GMI Covers The News Packed Week

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: GMI Covers The News Packed Week

  1. #1
    Editor Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    26,951
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 422 Times in 426 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    GMI Covers The News Packed Week

    GMI Covers The News Packed Week
    Finally we hear PRODUCT news out of GM!
    www.gminsidenews.com
    August 12, 2009


    Well, no one from GMInsidenews Staff may have been invited to the GM media preview yesterday to look at all their future product, but that certainly isn't going to put a damper on the fact that GMI is the 24/7 news source for everything GM. Actually, we were the first to cover the GM Preview event...and we were not even there. We have a whole slew of news on the site for you to read. Everything from a 230 MPG Volt to the full story behind an upcoming Buick crossover. Hit the links below to get the latest.


    Last edited by nsap; 08-17-2009 at 07:55 AM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    20,780
    Thanks
    384
    Thanked 3,663 Times in 1,380 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'07 Ford F-150

    Re: GMI Covers The News Packed Week

    Well, no one from GMInsidenews may have been invited to the GM media preview yesterday to look at all their future product
    Even though we should've been invited...
    Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
    2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)

  4. #3
    News Contributor Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,557
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: GMI Covers The News Packed Week

    Awesome coverage! Love GM Inside News!!!
    2010 Infiniti FX35
    2007 Yukon XL Denali
    2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 skylark68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pearland, TX
    Posts
    3,498
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 251 Times in 125 Posts
    My Ride
    GM V-8's

    Re: GMI Covers The News Packed Week

    Someone from GMI should have been invited...
    1968 Buick Skylark (Buick 350/4)
    1972 Chevrolet Corvette (350 LT-1)
    2001 Chevrolet Tahoe LS (5.3 liter)
    1983 Chevrolet C/10 Silverado (350 Goodwrench)

    Former: 1989 GMC Suburban R1500 (5.7 liter)
    1969 Buick Skylark Custom (Buick 350/2)
    1971 Buick Riviera (Buick 455)
    1971 Buick Electra 225 (Buick 455)

    Without Buick, GM never would have existed.

  7. #5
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Ambalanche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Posts
    5,958
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 616 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Sonoma Red GMC Sierra SLT

    Re: GMI Covers The News Packed Week

    Quote Originally Posted by skylark68 View Post
    Someone from GMI should have been invited...
    Yeah, it should've been me!

  8. #6
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC GM2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    2000 Pontiac Sunfire

    Re: GMI Covers The News Packed Week

    All good info. Too bad we dont have Aveo and Malibu pics.

  9. #7
    GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    20,780
    Thanks
    384
    Thanked 3,663 Times in 1,380 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'07 Ford F-150

    Re: GMI Covers The News Packed Week

    Quote Originally Posted by skylark68 View Post
    Someone from GMI should have been invited...
    Seriously, what do you have to do to get into these things?
    Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
    2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)

  10. #8
    Editor Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    26,951
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 422 Times in 426 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: GMI Covers The News Packed Week

    Quote Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
    Seriously, what do you have to do to get into these things?
    Well, to be part of the "consumers" group that went through on Monday you had to be a huge blogger or Twitter-user. That was the common trait amongst all of them. Most were completely unrelated to the automotive industry as well and did not own GM products.

    For Tuesday's group you had to be a legitimate member of the media. Which, I have media credentials with GM...but GMI has never been embraced by GM too much. I'm not even sure why.

  11. #9
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    885
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 67 Times in 49 Posts
    My Ride
    2006 Cadillac DTS Performance

    Re: GMI Covers The News Packed Week

    Thank you gminsidenews.com. I always know my car news before any of my friends and family. I was telling people about cash for clunkers weeks before it happened!

  12. #10
    News Contributor Premium Member V8GMT360 Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    3,276
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 181 Times in 93 Posts
    My Ride
    08 Sierra A/T, 09 Envoy Denali

    Re: GMI Covers The News Packed Week

    Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    For Tuesday's group you had to be a legitimate member of the media. Which, I have media credentials with GM...but GMI has never been embraced by GM too much. I'm not even sure why.
    Maybe that was true of "old" GM, but it would behoove New GM to recognize that this particular outlet is a HUGE plus for them since most of the folks here are big time loyalists that will trumpet their successes far more than some other media organizations that have traditionally proven less than friends.

  13. #11
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 Quixote88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,993
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 565 Times in 288 Posts

    Re: GMI Covers The News Packed Week

    "For Tuesday's group you had to be a legitimate member of the media. Which, I have media credentials with GM...but GMI has never been embraced by GM too much. I'm not even sure why."-NSAP


    Perhaps it's another instance of "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." GM may feel as though GMI will give them a fair shake, whereas other media outlets love to take their shots at Big Blue, even when they don't deserve it. On the flip side, GM may also want to keep GMI at arm's length just so there is enough "plausible deniability" on their part. We all know there are tons of posts here that are critical of, and sometimes hate filled, for other automakers and sometimes GM itself. Also, there are enough "leaks" and exclusives posted on GMI from real insiders... With GMI not being owned by GM, GM can always fall back on "They're not official photos," or "We have no comment on upcoming models," all the while feeding the hunger for information from their "core" fans.

