GM Reveals 2018 Buick Enclave

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GM Reveals 2018 Buick Enclave

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,638 Times in 1,091 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'07 Ford F-150

GM Reveals 2018 Buick Enclave

First-Ever Enclave Avenir Offers Progressive, Family-Oriented Luxury
    Enclave ushers in the arrival of Buick’s new luxury sub-brand
    General Motors

April 11, 2017

NEW YORK — Debuting with the 2018 Buick Enclave, the new Avenir sub-brand represents the highest expression of Buick luxury. Avenir offers unique styling cues and an extensive set of standard features and premium materials throughout the vehicle. New and versatile functionality, interior spaciousness, and intuitive technologies build on the Enclave’s established popularity.

Smart innovation and style come standard on the 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir. Buick-first Evonik Acrylite exterior lighting illuminates the road ahead with the power of more than 100 LEDs across the vehicle. A Rear Camera Mirror provides a clearer, broader view of what’s behind. And in-vehicle ionization leaves the air cleaner and fresher. It’s all packaged within an elegant design that combines concept car inspiration with improved interior luxury amenities and roominess for up to seven passengers.

“The Enclave has been a successful formula for the Buick brand, with sales results that have defied traditional product cycles, and 90 percent of customers purchasing in the top two trim levels,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global Buick and GMC. “It’s a beacon for the modern, attainable luxury Buick stands for and is a natural place to launch Avenir.”

Enclave Avenir highlights
    • Avenir model comes standard with extensive active safety, connectivity and luxury features for a simple and convenient buying experience.
    • It has an all-new body structure for safety, strength and mass efficiency, plus 17 radar, camera and ultrasonic sensors when fully equipped.
    • It accommodates seven passengers comfortably and offers more cargo volume behind the first row than the Acura MDX, Audi Q7 and Infiniti QX60.
    • Standard hands-free power-programmable liftgate with a Buick tri-shield logo illuminates the ground below the hidden sensor and power-folding third row.
    • Avenir-exclusive 3-dimensional mesh grille, badging, pearl nickel 20-inch aluminum wheels and luxurious interior materials are standard.
    • Buick-first Rear Camera Mirror is standard on Avenir.
    • Buick-first Evonik Acrylite lighting technology provides a distinctive light signature.
    • Tow capacity of up to 5,000 pounds is more than enough to tow a typical 21-foot sport boat.
    • A standard 3.6L V-6 engine with stop/start technology, Buick-estimated 302 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque is paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission.
    • Standard five-link rear suspension and available continuously variable real-time damping (CDC) offer a refined, isolated ride.
    • Available intelligent AWD with active twin-clutch rear differential and Buick-first switchable AWD help improve control and efficiency.

Avenir: Buick’s highest expression of exclusive style, inclusive luxury

All Avenir models will feature an exclusive 3-dimensional mesh grille paired with chrome wings inspired by Buick concept cars. Additional Enclave Avenir notable styling cues include 20-inch, six-spoke wheels with a pearl nickel finish; five premium exterior colors; an Avenir Chestnut and Ebony interior with piping on the seats and contrasting stitching; embroidered first-row headrests; Avenir floor-mats; a wood-accented steering wheel; and bold Avenir-scripted sill plates on all four doors.

A wide array of advanced technologies and interior features emphasizing premium comfort and inclusive luxury comes standard in the Enclave Avenir, including heated and ventilated front seats; heated second-row seats; navigation; wireless charging; a dual moonroof; an 8-inch diagonal reconfigurable cluster display; a 360-degree surround vision camera system for easier parking; and a rear camera mirror that can function as a traditional mirror or as a camera, eliminating obstructions such as heads and headrests while expanding the rear field of vision by an estimated 300 percent.

Available adaptive cruise control and full speed Forward Automatic Braking offer customers even more safety feature options, and a premium suspension with continuously variable real-time damping (CDC) provides a smooth, comfortable ride, with enhanced body control and handling in Sport mode.

“This is a vehicle intended for Buick customers who demand the best and the latest our brand has to offer,” said Aldred.

Elegant design and functionality define the all-new Buick Enclave

The Enclave’s new design architecture enables a balanced, athletic appearance. New proportions give it a sleeker look with aerodynamic benefits for efficiency. The roofline is lower, the windshield is sharper and the wheelbase is extended, giving the vehicle a more dramatic stance. Its sculpted body creates a windswept appearance. Its interior is inviting and harmonious.

