Autoline Detroit to Air China Park Avenue + More Bob Lutz In Follow-Up Show Sunday

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autoline Detroit to Air China Park Avenue + More Bob Lutz In Follow-Up Show Sunday

GMI Contributor Premium Member Ming's Avatar
    Thanks

Autoline Detroit to Air China Park Avenue + More Bob Lutz In Follow-Up Show Sunday

All, if you missed it, the "Extra" portion of the Autoline Detroit broadcast curiously did not include the part about the Chinese Park Avenue that John McElroy told me we could look forward to. The reason? There is going to be a follow-up Bob Lutz show this Sunday...! - Ming

www.autolinedetroit.tv

"Ming,"

John is currently out of the office but I wanted you to know that I
    read the "Autoblog" story directing readers to our website to view
    Bob Lutz's comments on China & Buick. If you have gone there you
    already know that portion of the interview wasn't posted. I'd like
    to apologize for the miscommunication. When John replied to your e-
    mail last week he was unaware that we switched EXTRAS on him. We did
    that because we felt the Bob Lutz interview was so strong and replete
    with information that it warranted a follow-up show.

Thus, our upcoming show this Sunday, May 13th will feature a "fresh"
    unaired ten minutes with Mr. Lutz as well as an "unbroadcast" portion
    of our interview with our previous week's guest, CAW President Buzz
    Hargrove.

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding. Hopefully you can have Mr. Neff
    correct this information on his blog.

Thanks for your viewership and your continued interest in Autoline
    Detroit.

Regards,

Chip Drake
    Producer
    Autoline Detroit
    ***@blueskyproductions.tv
    www.autolinedetroit.tv

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 2,051 Times in 2,107 Posts
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

Re: Autoline Detroit to Air China Park Avenue + More Bob Lutz In Follow-Up Show Sunday

Hmmmm.... Well OK then....

Still doesn't make me any happier about the Triplets though.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Re: Autoline Detroit to Air China Park Avenue + More Bob Lutz In Follow-Up Show Sunday

That's really cool that they respond to you personally and follow up as well. I've always loved autoline detroit, it should be required viewing for all car people!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC jason4225's Avatar
    Thanks

That's great news Ming since so many people were interested in his reply to your question.

It's also good to know that the producer reads (or at least was informed of) the story on Autoblog and felt the need to reply directly to you. I'm sure they realize that there are a lot of people that will watch the show just to hear Bob Lutz's comments on Buick and China. More viewers is always a good thing.
    Current-1991 Mustang LX 5.0
    1999 Jeep Cherokee

Premium Member
    Thanks

Re: Autoline Detroit to Air China Park Avenue + More Bob Lutz In Follow-Up Show Sunda

It appears the Mingster's reputation will remain intact.

Thanks

Re: Autoline Detroit to Air China Park Avenue + More Bob Lutz In Follow-Up Show Sunda

Quote Originally Posted by T-Type
    It appears the Mingster's reputation will remain intact.
    Yes, it was a pretty embarassing moment when the Extras began and ended with no mention of the PA yesterday. Ha.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member nadepalma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 961 Posts
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

That's good --- any insight will certainly be appreciated by Lutz. Good deal Ming.
    "La vita č come un albero di Natale..c'č sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro
    Still doesn't make me any happier about the Triplets though.
    I doubt any of the three would sell in appreciable numbers if they were made available here. Unless gas goes above $4/gal and sticks there I just don't see the American consumer willing to drive around in a tiny little car like that. You don't see all that many Aveo/Yaris/Fit/Versa models on the roads around here in the Chicago area. Something smaller would be even less likely to sell IMO.

Thanks

Greetings Ming,

Thank you for the work you have provided here. The interview with Bob to say the least was very interesting and it will be very good to hear Bob's response regarding Buick.

Thanks again, this is one of the best interviews other than the one held with Cadillac's GM Jim Taylor.

JLM

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 boblutzfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevy SS / 2015 / 6M

This is great news!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,051 Times in 2,107 Posts
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

Quote Originally Posted by zabolots
    I doubt any of the three would sell in appreciable numbers if they were made available here. Unless gas goes above $4/gal and sticks there I just don't see the American consumer willing to drive around in a tiny little car like that. You don't see all that many Aveo/Yaris/Fit/Versa models on the roads around here in the Chicago area. Something smaller would be even less likely to sell IMO.
    My idea would have been to tackle specific urban areas where there is a hgih density of people and very limited space -- NYC, SF, etc. Also work out deals with day-car rental places like ZipCar.com. The triplets would act like a running billboard of sorts for GM.

It would show that GM is committed to higher fuel economy cars, instead of pointing out "tried and true" large cars with "decent" economy. GM actually can put out "specialty cars" with spectacular economy. And they're willing to show it off in the US, instead of making up some reason as to why it won't be feasible. Because, face it, they are just that -- reasons.

I don't expect the Triplets to sell 250,000 in the US. 50,000 would be acceptable, especially if concentrating on dense urban areas only.

The key to success for the Triplets would be to begin a trend. It's got to start at the urban centers where commuting and high-priced gas is a way of life.
    I can understand GM's apprehension to the Triplets But if GM is to get out of its rut and wants to innovate and get to the forefront of the auto industry, it's got to take a risk.

Right now, DCX is poised to set the trend with SMART in the US. Now, I don't know what their strategy is, so I can't say. No doubt GM will be watching what happens.

BUt I must say, the opportunity is here now to start something.

Thanks

I don't understand why you think the urban areas are the only ones needing this cars. Most of rural people drive 60+ miles a day to work. A hybrid doesn't perform its best at 60 MPH.

People are putting Geos and Fiestas together and putting them back on the road. When most of us have a trucks, a small daily driver like this makes sense.

Why don't small cars sell well? I can drive a Impala for 28MPG or an Aveo for 32MPG. I will take the hit and drive the bigger car. Now 45MPG that is different story.
    Find me at: Hidden Content
    Follow me on Twitter at: Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boblutzfan
    This is great news!!!
    And for one particular reason that another member pointed out here before. This way, it will be seen not only by the "Extra" people with Internet access and the will to hunt out the web site and download the clip, but will be broadcast on TV for all the world to see this Sunday!

Unless someone gets a little overzealous in the editing room, but I'm thinking Chip wouldn't do that to us twice after sending an e-mail like this to me and those at Autoblog.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Ambalanche's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 614 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Sonoma Red GMC Sierra SLT

I'm glad to hear that it was a mistake. I have DSL and it was downloading very slow last night so I just let it download and got up early this morning before work to watch. I'm thinking, I know all this already. Where's the China question? Glad to know they will be airing it, just hate to wait another week to see the part we don't already (or do we?) know the answer to.

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

I tried downloading the video file. 3.6K download speed?! Ha ha ha. I gave up after the 2 hour 45 minute estimated download time. This guy needs a new website hosting service.

Mark

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information