How Much of a GM Fanatic are You? Tell us your story!
A landmark approaches. GMI is almost 15,000 members strong, with many passionate GM fans among them.
But there are different levels of fanaticism, and different ways that it is expressed, and I don't think we've heard but a fraction of the passion that's out there among our many active members, not-so-active members, and long-time lurkers.
It's time to speak up. What does it mean to you to say you are a "GM Fan"?
Some might see the brand-loyal act of buying Chevy trucks all his or her life as the mark of a GM fan.
Others might simply stick to GM because they have a GM card and rebates, but still consider themselves fans.
But the extreme fans among us might either:
1. Know all of the engine and transmission combinations used in every Camaro in existence.
2. Buy almost exclusively "tuner house" versions of GM cars, such as an SLP modified Firebird or Grand Prix. At the very least only buy the highest performance trim level of a given GM car.
3. Collect an old, obscure model of GM performance car, and try to restore it to its former tire burning glory, say something off of this thread..
4. Run a website dedicated to a particular model of GM car or Truck, with meticulously researched history files, forums for enthusiasts, etc.
5. Modify a GM car / truck from its base and boring existence, into some kind of rolling art on wheels or performance monster.
So, what kind of fan are YOU? And if you want to elaborate, what is it that attracted you to GM vehicles in the first place?
And let us know:
- What GM cars you have owned?
- What model of GM car you currently drive?
- What GM cars are on your "wish list"? (Realistic or not)