GM Inside News Forum - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

• |
    mainly testing (if I CAN post here):
    since I'm on sabbatical from car forums,
    wondering if the MFGs are becoming a TurnOFF
    • |
    and we continue to wait ...

I wish GM would remember that coupes always cost more than the sedan ... the extra cost is to pay for the extra tooling costs.

GM makes money on coupes ... just not enough ... they cant be bothered ... they dont think its worth the effort to make a handful of car buyers happy.

I have a problem ... my old Pontiac wont last for ever and there is nothing on their dealership lots I'm interested in purchasing ... this is a huge problem because I only purchase GM vehicles ... I cant wait forever...

Shame on you GM for doing nothing to replace Pontiac ... Buick could have handled it !
    • |
    GM Should have totally re structured the Buick Brand. The Name Regal should have been dropped and it should have been uniform all around the world as the Buick Insignia. Yes the "Waterfall" grill is nice but Buick should use the Opel Grill. It's classy and sporty like a high end Acura. There should be a wider variety of option configurations. Like a BMW or VW. A 6 speed manual, a tube diesel, All Wheel Drive, Leather or No leather, Sunroof or no Sunroof. And Remote start!!!! My god I could scream because my 2011 Regal doesn't and "can't" have the factory remote start upgrade done. We all know it can just someone hasn't made a program for it yet. It's from germany so it will never have remote start. Hello It's almost 2016 anything is possible!!! The Cruze is another one that is so limited. You want a diesel here it is 1 trim lever, 1 transmission option, 1 rim option and so on. Why can't there be a Cruze LS Manual shift Diesel with a sunroof, cruise, power windows, locks, mirrors and remote start. I know lots who would buy that. The Buick CASCADA is AWESOME!!! Good call GM. Now offer it in a manual shift and different seating configurations like 4 or 5 passenger, hard or soft top and don't forget the remote start!! We are in North America remember? All in All I'm a diehard GM enthusiast. I'm 37 years old and I've always had a GM. I would like to see more option selection and less packages 1LS, 2LS, 1LT, 2LT, 1LTZ, 2LTZ lol you know what I mean! Just have a car and add whatever you like to it. If anything have 3 levels, LS, LT and LTZ. An LS can have cruise and a diesel, Alloy wheels, Sunroof and a manual shift, fog lights, heated Seats and spoiler if the customer wants it. LT gives you the option of leather, nicer interior details, HID or LED head lights and a Turbo engine. The LTZ has just about everything. GM should bring every Opel over to North America. I love the european cars. I wonder if Opel would sell here? Like a BMW 300 series, Would a Regal Coupe and convertible fly?
    • |
    Awesome... I love this Car and agreed with this post.

Ride on mowers Mornington
    • |
    GM doesnt build their most popular concepts. Highly upset it hasnt been approved for production. Its like GM is scared to take risks, afraid of failure. they would probably only sell like 6k a yr, but what it would do to the brand is priceless. It would be what the R8 was to Audi.
    • |
    Please produce this car, Cadillac! It would no doubt go head-to-head against the best that Europe has to offer. And please, PLEASE, give it the Elmiraj (or better yet, Eldorado) name instead of the current alpha nomenclature. This car would be way too worthy to end up with a generic three-letter moniker.
    • |
    They need to add a V12 to their line up
    • |
    GM has a number of coupes - all Chevrolets - with no room in the backseat. I would buy a Riviera with room enough for grownups in back.
    My Cadillac has passed 221,000 miles. I will need to replace it. GM presently offers no must have car.
    A real Riviera - not a minicar - would be just such a car.
    Ed.
    • |
    Please build the El Mirag exactly like the concept. Ill buy 2
    • |
    This car needs to have the by far,and way best interior GM has ever done in both fit,finish,quality of materials ,quality in things like even the seatbelt.....it all counts in this class, especially for a brand like Cadillac.

Totally agree especially :'' but a production Elmiraj combined with solid marketing efforts and a world-class customer experience will bring Cadillac long-term succes''.
    • |
    Amen. And be sure to call it an Eldorado and bring back the wreath. It is a Cadillac, you know.
    • |
    What about the new big Opel / Vauxhall Monza concept (Frankfurt, September 18, 2013)[IMG]http://***********.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Vauxhall-Monza-Coupe-Concept-1.jpg[/IMG]
    • |
    GM has quite a few sport coupes, (More than anything else actually) like the Corvette, CTS-V, Camaro, Cobalt SS, and discontinued ones like the Cadillac XLR-V, and the Pontiac Solstice...
    Updated 07-05-2013 at 05:13 PM by MrJMS350
    • |
    Alpha Platform (RWD and AWD)
    2.0-liter turbo and 6-speed manual standard
    2.0-liter turbo with eAssist and 8-speed auto optional
    3.6-liter V6 with eAssist and 8-speed auto optional
    Dramatic design with lots of influence from Riviera Concept (China)
    Base price of $30,000
    Market it to young, career-focused college grads
    This sounds a lot like the ATS's mission!
    • |
    All GM's brands are lacking in so many spots ... its been 4 years since BK, what gives ... when the hell is GM going to unleash the coupes that most people desire !
    • |
    I was seriously just thinking about GM's lineup and how a lot of my friends scoff at Chevrolet over the imports and I realized... the cars they love are all performance-oriented. They aren't Camaros or Corvettes. They're GTI's, RSX's, Si's, Genesis, 370's...
    • |
    I really like what buick has done since the new lacrosse came out a few yrs back. I also think they are missing that performance car that I think every brand should have. I cant think of a better nameplate than the riviera to do that on.
    • |
    I'm going to have a look at the Opel GTC next week. (just a look though).
    • |
    The next-generation (2016) Acadia is expected to downsize.
    • |
    The Acadia will not be smaller and this is the same size as the current Acadia. And in the US right now most all SUV will be unibody bases not BOF unibody get better gas millage idk where u get ur info from and the 2013 Acadia has just gotten an update.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast