GM Inside News Forum banner

06 G6 Panoramic Sunroof help

19K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rwbooth 
#1 ·
We bought a sweet 2006 G6 with 38,000 miles and it drives wonerfully.
But am now having problems with the sunroof.
It is a panoramic sunroof that the first panel from the front had the "retaining(?)" pins fall out. These are the pins that hold that glass into the track at the back (or the part of the glass/track that goes up. If that makes sense).
And there are 2 "almost" square rubber parts that is on the track toward the front of the glass track that came out. I am assuming that these are for anti rattle(?).
I have taken it to 2 dealers in Indy that have been unable to get these parts for me and neither one of them have an exploded parts view or diagram for this sunroof.
That is so wrong!
I even called Pontiac and all they would do is referred me to Helm Publications so that i can buy the service manual for $135.
I've posted this issue before and so far no help in getting closer to identifying these parts.
Is there anyone out there that can help? Direct me? Guide me? Hehe!
I am desperate though.......
Pontiac, are you there?? Any service techs in this forum that can direct, guide or advise me?

Appreciate any feedback or help.

Also, the front brakes sqeak something awful. My wife gets embarrased from it. I plan to replace the pads with ceramic pads myself, and not using GM parts.
Any feedback on this would be great as well...I am most likely going to buy Wagner pads.

Thanks

Ken

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Colsarn it, sonny, didn't yer pappy warn you 'bout them fancy newfangled gadgets? Eh?! :confused:

#5 ·
Hey Goad,

I have an '06 GTP with the pano roof too. It is going back off lease on Monday (thank the lord!!)

The car is a piece of crap. The roof has been "fixed" twice. It is still very noisy and creaky.

As for the brakes...I had FOUR brake jobs in 50,000 kms - two machined rotors and two sets of new pads. The brakes are just bad - far too soft and tend to warp very easily.

Go to g6ownersclub.com to find out all the horror stories. I think the guys who bought new aftermarket pads and rotors limited the pain.

Sorry for the bad news. G8 GXP is on order - should get it in the spring :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.