06 G6 Panoramic Sunroof Maintenance

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 06 G6 Panoramic Sunroof Maintenance

Walking
    Thanks

06 G6 Panoramic Sunroof Maintenance

Hi all
    I have a 06 G6 with the pana roof.
    What things can I do to keep it in good shape....in the form of lubricant, keeping the seals from drying out, etc...

Any sound advice?

Thanks!!

Ken

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: 06 G6 Panoramic Sunroof Maintenance

Well, they do need to have adjustment and tightening every year and half or so, we did that twice in 1 year to our 2005, and then we had the roof replaced just before the warranty ended, I did buy the GM extended warranty and it kind of is "clunking" again like it did before, It the only feature on my G6 that I really have not liked.

Walking
    Thanks

Is there a exploded view diagram available for this?
    My panoramic sunroof lost both pins and I assume a rubber noise quieter from the first full panel (right behind the vent panel).
    I went to my local dealer to get the parts and the parts guy was unable to identify these pieces.
    So I am looking to see anyone knows or has a exploded parts view.

Ken

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goad View Post
    Hi all
    I have a 06 G6 with the pana roof.
    What things can I do to keep it in good shape....in the form of lubricant, keeping the seals from drying out, etc...

Any sound advice?

Thanks!!

Ken

I lube mine about every 3 months on each seal. But funny thing is that i took it in to the dealership yesterday and the 3rd panal hard started to pop up. The mechanic called me from the waiting room to show me how "this is normal for car that has higher milage on them to have them pop up." My milage is only 20500. I told him that they i've been told that they need to be adjusted every 6 months to a year and he said it was the first time he has ever heard of that! After me basically arguing with him he said that he would "try" to adjust it. When i got it back, guess what that 3rd panal was back down and "adjusted". He didn't even apologize to me...then they didn't fix the part of the car that was wrong!!! I don't even feel like taking it back after that bad experience. I'll take it to a different one to see how they are.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    15Soul+ Yellow; 01 PT LTD

Quote Originally Posted by alveress View Post
    I lube mine about every 3 months on each seal. But funny thing is that i took it in to the dealership yesterday and the 3rd panal hard started to pop up. The mechanic called me from the waiting room to show me how "this is normal for car that has higher milage on them to have them pop up." My milage is only 20500. I told him that they i've been told that they need to be adjusted every 6 months to a year and he said it was the first time he has ever heard of that! After me basically arguing with him he said that he would "try" to adjust it. When i got it back, guess what that 3rd panal was back down and "adjusted". He didn't even apologize to me...then they didn't fix the part of the car that was wrong!!! I don't even feel like taking it back after that bad experience. I'll take it to a different one to see how they are.
    Guess your mechanic had a limited attention span.

Not to worry! The fact that you remarked about the problem on GMI should net you a phone call from the chief of Pontiac Division tomorrow morning!

15Soul 13Charger 13Soul 11V6200 07GPGXP 07Spectra 95LHS 04Imp 03Accord 02Regal 02cordV6 01cord 99GolfTDi 98Concorde 97Concorde 97HXCiv 96Concorde 95trep 94Protege 92SHO 93Protege 92P50Taurus

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly. --John F. Kennedy

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information