Canadian auto sales on track for near record year

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Canadian auto sales on track for near record year

GMI Canada Editor Premium Member ne_one's Avatar
    Thanks

Reuters
    December 3, 2012
    by Scott Deveau

Canadian auto sales are expected to come in just shy of a new record in 2012 after another strong month of sales across the country in November.

Ford Motor Co. of Canada, Ltd. remained the top seller in Canada for the month – and for the year to date – with sales up 7.4% year-over-year. The company said that was driven by a 14% jump in car sales during the month and a 6% rise in truck sales.

General Motors of Canada Ltd. held the number two sales spot in the country during the month, despite a 3.2% decline in sales year over year in November.

Chrysler Canada, however, held the number two sales spot year-to-date after its own November sales improved 4.7% year-over-year.

Ford currently holds a 16.5% market share in Canada year-to-date. Chrysler holds a 14.5% market share, and GM is at 13.5% with one more month of sales to go in the year.

Full article at link.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 calgaryhhr's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Chevy HHR 09 Ford Flex Ltd

Re: Canadian auto sales on track for near record year

What I find really interesting is that Hyundai-Kia in Canada is less than 10,000 units (less than 5%) behind GM for year-to-date sales. GM is at 212,202 while H-K is at 202,260. H-K has been booming in Canada since 2008. I wonder if H-K can surpass GM in Canada next year. If they could put out a compact pickup truck or even a full size pick up the numbers would probably get really close.
    Research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Canada has a healthier economy because their government isn't hostile to oil, gas and coal exploration. Better standard of living and less trade imbalance translates into higher auto sales. In the US, most of the auto sales now are because of need (vehicle age), not due to an increase in discrectionary spending.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Tre-Tre's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EcoBustier69 View Post
    Canada has a healthier economy because their government isn't hostile to oil, gas and coal exploration. Better standard of living and less trade imbalance translates into higher auto sales. In the US, most of the auto sales now are because of need (vehicle age), not due to an increase in discrectionary spending.
    No doubt we do things differently than you guys do. It always helps when you have 300 million population neighbor to the South who buy a lot of our natural resources, as compared to a population of 33 million for Canada an exporter. If we had a real estate and financial industry meltdown like what you had I doubt we would have good economy rolling along either.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information