Pontiac G6 sunroof issues

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pontiac G6 sunroof issues

Walking
    Thanks

Pontiac G6 sunroof issues

I am so very frustrated at this point....
    I have had my new 2006 G6 since 8-10-06. It has been in for service 5 times for the sunroof rattling and the steering being off center. I got it out of service 2 days ago and guess what??? The sunroof is STILL rattling.
    It's one of those fancy 4 way panoramic sunroofs.
    I've called Customer Service and here's what I got:

"Mam, we will make your next car payment for you"...

does that fix the problem? NO.. and besides that I wrote a check for the car!!

then I got this:

"Mam, we will extend your warranty".....

does that fix the problem? NO.

Can this problem be fixed? I don't believe so. How many times do you have to take the car in for service to be taken seriously by PONTIAC???

HELP!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Editor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Pontiac G6 sunroof issues

I know that there is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) out for the Panoramic sunroof that fixes the rattle. I believe it consists of the dealer replacing a decent amount of hardware on the sunroof with updated hardware.

There have been several TSB's for it, but the latest one has shown good results from what I've read. If your dealership has not done that TSB, you should tell them to do so.
    "What's noteworthy about this rumor is that it came from GMInsideNews.com. That in itself gives it a bit more credibility." - Edmund's Insideline, June 21, 2008

E-Mail Me

GMI Staff Member Premium Member shadams's Avatar
    Thanks

I concur with NSAP. To be honest, as you found out, customer assistance is pretty useless for that type of problem, usually its best to call them after you have had an issue, as they really cant make an incompetent tech/dealer any better.

Here are a few situations, if any sound familiar go back to the dealer, or to another one if you are having problems with that one and tell them to refer to bulletin #05-08-67-014C.

Condition #1

Some customers may comment on an itch type noise occurring over bumps. The noise comes from the front area of headliner at the corners where headliner meets the sunroof module, over the driver’s and/or front passenger’s head area.

Condition #2

Some customers may comment on a plastic/metal itch and/or crack/snap type noise that occurs while driving over bumps. This noise comes from across the front edge of the sunroof module. The noise may also sound like it is coming from side or center of the roof as well.

Condition #3

Some customer may comment on wind noise from the front outside of the sunroof module at the leading edge and/or either corner of the seal to the metal roof.
    Last edited by shadams; 11-08-2006 at 06:31 PM.
    "Contrary to common belief, planning is complicated and is not run by complete idiots, so you'll just have to trust that the decisions were made on good information that's not made available to you."

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

We are using Furniture Feet pads to fix the problem. They are used as buffers, this was thought-up by GM engineers that visited us a week ago to deal with that issue.

Walking
    Thanks

Just a file the Lemon Law, and get it over with. Since you wrote a check for the car, they should give your money back or replace it. I filed the lemon law, and it's still in process. So I'm just waiting for a solution, I either want a replacement, not a trade. I've been had my G6 since 1/2006, it's been almost a year. Basically I'm getting in patience when it comes to GM not responding in a timely manner.

Quote Originally Posted by jayoub68
    I am so very frustrated at this point....
    I have had my new 2006 G6 since 8-10-06. It has been in for service 5 times for the sunroof rattling and the steering being off center. I got it out of service 2 days ago and guess what??? The sunroof is STILL rattling.
    It's one of those fancy 4 way panoramic sunroofs.
    I've called Customer Service and here's what I got:

"Mam, we will make your next car payment for you"...

does that fix the problem? NO.. and besides that I wrote a check for the car!!

then I got this:

"Mam, we will extend your warranty".....

does that fix the problem? NO.

Can this problem be fixed? I don't believe so. How many times do you have to take the car in for service to be taken seriously by PONTIAC???

HELP!!!

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information