8 Things You Didnít Know About the Chinese-Spec 2017 Buick LaCrosse

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: 8 Things You Didnít Know About the Chinese-Spec 2017 Buick LaCrosse

  1. #1
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,545
    Thanks
    2,702
    Thanked 4,087 Times in 2,358 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    8 Things You Didnít Know About the Chinese-Spec 2017 Buick LaCrosse

    8 Things You Didnít Know About the Chinese-Spec 2017 Buick LaCrosse
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos...rtandhp#page=1

    August 18, 2016
    By Zach Gale



    A super-luxurious version of the 2017 Buick LaCrosse existsójust not in the U.S. The automaker's popularity in China helps justify market-specific changes, as luxury car buyers there have different priorities. After driving the new LaCrosse recently, I learned about how the Chinese model differs from the U.S. car.


    Keep reading for more on the Chinese-spec 2017 Buick LaCrosse, and ask yourself: How many of these features would you be willing to pay for?

    Article continues at link

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

    2b2 (09-04-2016),samesun (09-05-2016),t-rexx (09-04-2016),Ute (09-04-2016)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  4. #2
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,545
    Thanks
    2,702
    Thanked 4,087 Times in 2,358 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: 8 Things You Didnít Know About the Chinese-Spec 2017 Buick LaCrosse

    Some of that stuff might be a benefit in the USA, such as the suede headliner as an options. While nice, I doubt the rear seat luxuries will make much of an impact to sales in the USA, doubt many people will care.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

    mbukukanyau (09-05-2016),samesun (09-05-2016)

  6. #3
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid sfbreh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,292
    Thanks
    6,455
    Thanked 6,812 Times in 4,775 Posts

    Re: 8 Things You Didnít Know About the Chinese-Spec 2017 Buick LaCrosse

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Some of that stuff might be a benefit in the USA, such as the suede headliner as an options. While nice, I doubt the rear seat luxuries will make much of an impact to sales in the USA, doubt many people will care.
    Would still be awesome, though. Not sure why they wouldn't bring all these goodies to the US and the requisite y no Cadillac, yada yada.

    Buick could be an interesting luxury brand if GM really tried, particularly on unique products like LaX. I'd be okay if Buick focused on creating really "flagship" quality mainstream cars at the top of their lineup like LaCrosse and Enclave in lieu of low volume flagships.

    Think Volvo and their Excellence cars.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sfbreh For This Useful Post:

    BlackGTP (09-04-2016),mbukukanyau (09-05-2016),Neanderthal (09-04-2016)

  8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  9. #4
    Ute
    Ute is offline
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Saint-Petersburg, Russia
    Posts
    925
    Thanks
    1,159
    Thanked 369 Times in 218 Posts

    Re: 8 Things You Didnít Know About the Chinese-Spec 2017 Buick LaCrosse

    Hidden Content

    Current car: Subaru Outback 3.0R 2008 MY

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ute For This Useful Post:

    Envoy4Life (09-07-2016),samesun (09-05-2016)

  11. #5
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    A sunny cave in Transylvania
    Posts
    29,488
    Thanks
    4,713
    Thanked 3,289 Times in 2,331 Posts
    My Ride
    17 GMC Terrain; 01 PT LTD

    Re: 8 Things You Didnít Know About the Chinese-Spec 2017 Buick LaCrosse

    #1. I didn't know it existed.

    Nice car. I definitely like the saddle leather. Christ, I am so damn sick of black, light black, dark black, medium black, dark grey, grey gray, etc. interiors. WTF is wrong with almost everybody?

    And a nice, non-black non-grey interior should be available on other than just the top models.

