GMInsidenews User Opinion Thread: Least Reliable GM Built Vehicle

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GMInsidenews User Opinion Thread: Least Reliable GM Built Vehicle

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Premium Member Branden's Avatar
    Thanks

GMInsidenews User Opinion Thread: Least Reliable GM Built Vehicle

Since GM reads this thread, I thought we could give them a nice feedback thread.

Basically what I want is for users to post the first vehicle that comes to mind when you hear "Least Reliable GM Vehicle".

Only rule is that it has to be a currently made GM vehicle...and it can only be one.

I will start with...

Chevrolet Trailblazer
    Last edited by Branden; 11-14-2004 at 10:14 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content 14.9 @93mph
    2004 Trailblazer LT

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Contributor Premium Member Ming's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: GMInsidenews User Opinion Thread: Least Reliable GM Build Vehicle

Chevrolet Astro, due to its ancient design.

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Trailblazer.

I know several people who really wish they never bought a TB, because it is in the shop all the time!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ming
    Chevrolet Astro, due to its ancient design.
    I've always thoght of the Astro as a really reliable vehicle. If there were big problems, GM would've had to change something in the last few years.

To me there isn't really one vehicle that sticks out as unreliable. The way I see it, all cars have problems.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 giagastormer's Avatar
    Thanks

Trailblazer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buick61
    My Saturn L-Series had a whole host of problems. Except that engine, that V6 performed fantastically.
    I second this Vote. Saturn L-series. Mine had tons rattles, one ended up being a screw driver that was left in the head liner during assembly? Side mirrors that whistled due to incorrect spacing, air conditioner that failed on a road trip to a hot North Dakota Summer, where no Saturn dealership was to be found, and the local chevy dealer would not touch it under warranty. Unlike Buick61, my v-6 was rather problem prone, left me stranded twice, and operated in "limp home" mode one morning into work. I owned two s-series Saturns prior to, and were flawless.
    Hidden Content

My Rides (2013 Chevrolet Volt, 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Baja):
    Hidden Content
    @Testdrivejunkie
    "I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming." - Mitch Hedberg ...

Thanks

the Astro is old,ugly, and reliable, both the ones i have owned have been trouble free, and the old one lasted over 200K i expect the 2001 to last as well. At almost 50K miles so far, it has had one set of front pads and a battery. I hate it, as I have to drive one, as it is able to haul my daughters electric wheel chair, and all her other stuff, it pulls a boat, and has a decent stereo. BUT I WILL DEFEND IT. Mine have always given EXCELLENT service, way better than my other GM experiences. Yet I reain sort of loyal to GM, go figure. I do have to admit, the Vortec 4.3 makes more power than the old TB 4.3, and uses more gas, but not much more, the stereo is pretty good, I love the overhead display, even if the gas milage reads 2 MPG high, it corners way better than anything that tall and short should, ABS is great. My uncle does emissions inspections, last week he did 2 for the local florist, one had about 350K, the other had over 450K, and both passed. Of course, they had been maintained, but they are still running.

Rod

Thanks

Hey guys, I dont want to hi-jack this thread I was just wandering if you could quickly expand on the problems with TrailBlazers. The reason I ask is because my wife & I have a 03 Envoy XL with 40K miles and we have not had a single problem and enjoy it very much. I'm assuming if the TB is suppose to be bad then the envoy should be too, right? Anyway, just curious what kind of problems folks have had with the TB. We have an opportunity to purchase a new 05TB at 0% Interest so I was just wandering if there was just a bigger difference between the TB and the Envoy than consmetics? Thank you!

Thanks

Thumbs down Re: GMInsidenews User Opinion Thread: Least Reliable GM Build Vehicle

2003 Saab 9-3

At least the lease deal is great because the car rattles like a tin can full of dimes, and has had a mryiad of other minor annoyances

Thanks

Re: GMInsidenews User Opinion Thread: Least Reliable GM Built Vehicle

Saturn L-Series

Thanks

Hey Mike, I am actually considering geting a Saab 9-3... any advice?

I am driving a Trailblazer right now and I hate it. The suspension or the shocks or whatever just keep acting up. The thing is that I never have time to take it to the dealership, and the dealership does not give you a rental, so I am just forced to ride it out until the lease expires.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Angry Re: GMInsidenews User Opinion Thread: Least Reliable GM Build Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by nsap
    Trailblazer.

I know several people who really wish they never bought a TB, because it is in the shop all the time!
    Absolutely. There's no doubt in my mind that the TB is the worst GM built. I was lucky enough to get rid of mine for a reasonable amount of $$$; I just feel sorry for the poor sap that ended up with it.

The list of problems (some small, some more serious) was WAY too long.

Let's put it this way: my M3 was dead reliable in comparison (and I got rid of that in favor of a Lexus due to it not being the best screwed together vehicle either).

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 espo19047's Avatar
    Thanks

For every complaint about the trailblazer I'm sure there are hundreds who would say thier trailblazer is reliable..I have an 04 ext so far so good...I also have an 03 Cav.. It is fantastic!

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar dav305z's Avatar
    Thanks

Bonneville. Our we traded our '93 in at three yrs because it was basically to unreliable to drive any longer. We finally got another in 2001. It was better but still seemed a pain in the neck. The sunroof leaked, the power windows broke on multiple occasions, the engine would run rough once in a while, and of course, the gaps. The size of the body panel gaps on the current gen bonny are astounding. I can literally fit my pointer finger between the trunk lid and the rear fenders. Not GM's best by any means.
    Hidden Content
    "The movement you need is on your shoulders" - Paul McCartney

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 jro4566's Avatar
    Thanks

TrailBlazer.

2007 BMW 328i. Black sapphire metallic. Terra leather. Poplar wood. Automatic trans. Xenon adaptive headlights. BMW Assist. Bluetooth. Premium package. Heated seats. iDrive navigation system. Rear sonar. Comfort access. LOGIC7 surround sound. Sirius. 18" BMW wheels. Rear spoiler.

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury. Black onyx pearl. Beige leather. 4WD. Chrome hood vents, mirror covers, exhaust. Silver grille, taillight trim. Brushed metal bumper protector. Running boards.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information