GMI Exclusive: Preliminary Buick Verano Details Leaked - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: GMI Exclusive: Preliminary Buick Verano Details Leaked

Thanks
    My Ride
    Buick Verano 2012 Onyx Black

Re: Survey sent to Buick dealers outlines equipment/pricing of compact car

Why does it say "potential new addition to the Buick portfolio"? This vehicle has already been announced, it's coming, it's up on their website.

Aside from that, I really like this car and hope it's very successful for Buick. I do wish they consider selling other variants of the car (as well as the Cruze) here in NA, such as the 5-door hatch and 3-door. Have you seen the Opel GTC concept that would be the 3-door Buick? It's KILLER! I would dump my Cobalt SS in a heartbeat for it or the Cruze hatch that was shown in Paris. It's a shame that GM here in NA says they are going after younger buyers, such as myself (33), yet they won't offer the products younger buyers are looking for here.

In the current GM line up, there are no models in my price range and taste that I would consider buying to replace my Cobalt. No compact coupe or hatch. I do not want an Aveo or Spark and cannot afford to move up to the Camaro (although I'm dying for one). Hopefully GM will reconsider the move to not offer stylish coupes, hatches and wagons in NA, otherwise they will be alienating the very customers they claim to be trying to win over.
    Last edited by jm5877; 12-02-2010 at 01:59 PM.
    Currently Own:
    2012 Buick Verano Leather Group (Onyx Black)

Previously Owned:
    2008 Cadillac CTS4 w/1SB (Black Raven)
    2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Coupe (Black)
    1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass GLS (Black)
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe (Black)
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe (Black)
    1993 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe (Black)
    1983 Chevrolet Malibu Wagon (Black)
    1991 Chevrolet Cavalier RS Coupe (White)
    1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS (Silver)
    1984 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe (White)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Survey sent to Buick dealers outlines equipment/pricing of Verano compact car

I'm very interested to learn more about the connected color radio.

What I think this means is that you can have a NAV screen without NAV and synch your own GPS to it. Similar to what the Regal does now.
    Mercedes: Irrellevant in todays market.

"I would never consider owning a Buick because of the sheer stigma of owning a Buick, no matter how good they got;"
    -Mgescuro the follower.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member vanshmack's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Survey sent to Buick dealers outlines equipment/pricing of Verano compact car

Too bad there's no LNF step-up motor.
    2006 Impala SS: 245,000 miles and counting
    2002 Camaro Z28 (M6) --Click for Info; 484 RWHP/418 RWTQ. LQ4 block, LS3 heads and intake, lots of other stuff, too.
    2009 Saturn VUE XE AWD

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt Blue Topaz

If they are using the 2.4 they should also add e-assist. That would make this car awsome and fuel efficient.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 neshapop's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Buick Regal Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng View Post
    If they are using the 2.4 they should also add e-assist. That would make this car awsome and fuel efficient.
    So 2.4 SIDI is standard for Verano and Regal and LaCrosse? So what is the point of Regal in this line up?

Hopefully the pricing is the same for Canada not marked up 15-20%. I like the prospects of Verano, but the name (again and again) SUCKS!

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

eAssist should def. be in the Verano.

Banned
    Thanks

They should drop cloth for leatherette. This is Buick after all. e assist and a v6 for regal should be considered.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 calgaryhhr's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    06 Chevy HHR 09 Ford Flex Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    They should drop cloth for leatherette. This is Buick after all. e assist and a v6 for regal should be considered.
    In a vehicle like this premium cloth seats are as good, if not a better, option as leather.

For the love of god, GM please make heated seats available with the cloth instead of having to upgrade to leather.
    Research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.

Thanks

Re: Survey sent to Buick dealers outlines equipment/pricing of compact car

Quote Originally Posted by Ambalanche View Post
    I know many of you will disagree with me, but I think if this is supposed to be a PREMIUM compact from Buick it should start out with the 1SG at the very least! I saw no mention of HID's like in the picture, are they going to be standard?, doubtful. Other than sheet metal and interior styling preferences, I can't see why anyone would want this over a similarly equiped Cruze other than it being a little quicker. We'll see...
    This survey could be to gauge how low of a price a "premium" sedan should be priced, and perceived by the public.