    It was just a thought...

  14. #12
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 XP300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,427
    Thanks
    1,591
    Thanked 624 Times in 303 Posts

    Re: GMI Covers The News Packed Week

    THANK YOU NSAP!

    I can't keep up with all the news, it's happening so fast. Maybe GM will surprise a lot of people now that it can focus on it's core brands, styling, innovation and better quality.
    -
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution, so the second will not become the legalized version of the first - Thomas Jefferson
    -

  15. #13
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,792
    Thanks
    6,505
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,375 Posts

    Re: GMI Covers The News Packed Week

    Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    GMI Covers The News Packed Week
    Finally we hear PRODUCT news out of GM!
    www.gminsidenews.com
    August 12, 2009

    Well, no one from GMInsidenews Staff may have been invited to the GM media preview yesterday to look at all their future product, but that certainly isn't going to put a damper on the fact that GMI is the 24/7 news source for everything GM. Actually, we were the first to cover the GM Preview event...and we were not even there. We have a whole slew of news on the site for you to read. Everything from a 230 MPG Volt to the full story behind an upcoming Buick crossover. Hit the links below to get the latest.
    I got an invite, great time but not enough to really get to look at everything, spent alot of time moving from place to place, don't get me wrong GM did a phenomenal job of moving about 70 people around the Detroit area, from Herititage center on Sunday night to Design Monday Morning through Volt PPO and on to Milford in the Afternoon. I would have liked to spend about an hour with each new model but obviously not enough time for that.

    They did have the designers avalible for questions at the design center and the CTS Coupe is much better in person than pictures, not that I could have taken any (no cameras were allowed).

    I liked the GMC crossover better than the Buick although both were very well done, and the GMC got quite a few "thumbs up" from my group with a nicely creased exterior.

    The Malibu absolutely rocks with much better rear styling than the current one and with a nicely "evolutionary" front styling upgrade, same with the interior, nice upgrade in materials/design (based on styling "Buck").

    Both Cadillacs looked great and nicely proportioned.

    The small Buick "Astra" can be a solid "Homerun" it is that nice and definately Astra based, and the Regal looks as good as the pics although they had some "experimental" headlights on the display model that I liked and am not sure about production.

    All of the execs were present and very approachable, Lutz is a great guy (no surprise) in person and very knowledgeable - marketing is in great hands.

    FYI, about a half a dozen guys in the focus group thought you would be there.

    The group was very broad based with some knowledgeable car guys mixed with some GM haters and even a few greenies thrown in, GM did not hide from anyone.

  16. #14
    GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    20,780
    Thanks
    384
    Thanked 3,663 Times in 1,380 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'07 Ford F-150

    Re: GMI Covers The News Packed Week

    Quote Originally Posted by SierraGS View Post
    I got an invite, great time but not enough to really get to look at everything, spent alot of time moving from place to place, don't get me wrong GM did a phenomenal job of moving about 70 people around the Detroit area, from Herititage center on Sunday night to Design Monday Morning through Volt PPO and on to Milford in the Afternoon. I would have liked to spend about an hour with each new model but obviously not enough time for that.

    They did have the designers avalible for questions at the design center and the CTS Coupe is much better in person than pictures, not that I could have taken any (no cameras were allowed).

    I liked the GMC crossover better than the Buick although both were very well done, and the GMC got quite a few "thumbs up" from my group with a nicely creased exterior.

    The Malibu absolutely rocks with much better rear styling than the current one and with a nicely "evolutionary" front styling upgrade, same with the interior, nice upgrade in materials/design (based on styling "Buck").

    Both Cadillacs looked great and nicely proportioned.

    The small Buick "Astra" can be a solid "Homerun" it is that nice and definately Astra based, and the Regal looks as good as the pics although they had some "experimental" headlights on the display model that I liked and am not sure about production.

    All of the execs were present and very approachable, Lutz is a great guy (no surprise) in person and very knowledgeable - marketing is in great hands.

    FYI, about a half a dozen guys in the focus group thought you would be there.

    The group was very broad based with some knowledgeable car guys mixed with some GM haters and even a few greenies thrown in, GM did not hide from anyone.
    Lucky!!!
    Hidden Content
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
    2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)

  17. #15
    Editor Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    26,951
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 422 Times in 426 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: GMI Covers The News Packed Week

    Quote Originally Posted by SierraGS View Post
    FYI, about a half a dozen guys in the focus group thought you would be there.
    Is that directed at me? I didn't realize I was so well-known.

    At any rate I think I would have given up a body part to be there....
    Last edited by nsap; 08-12-2009 at 09:45 PM.

  18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2