GMI Spies: 2017 Buick LaCrosse on Dealership Lots - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GMI Spies: 2017 Buick LaCrosse on Dealership Lots

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC M7Mayberry's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: GMI Spies: 2017 Buick LaCrosse on Dealership Lots

Regarding costs in the eye of the beholder; A Malibu Premier with a sunroof is $34,500. I "built" a Cadillac ATS with 2.0 engine, manual transmission, Cue, sunroof and extra cost paint for $36,800. A smaller car but to me a better value and more fun to drive.
    2007 Saturn Vue, 5-speed Manual
    1999 Chevy S-10, 5-speed Manual

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Traverse / 2008 Malibu

I saw one when I was in Detroit in July - beautiful looking car. Loved it.

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1993 Holden Calais VPII

If the new Commodore looks like this, I wouldn't even consider it. That is down right ugly. The chrome looks chintzy. The profile from the a pillar back looks like an ovoid accident. The tail lights look like they got 1/2 way through the design and then thought "hang on, we did this on the Aurora". I thought those wheels were off the Suzuki S-Cross.

jmo.
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mikmak For This Useful Post:

cozbyrt (09-06-2016)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevrolet and Dodge

Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    If I was in the market for that size car, I think I would choose the Impala.
    The Impala is a full-size with a huge trunk and several more inches of overall length. Lacrosse is a big mid-size with equivalent passenger volume but a smaller rear end (trunk).

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Sorry, GM, but the Kia Cadenza and Hyundai Azerra have already tried this. You can, and MUST do better. Personally, I wasn't big on the last, or any other Lacrosse, but I don't think this one moves the bar. Missed opportunity, GM, you give us the Avenir concept, then, you produce THIS. Starting to lose my faith. The new Malibu is destined for failure, and so is this Lacrosse. I just hope you sell enough of these that when I'm ready to buy something you'll have something I like. Currently, you are not producing anything compelling enough to induce me to trade in any of my current excellent vehicles. Keep trying, though. I do, however, have my eye on a certain ATS two-door that might just find its way to my garage, since it seems that it might be my last opportunity to buy a GM two-door, rwd coupe with something other than a four banger. I would much prefer a large coupe but since you won't build one, ATS would be my choice over the Vette or Camaro. Rest assured, I won't alienate you as you have kept me mobile for over forty years. I'll buy GM until I die, just won't be buying as often. But I'm only one customer, and most consumers today aren't as "enamoured" with any particular brand as I am, so your uphill battle will only get tougher. You once touted "mark of excellence" as your motto, even when it wasn't totally deserved, but your stronghold on the market kept you relevant. As I 'm sure you are aware, the market is MUCH different, now. You MUST, ABSOLUTELY, MUST produce vehicles that causes double takes, not ones that can be confused with other makes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pont3 For This Useful Post:

mikmak (09-06-2016)

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar bmwboy2007's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a good looking car as is its stablemate Impala. However, if I were in the market for that particular class of car and wanted a US brand, I'd be looking at Dodge Charger or Chysler 300.

I had a White Dodge Charger rental for a couple of weeks.

When people see a white Dodge Charger in their rear view mirror they tend to pull out of your lane and get out of your way, so there's that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bmwboy2007 For This Useful Post:

mikmak (09-06-2016)

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1993 Holden Calais VPII

Quote Originally Posted by bmwboy2007 View Post
    It's a good looking car as is its stablemate Impala. However, if I were in the market for that particular class of car and wanted a US brand, I'd be looking at Dodge Charger or Chysler 300.

I had a White Dodge Charger rental for a couple of weeks.

When people see a white Dodge Charger in their rear view mirror they tend to pull out of your lane and get out of your way, so there's that.
    How does the Charger actually drive? I keep thinking it would be a good choice to bring over here but obviously there's the whole RHD thing...
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Hidden Content

Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

Thanks
    Thanked 3,714 Times in 2,191 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    How does the Charger actually drive? I keep thinking it would be a good choice to bring over here but obviously there's the whole RHD thing...
    I've never driven one, so I only have second hand memories of reviews. I recall reading some full size multi-car shoot-outs when the Impala came out - Impala, Charger, Avalon, etc.. The Charger finished at the bottom and they specifically commented that there was no handling benefit from the rwd. So these are memories from two+ years ago - take it with a grain of salt.....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

mikmak (09-06-2016)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Ambalanche's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Sonoma Red GMC Sierra SLT

Be interesting to see in person, but the rear clip of the car looks like the original LaX to me. And that isn't a good thing...

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,368 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Equinox V6| 2013 Traverse

Kind of sad that now GMi spy shots only come to you from dealer lots.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member NoStopN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 778 Times in 1,063 Posts
    My Ride
    02 Sierra, 69 2500, 01 Saturn

The tail lights look like they got 1/2 way through the design and then thought "hang on, we did this on the Aurora".
    At least the Aurora's tail lights complemented the design of the car. Gen 2 went off course, however.
    Hidden Content

"Don't think of it as a slap. Think of it as a high 5.....for your stupid face." How I Met Your Mother--January 13, 2014

I love you, Dad. 8/25/57-3/28/11

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1999 Ford Fairmont Wagon

It doesn't look bad but it hardly inspiring. Seems to be following Toyotas appliance route. At least the badge has got its colour back. I hope our replacement for the Commodore looks better.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

The Charger, along with the 300 and Challenger, actually drives very well. And I can personally confirm that the V6 models WILL get over 31mpg on the highway, even cruising at 85mph. I wouldn't buy one, though, as they are simply too cheaply made. The materials, while okay looking at first glance, will reveal their inferior quality once you spend some time in the cars.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to pont3 For This Useful Post:

mikmak (09-06-2016)

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy4Life View Post
    I think it's a good looking car. Looks low and lean both in pictures and in person. To me, the DLO and overall shape was "Malibu-esque", and I mean that in a good way.

However, I do think there is some room for improvement. The rear is sleep-inducingly boring, and it doesn't have the famous Buick "Sweepspear" like the current one has. Instead, it has an Impala-like character line running down the side instead. Not a fan of that.

It's also pretty expensive. The White one wasn't even AWD and didn't even have things like navigation or an upgraded sound system or uplevel rims, yet was still $45,000+. Granted we now live in a world where $45,000 really isn't as much as it used to be, but still, I can't help but think that this car is a bit overpriced for what you get. You do get a lot, don't get me wrong, but it ain't cheap at the end of the day. But if Buick wants to move upmarket, then I suppose the pricing is fine for now. Still though, $45,000+ for a car that's still missing a few things. Ouch.

Will it sell well? I don't know. It's a fairly good looking car, but not a standout IMHO. I'm sure it's plenty roomy and the interior is a nice place to be, but is the car attractive enough or is the interior good enough to get people to plunk down money on it? We'll see.

If I were to guess, I think it won't sell quite as well as the outgoing LaCrosse, but it won't be a failure by any stretch of the imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    I thought the same thing this weekend while looking over a couple of 2LTZ trim ones. They stickered for over $41,000. For an Impala OUCH.

Don't worry fellas, I'm confident a 20% off sale is on the horizon!

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) F14CRAZY's Avatar
    Thanks

The rear looks like a cross between the W body LaCrosse and Lucerne
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 197k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 102k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455-4/7.5L. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday. Wife's: '07 Subaru Forester XT. World Rally Blue Mica.

'87 BMW K75c. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV.

23. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information