Welcome to the All New GMInsidenews!

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the All New GMInsidenews!

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Premium Member Branden's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Welcome to the All New GMInsidenews!

Hi,
    I am just writing to welcome all of our members to the new GMInsidenews.com. Aside from the new graphics, the most notable change is the new forum, which is Jelsoft's vBulliten. This new software is the industry standard, and a vast upgrade over our Invision Power Board. There are many things that are just different enough to make you have to stop and think "How does this work?". All in all I find the software very intuitive.

Besides the new forum we have redone the future product guide, and engine guide with new information. Also, we have added a new Garage feature, and a spell checker on the forum for the spelling impared. There is also a new GMI Spies page that features all the exclusive spy shots GMI has had. The graphics are all new, and the site is in general much better organized. We have also added an RSS exporter that will allow other sites to import our new seamlessly.

We have also added Ford and DCX and competitors forums for enthusiasts of those brands to discuss current news. This reflects the fact that though GMI focuses on GM news, we have members who own other brands that recognize the quality of the site.

I feel like I am forgetting something, but you guys get the drift, GMI has been completely overhauled. The new site has taken alot of work on the part of the staff members of site, and I would like to greatly thank them. They are who make GMInsidenews the top new site for GM news on the web!
    Last edited by Rex Raider; 10-10-2004 at 06:28 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Looks great branden.

Thanks
    I would like to add a couple of things for everyone to look into. During the conversion, several features were disabled by default. Specifically, the use of PM's and viewing signatures, avatars and images. Please login to your User CP and then click on Edit Options. Go through each of these options to enable the features that you wish to use.

I've also noticed that not all avatars and signatures were properly converted. To those members affected, we apologize for this inconvenience.

We hope you enjoy the new changes.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 jro4566's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes! Finally it's online...it was hard keeping my mouth shut! :lol:

2007 BMW 328i. Black sapphire metallic. Terra leather. Poplar wood. Automatic trans. Xenon adaptive headlights. BMW Assist. Bluetooth. Premium package. Heated seats. iDrive navigation system. Rear sonar. Comfort access. LOGIC7 surround sound. Sirius. 18" BMW wheels. Rear spoiler.

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury. Black onyx pearl. Beige leather. 4WD. Chrome hood vents, mirror covers, exhaust. Silver grille, taillight trim. Brushed metal bumper protector. Running boards.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 giagastormer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Besides view new posts, is there some type of active threads section? On Invision I could view the active topics from today to previous weeks, anything like that now? Everything is great, well done admins.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 2,108 Posts
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

Talking

Ummmmm..... it's very.... Blue....

Thanks
    its so cool

Thanks
    still some errors in firefox. I think I like the new like, though.

Thanks
    Looks good to me.

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 iluvcamaros's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Talking

This is cool. I'm gonna be up all night lookin' at this. When is the Car platform page gonna be up? I hated missin' a day of GMI but it was worth it!
    Hidden Content

2004 Buick LeSabre Limited Celebration Edition
    2001 Buick Regal LS
    2001 Chevrolet S-10 4WD

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2017 Kia Soul Turbo/ 2018 CX-5
    I have one minor complaint about the new layout for the website. When I visit the site, the first thing I do is look on the right side for the news update section. With a laptop at 1024 resolution, the news ticker is off the side of my screen. I have to either Maximize the window or scroll to the right.

Not a big deal I know for most...just a minor inconvenience for those of us with lower resolution screens.

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by laserwizard
    There is no way this new software is an improvement. No way to find threads that I used to find with ease before. Prior bookmarks don't work. The colors are awful. The only problem with the old version was the too large graphic at the top which took forever to load even with my cable internet.

News ticker links are repeating in this version and what was once one of the finest automotive websites on the internet has suddenly become one of the worst designed.

This new look is pure garbage.

I also think that the full-sized images that are now in these threads are worthless use of bandwidth and something needs to be done to restrict their insertion in the threads. The Cadillac picture in this thread is extraneous and has no purpose.

I am using Firefox's latest browser btw.

How can you judge the new software when you have only used it for what...10 minutes. Sure, its going to take some getting use to...like every change.

As for the avatar size, that WILL be changed.

Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevy Malibu 2016 Red

Thumbs up Branden-

I like the look of the new site. For some reason I find it easier to read. I didn't know you were changing it until I just went to my Netscape bookmarks and saw that my auto login wasn't working!

I haven't checked out every feature yet, but I will. As for the guy who complained about the slow loading of the large logo with his cable, maybe he needs a new computer. I have a MAC and DSL and mine loads fast EVERY TIME with NO problem!

PS- ONE question- WHAT time zone shows the time? Mine says 1:55 AM- it's only 9:55 PM EST in CT!

OK- scratch that question. I see the answer at the bottom of the page.

Replacement question- what does WALKING mean under my screename?
    Last edited by fastdriver; 10-10-2004 at 09:00 PM.
    [B] Accept mediocrity and that's all you'll ever get.

2016 Malibu 2LZ Premier Turbo Crystal Red Tintcoat Picked up 2/29/16
    Hidden Content

2013 Buick Verano Turbo Red Tintcoat 1/31/2013-2/29/16
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks
    Looking good...

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 iluvcamaros's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride

Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by laserwizard
    There is no way this new software is an improvement. No way to find threads that I used to find with ease before. Prior bookmarks don't work. The colors are awful. The only problem with the old version was the too large graphic at the top which took forever to load even with my cable internet.

News ticker links are repeating in this version and what was once one of the finest automotive websites on the internet has suddenly become one of the worst designed.

This new look is pure garbage.

I also think that the full-sized images that are now in these threads are worthless use of bandwidth and something needs to be done to restrict their insertion in the threads. The Cadillac picture in this thread is extraneous and has no purpose.

I am using Firefox's latest browser btw.
    I can't believe he doesn't like something new, improved and associated with gm!
    Last edited by iluvcamaros; 10-10-2004 at 09:04 PM.
    Hidden Content

2004 Buick LeSabre Limited Celebration Edition
    2001 Buick Regal LS
    2001 Chevrolet S-10 4WD

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information