GM Inside News Forum banner

CAR and DRIVER 2013 Corvette ZR1 vs. 2013 Corvette Z06

13K views 24 replies 24 participants last post by  omico 
#1 ·

#3 ·
I swear that 427 is the sweetest sounding engine period. I'm excited to see the C7 ZR1 match the Ferrari F12 and the Z07 match the 458.

#5 ·
Cobalt, you beat me to it. Listen to the last 20 seconds of that video. THAT is a religious experience. Absolute pure sex. Lord in heaven.....I've been fortunate to be an instructor for a lot of DE (Drivers Ed) track day events, and have driven a lot of awesome cars at speed on track. Ferrari's do indeed have that wonderful SCREAM. But, they are so damn fragile I try to stay away from them because I had two blow up while I was driving with the owner in the passenger seat. Meanwhile, You can't freaking kill a Corvette. The sound of a Z06 being driven hard on a road course is absolutely heaven. I love my Viper, but I do need to brake down and add a Z06 to the garage. Awesome cars.

#8 ·
I'm no GM exec but I can't see the market tolerating "several years" before the "specialized" models make their debut.

We've all gotten used to the presence of both the Z06 and, to a lesser extent, the ZR1 being relatively commonplace when it comes to comparative availability.

Not being rhetorical, how long does it take Porsche to bring the various 911 models to market once the base model is introduced?

#9 ·
I honestly don't believe this will be the case. As the owner of both a ZO6 and a ZR1, I am not at all interested in a base Corvette. At 67 years of age, I don't have years to wait for the C7 ZO6 or ZR1......I cannot imagine that Corvette would kill the ZR1 after 2013, especially when all the others in the world class sports car field are continuing to shoot for more and more hp..

#10 ·
You know you've trumped your competition when they start comparing your models against each other ;)

#13 ·
Do you think people will lament the C6Z or ZR1 10 years from now when the C7 is "old" ?? I never really liked the C5Z and never missed it. But I do think the C6Z looks so good that it will be missed. I'm talking about mainly the appearance..... The present car still looks so good to me. I think I WILL miss it.

#20 ·
It seems likely C7 will launch with a coupe and convertible for 2014, and the higher performance models will come a MY or two later. This is how C6 was.

#22 ·
I wish GM would take the Singray Concept and just call that the next gen Vette, end of story. As for the ZR1 and Z06 Vette comparisons, it's just overkill they are both sledge hammers and I really don't see huge difference. It comes down to preference of forced induction or naturally aspriated, with weight differences and power differences. Both are awesome, they're corvettes what else the hell do I have to say.

#24 ·
Since the C6 I find the whole argument over the Vette interior as overblown. It's somewhere between adequate and appealing, and at the price point, or when viewed in whole with the car it's a bargain.

Since we are comparing to Prosche, let's look at something in the price range of the Vette, a boxter. Have you seen a crappier interior before?
http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/2004-Porsche-Boxster-Pictures-c3386_pi53808#pi36043482

Everything is quite shapeless, there are 6 different colors, textures and styling cues. It's a mess. It is beyond me why consumers bought the first few Boxters at all, the Honda S2000 was as good or better in every category.

#25 ·
I have a C6 and my wife has a Boxster, the Porsche interior is way better. The C6 is an awesome car, but its interior gets beaten on because it is not good. The C5 interior was better than the C6. They actually went backwards. I expect the C7 will have a really good interior, it seems GM/Chevrolet has improved across the whole range when it comes to interiors, the C7 will be part of that. Fingers crossed anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.