Just got the game tonight. I sat out GT3 as I had had an xBox up until last month. I bought a PS2 specifically for this game, so I had high expectations.
So far here are my opinions-
- Tons of cars, and what appears to be endless hours of game play.
- Driving seems a little bit more difficult which is an upgrade over the older "drive fast as you can at a wall and bounce off it" driving style.
- RWD Cars are actually drivable. I remember endless nights being pissed at older GT games because the Viper did dough nuts on every turn.
- Tons of great tracks! Nuremberg (SP?)...need I say more?
Thats all I can think of for now. I think my opinions will obviously change as I get deeper into the game. Seems like there is still a lot more to see.
- Was I correct in seeing some car from the 1800's and Jay Leno's Tank Rod? These cars are here, but there is no Trans Am?
- American Car Makers are still under represented. Why is the Sunfire there? I see there still are about 18 different versions of each import car.
- I have a 52" HD Big Screen and the game had so many jagglies it made my head hurt. Granted, it is not on an HD hookup because my Cable Box, XBox, and DVD Player have those all occupied
- The cars all sound like crap still. The GTO sounds horrid.