'bored' with them and look to new products that might combine some elements of other segments.

If that happens, perhaps GM could be a 'first' in this white space with a version of this product for North America?

It would be nice for GM to actually be a trend-setter rather than coming to a segment late (and having to play catch up, only to see consumer trends move onto the next 'big thing').
    Last edited by nadepalma; 06-25-2019 at 11:43 AM.
    "La vita è come un albero di Natale..c'è sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nadepalma View Post
    Not bad looking and interesting to see GM/Baojun move in this direction, further blurring the lines between sedans and crossovers (just as crossovers blurred the line between SUVs/MPVs/minivans/wagons previously).

It also might possibly hint at something coming down the line; and not just for GM, but all automakers.

Products like the Honda Crosstour and Acura ZDX attempted to go in this direction, but were arguably half-baked, not convincing enough, and debuted too early before the strong shift to SUVs/CUVs.

Since their demise, Ford has stated that it hopes to retain established names like Fusion and apply them to new and "reinvented" product segments down the line. When they announced their plan to cut all passenger car production (with the exception of the Mustang, and possibly some Lincoln sedans), they made a big point that they were going to possibly experiment in creating whole new segments.

This Baojun kind of hints at the same possibility within GM, and it might have implications for the NAFTA region.

One can only surmise that, as CUVs/SUVs become so ubiquitous and common, people will get 'bored' with them and look to new products that might combine some elements of other segments.

If that happens, perhaps GM could be a 'first' in this white space with a version of this product for North America?

It would be nice for GM to actually be a trend-setter rather than coming to a segment late (and having to play catch up, only to see consumer trends move onto the next 'big thing').
    Buick should have a LWB C2XX version of something like this as a 2+2 Enclave-derived coupe. Using the LWB version would give the backseat passengers a crapton of room to fully recline with footrests and everything. GM needs to think outside the box and go into segments none of the other Big 3 automakers play in.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

JimmyDiablo (06-25-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (06-25-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,739 Times in 1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Buick should have a LWB C2XX version of something like this as a 2+2 Enclave-derived coupe. Using the LWB version would give the backseat passengers a crapton of room to fully recline with footrests and everything. GM needs to think outside the box and go into segments none of the other Big 3 automakers play in.
    Holy dear penthouse batman!!

Mr. Reuss, are you reading this?! That RC-6 could totally be a Buick!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyDiablo For This Useful Post:

RedSkyBlackDream (06-25-2019)

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

The return of the Roadmaster!

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,141 Times in 3,888 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

So that one car is a sedan and a coupe and a crossover? All in one? How does that happen? Someone in Chyyynnnaaaa! says it's so, so it's so? Just wondering, because it sure looks like a sedan to me.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PastorChevyGuy View Post
    The return of the Roadmaster!
    Call it whatever, but I'd buy it if it were available. I don't really need a hiPo car....already have one, and it's way outside its warranty so i can do whatever I want with it and it's current cost of ownership is damn near 0 to me. I want something stylish & comfortable where I can take the wife out for a night on the town and doesn't remind me that I have 4 brats waiting on me when I get back home.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,739 Times in 1,042 Posts

Thinking about this a bit, putting it on Omega might be a better way to go. They can serve it up 2 ways, a TTV6 version for Buick, and a Blackwing version for Cadillac.

Maybe only offer Avenir and Platinum trims fully loaded to get the highest ATPs being that it will probably be a niche lower volume product.
    Last edited by JimmyDiablo; 06-25-2019 at 01:17 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyDiablo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDiablo View Post
    Thinking about this a bit, putting it on Omega might be a better way to go. They can serve it up 2 ways, a TTV6 version for Buick, and a Blackwing version for Cadillac.

Maybe only offer Avenir and Platinum trims fully loaded to get the highest ATPs being that it will probably be a niche lower volume product.
    I would keep it on C2xx for Buick and Omega for Caddy. My thought process is to create a legit 3 tiered system at GM where Buick GMC tackle entry level lux and Cadillac moves up as a true full lux brand. Right now the line between the two.5 is blurred with overlap from Cadillac into the entry level segment
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

Call it whatever, but I'd buy it if it were available. I don't really need a hiPo car....already have one, and it's way outside its warranty so i can do whatever I want with it and it's current cost of ownership is damn near 0 to me. I want something stylish & comfortable where I can take the wife out for a night on the town and doesn't remind me that I have 4 brats waiting on me when I get back home.
    I don't know why that was so hilarious to me! Thank goodness im gay. I can return my nieces and nephews to their owners. Lol
    RedSkyBlackDream

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,818 Times in 1,843 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

It looks nice but I think it is a knock off of the current Accord.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Mr.Buttons's Avatar
    Thanks

Hellooooooo Honda Crosstour pt 2!

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Sierra Denali Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkyBlackDream View Post
    Thank goodness im gay.
    75415247.jpg

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wallus13 For This Useful Post:

Neanderthal (06-26-2019),samesun (06-26-2019)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,141 Times in 3,888 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Here ya go.

https://www.kia.com/us/en/vehicle/optima/2019

NOT made in Chyyynnnaaaa!!!
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    Here ya go.

https://www.kia.com/us/en/vehicle/optima/2019

NOT made in Chyyynnnaaaa!!!
    Gross... If I drove that to work my boss would probably offer me a raise because that'll be an obvious indicator that I'm not making enough $$$
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

big swede (06-29-2019),richmond2000 (06-29-2019)

24. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast