Best of GMI: Best Overall; Add Your Takes!

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Best of GMI: Best Overall; Add Your Takes!

6.2 Liter LS3 V8 Premium Member Ghrankenstein's Avatar
    Thanks

Best of GMI: Best Overall; Add Your Takes!

I've closed this category. It's time to move on to the next one, and add your takes!

What is GM's Best Overall vehicle for 2006? Is it the price-no-object STS-V? Is it the performance bargain Corvette Z06? Is the new 2007 Silverado now the pride of GM?

I’ll be looking for the most eloquent, clever, and passionate takes to include in the final articles. Since I’m expecting responses in the thousands, please understand that I won’t be able to read them all, and I’ll review more takes from regular contributors. Rest assured that both the consensus and the counterpoint will be represented.

Here’s what you need to do:
    • Consider the category, and consider your choice.
    • Include your choice in the SUBJECT of the email. Beyond that, funny or clever subjects will increase my likelihood of reading it.
    • Include your take in the email. That means 3-6 sentences explaining your choice.
    • Include you GMI screen name in your take.
    Jungle Rules Apply:
    • Have a take.
    • Make sure that it does not suck.
    • Keep it within the etiquette of GMI
    • Keep it within the spirit of the award, i.e. no votes for “Nothing.”
    • Please, for the love of God, don’t send me any takes via PM.
    Finally, be patient. We might be geniuses, sometimes evil geniuses, but we’re not super geniuses. The awards page is our biggest project of the year, and our second-most difficult (April Fool’s is tougher, by far), but we’re planning on making it better than ever.

Remember, we'll have another category tomorrow!

Thanks for making GMI what it is.

Sincerely,

Ghrankenstein and the GMI Staff
    Last edited by Ghrankenstein; 11-21-2006 at 11:28 PM.
    NEW RIDE: 2008 Carp Poseidon (for fish-head delivery)
    Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks
    The SAAB 9-3. GM needs to get back to building great cars. Not trucks, not crossovers, not sports cars, but bread and butter sedans. The 9-3 shows the way. Make cars stylish, well built, fun to drive, good value, good ergonomics, good quality materials. The 9-3 is all of these. Imagine if the current Malibu was as good as the SAAB 9-3 where GM would be. They actually would make money selling cars! What a concept, sell a car at a profit and make money.

Thanks

Re: Best of GMI: Best Overall; Add Your Takes!

Nice work Grank, i little smack off on the GMI site. ill be thinking about this at work and ill get back to you later tonight.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

Re: Best of GMI: Best Overall; Add Your Takes!

Quote Originally Posted by throwback
    The SAAB 9-3. GM needs to get back to building great cars. Not trucks, not crossovers, not sports cars, but bread and butter sedans. The 9-3 shows the way. Make cars stylish, well built, fun to drive, good value, good ergonomics, good quality materials. The 9-3 is all of these. Imagine if the current Malibu was as good as the SAAB 9-3 where GM would be. They actually would make money selling cars! What a concept, sell a car at a profit and make money.
    Please Submit to The e-mail listed.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information