2020 Lincoln Aviator vs. 2020 Cadillac XT6 Comparison - Page 9

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Lincoln Aviator vs. 2020 Cadillac XT6 Comparison

Thanks
    My Ride
    2015 Sonic

Re: 2020 Lincoln Aviator vs. 2020 Cadillac XT6 Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by 1999 White C5 Coupe View Post
    Remember JDN’s sales projection for Cadillac by 2020?

https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/...2020-a-218817/

How close do you think he’ll be?
    Good question. Caddy sales in China were up in 3Q about +10% (even though GM as a whole was down) and US up about +7%, so the direction is good. Whether it hits 500K or something I don’t know.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...ck/3929650002/

http://cadillacsociety.com/2019/10/1...arter-2019-q3/
    Current ride: 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8L 5sp manual sedan
    Previous ride: 1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2L 5sp manual
    Next ride: Maybe a 2020 2.0T CT4, weekend car, keep the Sonic as DD

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,383 Times in 1,108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert1969 View Post
    Actually, it is a FACT that Ford/Lincoln fans have used the sales argument to claim a clearly inferior sports car, the Mustang is better than a clearly superior sports car in the Camaro because of sales. Therefore, Ford/Lincoln folks are obliged to accept the argument that superior sales prove a vehicle is superior.
    I've made the statement that Mustang sales suggest that it is the better Pony Car than the Camaro, never that it's the better performance car. My point is that for the vast majority of buyers the performance at the extreme is less important than the style, price, and iconic status of the Mustang. Much like the Cadillac V-spec cars, the GT will sell in resonably small numbers and performance will be unlikely to be a significant contributor to overall sales. But also like the V-spec, the GT could be the type of vehicle to raise Lincoln's unfortunate brand perception.

I cannot make a case suggesting that the Ford brand is superior to the Chevy brand and thus Mustang sales are stronger because of that. I can make the case that the Cadillac brand is held in higher regard by the general public and will make it easier to move product, even if the Lincoln is widely considered the superior luxury crossover.

None of that is to say that the public will not find the XT6 to be the better vehicle in head to head comparison and speak with their money. It's a great looking crossover from a brand people still value, it'll sell, for the same reason Lexus RX/NX crossovers sell, brand equity.
    Last edited by SP1966; 10-13-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    Whew!...I thought you were talking about that other "R" word.
    The Mustang is iconic, the Corvette is iconic, the Escalade is iconic, the F-150 is somewhat iconic, the Camaro is not. That's the price you pay for living in the shadow of the Corvette and being second to market behind the vehicle your segment is named after.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SP1966 For This Useful Post:

sdotjeezy (10-13-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    The Mustang is iconic, the Corvette is iconic, the Escalade is iconic, the F-150 is somewhat iconic, the Camaro is not. That's the price you pay for living in the shadow of the Corvette and being second to market behind the vehicle your segment is named after.
    And with the C8 now being what it is for the price that it is an the Camaro just being a mess in packaging and somewhat in pricing along without having that "iconic" status; do you think that GM will let the Camaro fade away from the landscape?.

I mean there isn't a 7th gen Camaro headed down the pipeline is there?

Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,515 Times in 2,295 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Buttons View Post
    Well color me misinformed if that is true.

Every article I read I thought had said this was his idea.
    How could that be when the ATS and CTS were introduced with premium pricing well before he arrived?

He may have only agreed with it because that was the company line, just like
    moving HQ to New York and coffee houses.....he got the blame for all of it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jpd80 For This Useful Post:

CadillacSA (10-14-2019)

ksr
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 ksr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    The Camaro doesn't have the standing of the Mustang in the culture. But to say that it is not iconic in its own right is simply not true.

Being an icon doesn't necessarily mean that you last forever. Sears was the iconic American retailer and is all but gone. The Camaro may be on the way out, but it's had a hell of a run.
    Drives a 2019 Cadillac ATS Coupe and a 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.

In the past, I've had a 5th gen Camaro, a CTS sedan and coupe, two 3rd gen Firebird Formulas, a convertible 4th gen Trans Am, a Reatta, a couple of Monte Carlos, an Avenger coupe, a couple of Cavalier hatchbacks, a Saturn SC1, and a Cherokee.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 717 Posts

Mustang is the "Kleenex" product of the segment At least Dodge did something different with their product, they've made the Challenger the wet wipe of the segment...meanwhile the Carmaro has rendered itself as just a copy of the Mustang.

