GM Inside News Forum banner

Shanghai: 2016 Buick Verano Debuts

10K views 62 replies 49 participants last post by  Ambalanche 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The all-new 2016 Buick Verano has been unveiled in China, on the eve of the 2015 Shanghai Auto Show. The new Buick Verano will be launched on the Chinese car market in the second half of the year. It will be positioned between the recently launched new Buick Excelle GT and the aging Buick Regal.
The Verano will be manufactured by the Shanghai-GM joint venture. There will be two four-cylinder petrol engines available: a 118hp 1.5 mated to a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic, and a 170hp 1.5 turbo mated to a seven-speed DCT. Size: 4718/1802/1466, and wheelbase is 2700.
http://www.carnewschina.com/2015/04/19/all-new-2016-buick-verano-debuts-in-shanghai/

Additional Information and Pictures:

Buick reveals new Verano in Shanghai
Apr 20th 2015

The lion's share of the new vehicles being showcased at the Shanghai Motor Show this week may never make their way to US showrooms. But Americans will surely want to note the unveiling of the all-new Buick Verano.

The current compact sedan in the Buick lineup arrived in 2011, and is now preparing to enter its second generation with the model you see here. Details are the only element more scarce than photos (GM has released one thus far), but we can see that the new Verano adopts more dynamic styling than the model it replaces.

CONTINUE AT AUTOBLOG.COM

Images credited to, and courtesy of, AutoBlog.com

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: 2016 Buick Verano Debuts in Shanghai

So this is it hey? I think it looks pretty good in real pictures. If this is the same as we'll be getting I think it lost a lot of it's chunkiness. This seems more fluid or streamlined looking to me. Next we need to see the interior though. :):):)

#23 ·

So this is it hey? I think it looks pretty good in real pictures. If this is the same as we'll be getting I think it lost a lot of it's chunkiness. This seems more fluid or streamlined looking to me. Next we need to see the interior though. :):):)

Something tells me ours will be different. The small wheels are really not helping the overall look.

#7 ·

That's a nice car. I have to admit, I always liked the current Verano but could never get past the chrome "eyebrows" over the tail lights. Funny how a small thing like that can turn you off.

Reactions: Citation84
#8 ·

That's a nice car. I have to admit, I always liked the current Verano but could never get past the chrome "eyebrows" over the tail lights. Funny how a small thing like that can turn you off.
Or as another website coined the phrase "assbrows" and yes they were my least favorite part too. It looks like one feature did carry over though and that is the small window to the front of the doors.

#9 ·

The back is a little droopy, and I feel differently about how the creases/character lines meet on the side depending on the angle. But it looks longer and lower compared to the current one, and I think it's an improvement overall (whether or not we are getting this).

#13 ·

I hate hate hate that decklid! Other than that, from these initial pictures, it looks very nice!

#61 ·

I sure hope that is just a bad picture, because it looks very strange towards the rear. Is it just me or does the rear wheel look smaller??? Must be an effect of the photo.
Yikes that is the worst photo of the bunch. I'm glad we have the others.
And i suspect we will get slightly more upscale looks so it will look a bit more dressed up even in a bad photo.

#22 ·

Better photos

I didn't really like it in the other photos. Looks much better in the Autoblog photos at the link.

Reactions: 1958carnut
#48 ·
I don't see it at all but you're apparently not alone:
http://buickforums.com/forums/threads/39764-Here-it-is!-The-2016-Buick-Verano?p=222177#post222177

Looks OK, I see no Avnir in any part of the design. And Is GM going to put the same Impala/Malibu trunk lid on everything now?
Are you F'n kidding me?! It looks EXACTLY like the Avenir. I thought it WAS the Avenir until I read the article. In all seriousness - didn't Buick say they were taking cues from the Avenir for this new design?! Well. I guess we now know what the actual Avenir (flagship) is going to look like.

#28 ·
I like it a lot. Looks more premium than the current model. Would like to see more pics, especially of the interior.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.