06 G6 Panoramic Sunroof help

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 06 G6 Panoramic Sunroof help

Walking
    Thanks

06 G6 Panoramic Sunroof help

We bought a sweet 2006 G6 with 38,000 miles and it drives wonerfully.
    But am now having problems with the sunroof.
    It is a panoramic sunroof that the first panel from the front had the "retaining(?)" pins fall out. These are the pins that hold that glass into the track at the back (or the part of the glass/track that goes up. If that makes sense).
    And there are 2 "almost" square rubber parts that is on the track toward the front of the glass track that came out. I am assuming that these are for anti rattle(?).
    I have taken it to 2 dealers in Indy that have been unable to get these parts for me and neither one of them have an exploded parts view or diagram for this sunroof.
    That is so wrong!
    I even called Pontiac and all they would do is referred me to Helm Publications so that i can buy the service manual for $135.
    I've posted this issue before and so far no help in getting closer to identifying these parts.
    Is there anyone out there that can help? Direct me? Guide me? Hehe!
    I am desperate though.......
    Pontiac, are you there?? Any service techs in this forum that can direct, guide or advise me?

Appreciate any feedback or help.

Also, the front brakes sqeak something awful. My wife gets embarrased from it. I plan to replace the pads with ceramic pads myself, and not using GM parts.
    Any feedback on this would be great as well...I am most likely going to buy Wagner pads.

Thanks

Ken

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    15Soul+ Yellow; 01 PT LTD

Re: 06 G6 Panoramic Sunroof help

Colsarn it, sonny, didn't yer pappy warn you 'bout them fancy newfangled gadgets? Eh?!
    Last edited by Neanderthal; 07-30-2008 at 11:53 PM.

15Soul+ 13Charger8A 13Soul 11 200V6 07GPGXP 07Spectra 95LHS 04Imp 03Accord 02Regal 02AccordV6 01Accord 99GolfTDi 98Concorde 97Concorde 97HXCivic5m 96Concorde 95Intrepid 94Protege5m 92SHO5m 93Protege5m 92P50Taurus 91Camry5m

People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives. --Theodore Roosevelt

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Did you try finding one at a junk/salvage yard?? Then take the pieces from it

Walking
    Thanks

Actually, I just got it fixed. Found a dealer that really bent over backwards to help me out.
    Did cost me $150.00 when it was all said and done. Warranty did not cover any of it.

Thanks for your replies!!

Ken

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

Hey Goad,

I have an '06 GTP with the pano roof too. It is going back off lease on Monday (thank the lord!!)

The car is a piece of crap. The roof has been "fixed" twice. It is still very noisy and creaky.

As for the brakes...I had FOUR brake jobs in 50,000 kms - two machined rotors and two sets of new pads. The brakes are just bad - far too soft and tend to warp very easily.

Go to g6ownersclub.com to find out all the horror stories. I think the guys who bought new aftermarket pads and rotors limited the pain.

Sorry for the bad news. G8 GXP is on order - should get it in the spring

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information