Extensive use of LEDs is integrated into Buick’s first application of Evonik Acrylite technology and bi-functional LED projector headlamps and LED tail lamps. The technology’s compound curvature application creates a smooth, uniform and recognizable appearance that will make the Enclave stand out on the road. IntelliBeam headlamps also allow drivers to experience better road illumination and improved visibility without having to manually switch the high beams on and off.

A significantly enhanced suite of available advanced safety technologies is engineered to help drivers monitor their surroundings and feel confident when behind the wheel. Standard safety equipment on all 2018 Enclaves includes a rear vision camera, rear park assist and seven air bags, including a front center side airbag. Among the available crash-avoidance technologies are rear cross traffic alert, front pedestrian braking, lane keep assist with lane departure warning, safety alert seat and surround vision.

Having leveraged the first-generation Enclave as a benchmark for quietness, the 2018 Enclave cabin is engineered to further minimize unwanted interior noise through its honed exterior shapes, sealing and sound-deadening acoustics and strategic use of materials throughout. QuietTuning and active noise cancellation enhancements help to reduce, block and absorb noise, keeping it from entering the cabin. A 10-speaker Bose Premium sound system with new components, new tuning and a redesigned bass enclosure further enhances the sound experience.

Another lifestyle-enhancing feature in the Enclave interior is an air ionizer that eliminates odors and provides higher air quality. It works by producing negatively charged particles that attract air-borne contaminants and break down their structure, cleaning the cabin air. The ionizer can help address external and internal odors and reduce bacteria, viruses, dust, debris and pollen, while also helping improve driver alertness. It requires no maintenance or filter replacement.

Enclave’s interior has flexible cargo solutions for large and small items. The vehicle has 10 percent more cubic feet of overall interior space when including the hidden underfloor storage, and 23.6 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row. Other space enhancements include a 10-inch-deep dry underfloor storage with 3.1 cubic feet of space.

Second- and third-row seating fold flat to create a wide, nearly-flat load floor. A power-folding third row makes reconfiguring more convenient, while second-row SmartSlide Seats provide easy access to the third row. On the passenger side, the SmartSlide seat provides pitch slide functionality to allow access even with an empty forward-facing child seat installed (using the LATCH system).

Additional standard equipment on every 2018 Enclave includes keyless entry and push-button start, a hands-free power-programmable liftgate with a Buick tri-shield logo illuminating the ground below the hidden sensor, tri-zone automatic climate control, universal home remote and more.

Every Enclave also comes equipped with an OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot (AT&T data plan purchase required after limited data trial period) and five years of the OnStar Basic Plan[1] at no additional cost. Among other benefits like an industry-leading myBuick app, this connectivity plan features OnStar Smart Driver, an opt-in service designed to help Buick owners maximize their vehicle’s overall performance and become better drivers.

A frameless 8-inch diagonal infotainment system with Teen Driver, Rear Seat Reminder[2], and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility is standard. Every Enclave features Rear Seat Reminder2, an industry-first feature designed to remind drivers to check the back seat as they exit their vehicles under certain circumstances.

The Enclave will continue to be manufactured in Lansing, Michigan, and goes on sale in the fall of 2017. Pricing and other details will be announced later this year.

Buick is positioned to carry its momentum through 2017 and beyond. By the end of the decade, the brand will launch at least a dozen new or updated models globally, not including models from the Avenir luxury sub-brand. The 2018 Enclave is the seventh new Buick model introduced in less than two years.

Photography

Hidden Content
    Proud to drive American. Proud to drive GM.
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    4.2L Vortec 4200 I-6
    Airaid CAI, Gibson Catback Performance Exhaust

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FenwickHockey65 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (04-11-2017),BlackGTP (04-11-2017),Cobaltss_King (04-11-2017),Extreme4x4 (04-11-2017),jzchev28 (04-12-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    2002 Buick Park Avenue

Re: GM Reveals 2018 Buick Enclave

I watched the reveal and was pretty let down with the styling from the b-pilar back. I really like the interior and like the way that it's got a family resemblance, but has different shapes and styles happening too.
    It'll be interesting to get the info and pictures of the lower-trim Enclaves.
    Also, a mandatory note of wishing death upon the floating d-pilar look.

