GMI Covers The News Packed Week

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GMI Covers The News Packed Week

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Finally we hear PRODUCT news out of GM!
    www.gminsidenews.com
    August 12, 2009

Well, no one from GMInsidenews Staff may have been invited to the GM media preview yesterday to look at all their future product, but that certainly isn't going to put a damper on the fact that GMI is the 24/7 news source for everything GM. Actually, we were the first to cover the GM Preview event...and we were not even there. We have a whole slew of news on the site for you to read. Everything from a 230 MPG Volt to the full story behind an upcoming Buick crossover. Hit the links below to get the latest.

Last edited by nsap; 08-17-2009 at 07:55 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,663 Times in 1,380 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'07 Ford F-150

Re: GMI Covers The News Packed Week

Well, no one from GMInsidenews may have been invited to the GM media preview yesterday to look at all their future product
    Even though we should've been invited...
    Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
    2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)

Thanks

Awesome coverage! Love GM Inside News!!!
    2010 Infiniti FX35
    2007 Yukon XL Denali
    2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    GM V-8's

Someone from GMI should have been invited...
    1968 Buick Skylark (Buick 350/4)
    1972 Chevrolet Corvette (350 LT-1)
    2001 Chevrolet Tahoe LS (5.3 liter)
    1983 Chevrolet C/10 Silverado (350 Goodwrench)

Former: 1989 GMC Suburban R1500 (5.7 liter)
    1969 Buick Skylark Custom (Buick 350/2)
    1971 Buick Riviera (Buick 455)
    1971 Buick Electra 225 (Buick 455)

Without Buick, GM never would have existed.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Ambalanche's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 616 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Sonoma Red GMC Sierra SLT

Quote Originally Posted by skylark68 View Post
    Yeah, it should've been me!

Thanks
    My Ride
    2000 Pontiac Sunfire

All good info. Too bad we dont have Aveo and Malibu pics.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by skylark68 View Post
    Seriously, what do you have to do to get into these things?
    Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
    Seriously, what do you have to do to get into these things?
    Well, to be part of the "consumers" group that went through on Monday you had to be a huge blogger or Twitter-user. That was the common trait amongst all of them. Most were completely unrelated to the automotive industry as well and did not own GM products.

For Tuesday's group you had to be a legitimate member of the media. Which, I have media credentials with GM...but GMI has never been embraced by GM too much. I'm not even sure why.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2006 Cadillac DTS Performance

Thank you gminsidenews.com. I always know my car news before any of my friends and family. I was telling people about cash for clunkers weeks before it happened!

News Contributor Premium Member V8GMT360 Guy's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    08 Sierra A/T, 09 Envoy Denali

Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    For Tuesday's group you had to be a legitimate member of the media. Which, I have media credentials with GM...but GMI has never been embraced by GM too much. I'm not even sure why.
    Maybe that was true of "old" GM, but it would behoove New GM to recognize that this particular outlet is a HUGE plus for them since most of the folks here are big time loyalists that will trumpet their successes far more than some other media organizations that have traditionally proven less than friends.

Thanks

"For Tuesday's group you had to be a legitimate member of the media. Which, I have media credentials with GM...but GMI has never been embraced by GM too much. I'm not even sure why."-NSAP

Perhaps it's another instance of "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." GM may feel as though GMI will give them a fair shake, whereas other media outlets love to take their shots at Big Blue, even when they don't deserve it. On the flip side, GM may also want to keep GMI at arm's length just so there is enough "plausible deniability" on their part. We all know there are tons of posts here that are critical of, and sometimes hate filled, for other automakers and sometimes GM itself. Also, there are enough "leaks" and exclusives posted on GMI from real insiders... With GMI not being owned by GM, GM can always fall back on "They're not official photos," or "We have no comment on upcoming models," all the while feeding the hunger for information from their "core" fans.

It was just a thought...

Thanks

THANK YOU NSAP!

I can't keep up with all the news, it's happening so fast. Maybe GM will surprise a lot of people now that it can focus on it's core brands, styling, innovation and better quality.
    -
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution, so the second will not become the legalized version of the first - Thomas Jefferson
    -

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,375 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    Finally we hear PRODUCT news out of GM!
    www.gminsidenews.com
    August 12, 2009

Well, no one from GMInsidenews Staff may have been invited to the GM media preview yesterday to look at all their future product, but that certainly isn't going to put a damper on the fact that GMI is the 24/7 news source for everything GM. Actually, we were the first to cover the GM Preview event...and we were not even there. We have a whole slew of news on the site for you to read. Everything from a 230 MPG Volt to the full story behind an upcoming Buick crossover. Hit the links below to get the latest.
    I got an invite, great time but not enough to really get to look at everything, spent alot of time moving from place to place, don't get me wrong GM did a phenomenal job of moving about 70 people around the Detroit area, from Herititage center on Sunday night to Design Monday Morning through Volt PPO and on to Milford in the Afternoon. I would have liked to spend about an hour with each new model but obviously not enough time for that.

They did have the designers avalible for questions at the design center and the CTS Coupe is much better in person than pictures, not that I could have taken any (no cameras were allowed).

I liked the GMC crossover better than the Buick although both were very well done, and the GMC got quite a few "thumbs up" from my group with a nicely creased exterior.

The Malibu absolutely rocks with much better rear styling than the current one and with a nicely "evolutionary" front styling upgrade, same with the interior, nice upgrade in materials/design (based on styling "Buck").

Both Cadillacs looked great and nicely proportioned.

The small Buick "Astra" can be a solid "Homerun" it is that nice and definately Astra based, and the Regal looks as good as the pics although they had some "experimental" headlights on the display model that I liked and am not sure about production.

All of the execs were present and very approachable, Lutz is a great guy (no surprise) in person and very knowledgeable - marketing is in great hands.

FYI, about a half a dozen guys in the focus group thought you would be there.

The group was very broad based with some knowledgeable car guys mixed with some GM haters and even a few greenies thrown in, GM did not hide from anyone.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by SierraGS View Post
    I got an invite, great time but not enough to really get to look at everything, spent alot of time moving from place to place, don't get me wrong GM did a phenomenal job of moving about 70 people around the Detroit area, from Herititage center on Sunday night to Design Monday Morning through Volt PPO and on to Milford in the Afternoon. I would have liked to spend about an hour with each new model but obviously not enough time for that.

They did have the designers avalible for questions at the design center and the CTS Coupe is much better in person than pictures, not that I could have taken any (no cameras were allowed).

I liked the GMC crossover better than the Buick although both were very well done, and the GMC got quite a few "thumbs up" from my group with a nicely creased exterior.

The Malibu absolutely rocks with much better rear styling than the current one and with a nicely "evolutionary" front styling upgrade, same with the interior, nice upgrade in materials/design (based on styling "Buck").

Both Cadillacs looked great and nicely proportioned.

The small Buick "Astra" can be a solid "Homerun" it is that nice and definately Astra based, and the Regal looks as good as the pics although they had some "experimental" headlights on the display model that I liked and am not sure about production.

All of the execs were present and very approachable, Lutz is a great guy (no surprise) in person and very knowledgeable - marketing is in great hands.

The group was very broad based with some knowledgeable car guys mixed with some GM haters and even a few greenies thrown in, GM did not hide from anyone.
    Lucky!!!
    Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SierraGS View Post
    Is that directed at me? I didn't realize I was so well-known.

At any rate I think I would have given up a body part to be there....
    Last edited by nsap; 08-12-2009 at 09:45 PM.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information