I guess therin lies the problem with GM as of late, as I said a while back...coining the term "me too product" that is all GM is doing right now, just a bunch of rehashes in saturated segments, outside the C8 of course. They offer absolutely nothing over what is already there and nothing innovative. Name one feature in the XT6 that you cant get anywhere else?

Some of you here are the problem "coupes dont have 4 doors" or "x6 is fugly", since apparently GM management thinks like you they've missed out on 2 booming niche segments while you sit here and cheer about a $74,000 Acadia. More CUVs you want, then GM will be happy to oblige....they'll give us the most basic CUV if we dont raise our standards.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ksr View Post
    The Camaro doesn't have the standing of the Mustang in the culture. But to say that it is not iconic in its own right is simply not true.

Being an icon doesn't necessarily mean that you last forever. Sears was the iconic American retailer and is all but gone. The Camaro may be on the way out, but it's had a hell of a run.
    I disagree, if any F-Body was iconic it'd be the black and gold Trans Ams of the late 70's. The Camaro was a good, and sometimes great car, but outside of Chevy purists it was never on the same level as the Mustang, or Burt's Trans Am in terms of public perception.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Some of you here are the problem "coupes dont have 4 doors" \
    Technically a coupe is not defined by the number of doors, but rather by the amount of rear-seat space. Back in the early 20th century they built plenty of two door sedans, and zero four door coupes that I'm aware of, but the number of doors was irrelevant to the coupe designation. Something like a 70's Grand Prix/Monte/Thunderbird would never have been a coupe by traditional definition anymore than so many of these modern four-door fastbacks.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SP1966 For This Useful Post:

Syclone478 (10-15-2019)

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,280 Times in 546 Posts

Mustang is the "Kleenex" product of the segment At least Dodge did something different with their product, they've made the Challenger the wet wipe of the segment...meanwhile the Carmaro has rendered itself as just a copy of the Mustang.
    The Mustang wishes it were anywhere near the dynamic driving machine the Camaro is. The Camaro is a world class sports coupe. The Mustang is a parts bin special.
    I am on the border of genius and crazy. I keep trying to cross over into genius, but ICE keeps sending me back to the crazy side of the border.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert1969 For This Useful Post:

91fairladyZ (10-17-2019),Syclone478 (10-15-2019)

Thanks

The Mustang wishes it were anywhere near the dynamic driving machine the Camaro is. The Camaro is a world class sports coupe. The Mustang is a parts bin special.
    The Camaro is better at 10/10ths usage...the other 9...its a push, unnoticeable to anyone short a race car driver.

Anyway, which of these two is more likely to be around in 3 years?
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 10-14-2019 at 08:21 PM.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

Extreme4x4 (10-14-2019)

News Contributor Premium Member EJD1984's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,095 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 GMC Sierra

I recently saw a review for the Aviator on Motorweek.

I'm really impressed. I'd even consider switching-teams for it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to EJD1984 For This Useful Post:

Extreme4x4 (10-15-2019)

Thanks

XT6 review from same organization...note the lack of superlatives used in comparison to the above...almost comes off as a first drive review:

My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

XT6 review from same organization...note the lack of superlatives used in comparison to the above...almost comes off as a first drive review:

When looking at the color pictures of the XT6 and the Aviator above it, the Aviator looks much nicer to me. The Cadillac has a cheap-looking black plastic grille, and the window frames blacked-out. Just looks cheap.

Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,515 Times in 2,295 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels

GM is a great believer in factory performance where as Ford defaults to the aftermarket knowing that many buyers will want to mod their Mustangs.
    It may not be right but it's the way things are.

After driving the two, I've come to the conclusion that the Mustang is the easier of the two to live with from day to day and I suspect the Challenger would be even more so. For a lot of folks, that takes priority over pin sharp handling and road holding.
    Last edited by jpd80; 10-15-2019 at 08:34 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to jpd80 For This Useful Post:

Extreme4x4 (10-15-2019)

25. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information