Edit: I was also let down by the rims that are exclusive to the Avenir trim. They're pretty dowdy for the top-lux level.
    Last edited by 96RIV; 04-11-2017 at 06:55 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Present Ride: 2002 Buick Park Avenue, 217,800 Miles

Past Rides:
    1996 Buick Riviera, 188,800 Miles
    1995 Pontiac Trans Sport 210,000 Miles

Buick, The American Riviera.
    Updated: 4-3-2017

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 96RIV For This Useful Post:

91fairladyZ (04-11-2017),DirtyMoney (04-11-2017),RedSkyBlackDream (04-11-2017),Z Fury (04-12-2017)

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 91fairladyZ's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 GMC Acadia SLT2 Silver

The rims on the Enclave and the Regal are a letdown for me. The Enclave is more of a double or triple and not a home run. i think they could have gone a bit further to try and push as a true competitor for Audi and Lexus. As it is now, it looks like a solid MDX competitor.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 91fairladyZ For This Useful Post:

RedSkyBlackDream (04-11-2017)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    04 Canyon Z71 / 08 Accord V6

Thanks
    My Ride
    Ford Explorer/2002/Green

I was not able to see the reveal. I will say that I am pleased with the introduction of a new Enclave, but the side view looks like the current Traverse. I honestly am hoping for better pictures and wheels. I prefer the waterfall grille.
    6 speed transmissions are the future

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,638 Times in 1,091 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'07 Ford F-150

The non-Avenir has a waterfall grille. In fact besides wheels and a nicer interior that's really the only discernible difference I can see.
    Hidden Content
    Proud to drive American. Proud to drive GM.
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    4.2L Vortec 4200 I-6
    Airaid CAI, Gibson Catback Performance Exhaust

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FenwickHockey65 For This Useful Post:

RedSkyBlackDream (04-11-2017)

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,467 Times in 999 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

I like it and think it looks good, 'bout the only thing I can find to complain about so far are these wheels that remind me of the ones on a Chevy Cruze. They look nice but that's what comes to mind when I see them.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Premium Member CaddyLac10's Avatar
    Thanks

I need to see a video to make final judgment.

Apparently, the Elmiraj's grill didn't go to waste.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar PHAT-JAY's Avatar
    Thanks

Executives at Buick.....

Hey guys, and gals lets make everything we produce look just like the Avenir, and Avista that everyone loved so much, just to tease everyone because we can!

For the life of me I cannot figure out why not just build the Avenir, and Avista instead of stripping their styling cues across the Brand.

What a waste!
    IF IT AINT RWD; AND A CHEVY I DONT RIDE IT!!!!!

ALL CHEVY'S NEED TO BE RWD!!!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PHAT-JAY For This Useful Post:

Al63240 (04-11-2017)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Extreme4x4's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 1,039 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport

To me, it looks like a LaCrosse CUV.

It looks nice. I like the interior, but imagine the lower trims will not be as nice. Pricing will be the interesting part.
    The resident "girl"

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Extreme4x4 For This Useful Post:

96RIV (04-12-2017),RedSkyBlackDream (04-11-2017)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Meh, I think this is a step back execution-wise compared to how good the first gen was for 2007.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birdsvsworms88 For This Useful Post:

DirtyMoney (04-11-2017),RedSkyBlackDream (04-11-2017)

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Evo69's Avatar
    Thanks

Eh, though the Enclave Avenir looks fancier I like the regular Enclave more. A good update for one of Buick's best selling vehicle. The interior is quite sweeping and attractive.
    Hidden Content
    I find it sad that some people wish for GM to fail and can't comprehend any good news. A plausible explanation for this kind of behavior is that you have a miserable life so you wish the same to others. Cory Pham, Autoblog Poster

GM must return its divisions to being interdependent entities within the corporation. Decentralize and free the different divisions talents to foster brand differentiation and customer loyalty.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 817 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 GMC Sierra

Buick hit the mark. The current Enclave was near perfect in design, and this is a GREAT evolution of the styling language.

GM will not be able to make them fast enough.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to EJD1984 For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (04-11-2017),BlackGTP (04-11-2017),Caddyguy57 (04-11-2017),Evo69 (04-11-2017),SKH (04-11-2017),SRFCTY (04-12-2017),usa1 (04-12-2017)

SKH
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,509 Times in 1,039 Posts
    My Ride
    LR4 HSE LE Black 2012

I think a black Enclave Avenir with a really stunning 21" or 22" rim would look fantastic. Overall it's a very nice update which should translate into an uptick in sales, and although it doesn't compete directly with the Q7, this is much better looking imo. The new Q7 is a giant snooze fest.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to SKH For This Useful Post:

wallus13 (04-11-2017)

Thanks
    My Ride
    Chevrolet Malibu/2016/Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by EJD1984 View Post
    Buick hit the mark. The current Enclave was near perfect in design, and this is a GREAT evolution of the styling language.

They will not be able to make them fast enough.
    Exactly.

27. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information