These four option packages could very well shrink from four down to just two.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC ScottieDogFLA's Avatar
    Thanks

I see a lot of problems ahead for the saleability of this car:
    #1. I agree; cloth seats should not even be an offering, let alone the standard one.
    #2. Price-point seems to overlap a number of American models, so this had better be a great looking, well equipt car. Well equipt Verano's creep up to Regal price levels.
    #3. Are the public that much more interested in buying the Buick versus the Chevy model upon which it is based? This still smacks too much of brand-engineering.
    #4. Where'd they come up with such a lame name? Sounds like a version of "Murano" or something. If they could reach back and put the Regal name back on a nice vehicle, why not something like "Skylark" or something? It's going to take a whole lot more than the typical smoke-and-mirrors TV ad campaign to convince people that this Verano thing is worth the money.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 neshapop's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Buick Regal Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    If the cloth is good as the one in LaCrosse I am OK with it however for Canada is better for cold winters AND hot summers. Some people hate mouse fur cloth but I hate plastic potato/onion sack cloth like in Mazda 3 or base G8.

Thanks

Who said they had to be HID? MY Astra has H4 projector beams that look exactly like the one in this Verano. They are by far the best headlight beam pattern I have ever had. No one flashes me. The Astra also has rain sensing windshield wipers, which are utterly fantastic. Not available on the Regal, sadly, but hopefully on the Verano. A dumb name for such a really handsome Buick. These cars are all Opel designs, which were at the top of the European market when they were designed. The Verano IS the latest Astra, even though the sedan is not among the European model line. I would love to be able to have the entire 2011 Astra line here as a new Buick, but you know, they wouldn't be cost effective.
    2008 Astra XR 3dr Salsa Red

Next car Buick Regal RL6

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'00 Ford Ranger

LaCrosse's cloth seats are actually fairly decent, so I really would not mind them being in Verano.

The only thing that surprises me is what someone previously mentioned, the lack of the 1.6T. Maybe it'll be an optional engine?

I am glad to see that the base engine is better than the Cruze's.

Proud to drive American. Proud to drive GM.
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    4.2L Vortec 4200 I-6
    Airaid CAI, Gibson Catback Performance Exhaust

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

I agree with some other posters that Buick should not offer anything below the 1 SG trim. I have mixed feelings about offering cloth at any level as it detracts from the upscale nature of the car, but at the same time, some people who want an upscale car simply do not like leather. I think cloth should only be offered on the lowest trim level, if at all. GM needs to look at Buick as something in between VW and Audi, as opposed to treating it like dressed up Chevies. As such, it needs Audi-like trim levels at slightly lower prices. There should be no such thing as a "cheap" or "low end" buick. All Buicks should come with a generous list of features, esp regarding appearance features. Every Buick should look the part of a near-lux car. Cheap looking cars=cheap brand.

I second the call for eAssist. All Buicks should get eAssist, IMO. It can become a brand trademark. (Note that I am not suggesting that ONLY Buicks get eAssist -- other brands can use it, as well, but not necessarily in every product needs it at this point in time).

I also second the call for an LNF engine as an option. This is a must-have option for an uplevel brand like Buick, preferably in a GS version!

For those who say "why would anyone buy this over a Cruze?": Buick is obviously not the brand for you. People will pay more for Buicks (hopefully) for the same reasons that people pay more for Audis than VWs -- brand prestige (and options, amenities, etc.) If they won't, then there is no place for Buick in NA GM.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Interesting that 2.4L as a base engine! Now they need to offer that 255HP 2.0T as the Verano GS! Then drop in the new upcoming 325+HP 3.0T in the Regal as a (TRUE) AWD GS model! I still think a nice 160+HP 2.0L DI I4 could be used as a base Verano engine and the turbo 220HP version could be the base Regal engine and opt in the Verano. Then use the 260HP 3.0L V6 as an opt mid range engine in the Regal.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information