GM Inside News Forum banner

AW: Chevy SS Manual Trans Option Coming For MY15

38K views 157 replies 75 participants last post by  zinner 
#1 ·
Autoweek Magazine

02/17/2014 - Page 13

Chevrolet's hard at work on the new for '14 SS sedan's next evolution; it's expected sooner rather than later. Price and details aren't known, but big upgrades for the next LS3-powered SS are set.

Look for a manual transmission and GM's Magnetic Ride Control suspension. We hear the manual SS arrives this summer as a 2015, with a $2,000-$3,000 premium over today's automatic-only $44,470 sticker.

See less See more
#35 ·
It would make me happy. However, the GM rep I spoke to at the Chicago show said it wasn't happening. We'll see.
This was the last info that I heard, so until a handshaker shows up in the metal, this is a fart in the wind.

A "$2,000-$3,000 premium" over the automatic? SHEESH!! How can GM reconcile this when the stick is cheaper than the auto in the Camaro & Vette?

May as well set it up for failure so they can claim nobody wants a stick in a sports sedan.
I ran across a scan of my GTO's Monroney label a few weeks ago. The manual trans option was a much more reasonable $650, which offset the auto's $1300 gas guzzler tax. If GM wants to use "statistics" to justify auto only SSs, just point to the Charger. A comparable model of car & enthusiasts have been droning on & on to Chrysler for a manual option. Chrysler has stuck to their guns & remained auto only.

I checked Autotrader the other day and there were 815 Chevy SS for sale and most were at a substantial discount. Only 1 private sale used one for $48.5k. Is this a G8 replay?
The only ones I'm seeing are selling at $42K & up. So, still in the ballpark of MSRP is not a "substantial" discount. Unless you count dodging the dealer markup.

#4 · (Edited)
A "$2,000-$3,000 premium" over the automatic? SHEESH!! How can GM reconcile this when the stick is cheaper than the auto in the Camaro & Vette?

May as well set it up for failure so they can claim nobody wants a stick in a sports sedan.

#5 ·
With a $2000 to $3000 premium. Generally, a manual is cheaper than an automatic. Or is this the general price increase for the next model year? To include whatever other upgrades to justify the increase?

If that included the LT-1, I'd order today!

#12 ·
I'll believe it when I see it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a slow news day at AW.

#13 ·
makes me sad i did not buy a G8 and waited as long as i have for chevy to come out with their own overpriced version

#15 ·
2 feet? I'm sure the SS is built in literally the same space, following its Holden bretheren on the assembly line

Reactions: Black AH CDX
#17 ·
I'll wait until GM gets ready to end production in Australia then place my order.... prices should be real fun come 2017 but what can you do. Hard to find a 400+ HP car with manual transmission these days and four doors and an interior that actually can accommodate four people comfortably....

#22 ·
Forget anything about manual transmissions and Magnetic Ride Control... what does the FUTURE (in general) hold for this car? I keep hearing it may be exported to N.A., then I hear it could be 2009 again with the same fate as the Pontiac G8. Seems pretty trite to be putting all these additions and effort to a car that in essense is a clock that's bound to stop ticking.

#28 ·
I'm in....MRC and a manual = mine stupid name or not it's a nice car

Reactions: boblutzfan
#32 ·
I checked Autotrader the other day and there were 815 Chevy SS for sale and most were at a substantial discount. Only 1 private sale used one for $48.5k. Is this a G8
replay?

Reactions: megeebee
#34 ·
LOL! That should add 4 units to the awful monthly sales of this fraud.

Fact - more Chevrolet SS's raced in NASCAR in 2013 than were sold to the public. That is an awful statement of the extent of the deception by Chevrolet on NASCAR - running a car in that sport it didn't sell until October. That is certainly not within the rules - and I wonder who the buyer of the only SS sold in October was? Up to that point that was the ONLY SS sold to the public!

#38 ·
Will they bring the 7-speed manual? Either way - count me in!!! I hate it that the price is going up. The Accord is almost paid for…so I will have a nice downpayment waiting. GM…bring the 7-speed with rev match shifting and this will be perfect!!!

Reactions: DirtyMoney
#42 ·
Next step, 2 less doors and a bed.

Until then I'm back asleep. Zzzzzzzzz…………………….

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.