Car and Driver uses GMI as Source for Article

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car and Driver uses GMI as Source for Article

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Premium Member Branden's Avatar
    Thanks
    I picked up the newest issue of Car and Driver the other day (The one with the Green Charger on the cover), and much to my surpise they used GMI as a source for an article in their "The Dirt Road" section. Between this and the Hod Rod magazine article it just shows that more and more, GMI is recogized as the source for GM news and conversation.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content 14.9 @93mph
    2004 Trailblazer LT

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar dav305z's Avatar
    Thanks
    That's great. Being quoted in a magazine like that means that the website is not only gaining popularity, but is also earning a reputation as a genuine, trustworthy source for auto news.
    Hidden Content
    "The movement you need is on your shoulders" - Paul McCartney

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Here is a link to the story I broke on July 21st...

LINKY

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 OzoneGTX's Avatar
    Orlando, Florida (formerly Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic)
    Thanks
    I don't know, but something just makes it feel like this is "my" site. Not that I own it, but that I've been a member for almost a year, I found this site myself (and didn't have someone tell me how great it was) and am here everyday.

I just feel happy to be one of the thousands of people that make this site (even though i don't contribute sh*it, though I wish I could.)

It was such a relief coming here after leaving the morons and idiots at the Supercars.net forum

I hope that didn't sound selfish and that people don't take it the wrong way, I'm having a hard time getting how I feel into text.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 FoMoCo Fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Very cool, but if you look, they left off the .com part. People might not know it's a website, perhaps?

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 TiburonJT's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Ford Focus SE 5-Door 5MT
    This is a great site. Although I am a Ford guy, I like to read about all vehicles and I like to get a lot of information at one spot. I am tired of the auto magazines making a big deal out of minor "problems" in vehicles (C&D: no foot rest in the F-150, elbow hits arm rest in Malibu). And although there is a GM bias, many of those who post on this site are open to other brands and some are fans of other brands. Also, I have to give everyone credit for often being civil, which is a nice change from other sites.

Thanks
    Originally posted by TiburonJT@Sep 7 2004, 09:01 PM
    This is a great site.  Although I am a Ford guy, I like to read about all vehicles and I like to get a lot of information at one spot.  I am tired of the auto magazines making a big deal out of minor "problems" in vehicles (C&D: no foot rest in the F-150, elbow hits arm rest in Malibu).  And although there is a GM bias, many of those who post on this site are open to other brands and some are fans of other brands.  Also, I have to give everyone credit for often being civil, which is a nice change from other sites.
    It's good to have our own opionions and respect others B)

Thanks
    Originally posted by TiburonJT@Sep 7 2004, 09:01 PM
    This is a great site. Although I am a Ford guy, I like to read about all vehicles and I like to get a lot of information at one spot. I am tired of the auto magazines making a big deal out of minor "problems" in vehicles (C&D: no foot rest in the F-150, elbow hits arm rest in Malibu). And although there is a GM bias, many of those who post on this site are open to other brands and some are fans of other brands. Also, I have to give everyone credit for often being civil, which is a nice change from other sites.
    like he said, I'm a DCX guy, always have been and I probably always will be. Everyone here is very welcoming and has generally open views. Understandably there is a very large gm bias...but it's GMinside news after all isn't it ^_^. I think that being quoted in a magazine is awesome. Like Brandon said, it really goes to show that GMinsidenews is the foremost authority on up and coming activited in the auto world

Thanks
    Congratulations!!

Thanks
    What a great plug for the site! Lets keep it all goin yall.

Mafia Cowboy

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 marinerbc's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Dodge Charger R/T
    GMInsidenews biased?? How could anyone even think that?? All the opinions here are based solely on fact; the fact that GM is superior to DCX.

Just kidding. We like GM cars here, and Chryslers and Fords, and even "those whose names may not be mentioned" (at least by me). Most of the posters here are "car people". That makes us all basically the same.

Congratulations on well deserved recognition from one of the publication giants. Cheers Branden.

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks
    Good job GMI!

Mark

Thanks
    As in the rest of the media world, the web is keeping the big boys on their toes. When a politician tells a lie or says someting moneumentally stupid, these days the story hits the web first.

Now if we could figure out how to keep the car mags honest. It's my understanding that the car companies run roughshod over the mags: say something bad about my car, I cut you off. Threatening to pull advertizing, that sort of thing.

Wouldn't it be great if we could do something about that kinda garbage from here.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar dav305z's Avatar
    Thanks
    Originally posted by AMcA@Sep 8 2004, 04:24 AM
    As in the rest of the media world, the web is keeping the big boys on their toes. When a politician tells a lie or says someting moneumentally stupid, these days the story hits the web first.

Now if we could figure out how to keep the car mags honest. It's my understanding that the car companies run roughshod over the mags: say something bad about my car, I cut you off. Threatening to pull advertizing, that sort of thing.

Wouldn't it be great if we could do something about that kinda garbage from here.
    In addition, websites have the ability to report news breaks as soon as it occurs, while the stuff in the mainstream mags is at least a month old buy the time it reaches the stand. Mags used to be able to dismiss the net as a pure rumor mill, but thanks to sites like GMI, this is now impossible. I myself find myself flipping quickly through the "news" sections of auto mags, and that used to be my favorite section.
    Hidden Content
    "The movement you need is on your shoulders" - Paul McCartney

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC karhopper's Avatar
    Thanks
    GMI KICKS ***
    I sit and I pray, in my broken down Chevrolet. Social Distortion - Ball N Chain

Super heavy, built like a Chevy Limp Bizkit - Crack Addict

Promise me today I'll have a Chevrolet, with whitewalls on the side Bad Religion - American Dream

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information