2010 GMC Terrain engine block hester

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2010 GMC Terrain engine block hester

Walking
    Thanks

2010 GMC Terrain engine block hester

I ordered a 2010 GMC Terrain SLT AWD/3.0 engine from Rimrock Auto Group,Billings,MT to be built the week of 12-14-09. The dealer says an engine block heater is not available on this vehicle. GMC website does not show it as an option. These Suv's are made in Canada and come with engine block heater as stnadard equipment there. Also the Cadillac SRX has the same engine and the block heater is an available option on them for $100.00. Why can't we get it here in Northern Montana where temperature can get to -40 degrees. It is a must here! Did something get overlooked here? They say these engines start good in cold weather,even at that it is very hard on an engine to start them in extreme cold temperature without a heat source.Not every one has heated garage. Is GMC going to provide an engine heater option? Please advise me what can be done for this problem.Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Eulentier's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 2010 GMC Terrain engine block hester

Quote Originally Posted by lawmar View Post
    I ordered a 2010 GMC Terrain SLT AWD/3.0 engine from Rimrock Auto Group,Billings,MT to be built the week of 12-14-09. The dealer says an engine block heater is not available on this vehicle. GMC website does not show it as an option. These Suv's are made in Canada and come with engine block heater as stnadard equipment there. Also the Cadillac SRX has the same engine and the block heater is an available option on them for $100.00. Why can't we get it here in Northern Montana where temperature can get to -40 degrees. It is a must here! Did something get overlooked here? They say these engines start good in cold weather,even at that it is very hard on an engine to start them in extreme cold temperature without a heat source.Not every one has heated garage. Is GMC going to provide an engine heater option? Please advise me what can be done for this problem.Thank you.
    Ask your dealer to look up the GM part number for the engine heater on the SRX and ask them to install it on your Terrain.

You can try checking out http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/ and see if you can find it there. Engine heaters are relatively simple devices and can be fitted to most engines without trouble. If your dealer is uncooperative, you can tell them to install the heater or you'll find another dealer that will. You could also try looking at aftermarket heaters from Summit or JEGS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lawmar View Post
    These Suv's are made in Canada and come with engine block heater as stnadard equipment there.
    Block heaters ahve not been standard in Canada since 2006, they are a 75 buck option on everyone now, that being said everyone we have has a blockheater.....SRX, Equinox, Terrain....check Equinox, same thing.....last I heard they were a 500 buck optin after the fact so why dealers dont do it to start with for 75 is beyond me....
    "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Now show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms."

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 chevydlrmn's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 GMC Sierra All Terrain

I order all of our inventory with them. Even V6 Camaros.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuMaxxSS View Post
    Block heaters ahve not been standard in Canada since 2006, they are a 75 buck option on everyone now, that being said everyone we have has a blockheater.....SRX, Equinox, Terrain....check Equinox, same thing.....last I heard they were a 500 buck optin after the fact so why dealers dont do it to start with for 75 is beyond me....
    Double check your Equinox LS, I don't think there is a block heater option on that one.
    The fastest way to kill a thread is a direct injection of verifiable facts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GMCdriver View Post
    Double check your Equinox LS, I don't think there is a block heater option on that one.
    LOL OH ya the LS, ya we were talking about that the other day, taht is just stupid, there is non on the LS model....that is weird.....

only explanation there is they tried to hit a price point..keep it low
    "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Now show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms."

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information