    Now, if one of youse guys will volunteer to drive me around in this for a couple of years, I'd be willing to be a test subject.
    Last edited by Neanderthal; 09-04-2016 at 08:04 PM.
    2017 GMC Terrain

    I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did. Yogi Berra
    Half the lies they tell about me aren't true. Yogi Berra

    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

    chinamonty (09-07-2016),richmond2000 (09-05-2016),t-rexx (09-04-2016)

  13. #6
    6.0 Liter L76 V8 Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dallas. Texas
    Posts
    2,339
    Thanks
    1,748
    Thanked 459 Times in 270 Posts

    Re: 8 Things You Didnít Know About the Chinese-Spec 2017 Buick LaCrosse

    Buick needs to continue to offer that bang for your buck luxury. Staying in the 30-45k range is a must. For sedans that's the sweet spot in the way of sales.
    "More powerful, quicker and outright faster than a comparable BMW, Cadillacís newest model is the best reason to skip the letter M and head all the way down the alphabet to V."
    Current rides: Modded 08' Sunburst Orange Cobalt SS/TC
    15' Cadillac XTS V-Sport
    07' Mazda RX8 Manual (It fell into my lap)

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobaltss_King For This Useful Post:

    Evo69 (09-05-2016),Neanderthal (09-04-2016)

  15. #7
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    4,943
    Thanks
    6,016
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 1,002 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

    Re: 8 Things You Didnít Know About the Chinese-Spec 2017 Buick LaCrosse

    Things I'd like to see would be the massaging rear seats and other rear seat amenities plus more color for the interior as well as the exterior. Like Neanderthal says black more black and gray and more gray have really become old in a hurry. The suede would be nice too. Judas Priest man.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

    Neanderthal (09-04-2016)

  17. #8
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC t-rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    436
    Thanks
    747
    Thanked 399 Times in 183 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 Jaguar XF

    Re: 8 Things You Didnít Know About the Chinese-Spec 2017 Buick LaCrosse

    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    #1. I didn't know it existed.

    Nice car. I definitely like the saddle leather. Christ, I am so damn sick of black, light black, dark black, medium black, dark grey, grey gray, etc. interiors. WTF is wrong with almost everybody?

    And a nice, non-black non-grey interior should be available on other than just the top models.

    Now, if one of youse guys will volunteer to drive me around in this for a couple of years, I'd be willing to be a test subject.
    Remember the mid-70s when GM offered around TEN interior colors?

    Tan, brown, wine, red, light blue, dark blue, light green dark green, light gray, dark gray, black, white...

  18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to t-rexx For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (09-05-2016),2b2 (09-04-2016),GMTruckGuy74 (09-07-2016),kmacleod (09-05-2016),Neanderthal (09-04-2016),rockyspaw (09-05-2016)

  19. #9
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid sfbreh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,292
    Thanks
    6,455
    Thanked 6,812 Times in 4,775 Posts

    Re: 8 Things You Didnít Know About the Chinese-Spec 2017 Buick LaCrosse

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltss_King View Post
    Buick needs to continue to offer that bang for your buck luxury. Staying in the 30-45k range is a must. For sedans that's the sweet spot in the way of sales.
    You could easily stay under $60k and offer all of those amenities in a cheaper, less obvious package than a CT6. What are you really adding that you don't already have? Heated and cooled, massaging and reclining rear seats with a console, a suede headliner, and a couple new interior colors?

    The headliner is $3k for an Audi, and you can get at least reclining seats in the S-Class for $1,500 with a packaging bumping it up to $2,500 or so where everything you touch is heated.

    So, for two options you already offer elsewhere totaling no more than $5,500, you can seriously boost the US LaCrosse out of the cold expanse of old man territory and into the warm, loving embrace of favorable press and bigger margins.

    Call it $56,000 and you're selling a fully loaded LaX for the starting price of a CT6 with the same three basic interior schemes.

    I'd say undercutting CT6 by $30,000 is still pretty good bang for your buck. I highly doubt there'd be a lot of cross-shopping in the first place, and from that I think you'd be doing more to boost Buick for Buick lovers and lifting Buick and Buick prices up with more of a Lincoln or even GMC-type model that favors your higher end, more heavily-equipped models.

    Now here's an even crazier idea: toss the seat package into ALL trims (maybe coupled with a leather package in leatherette trims). Under $40k and you still get the heavy-hitting passenger amenities of a car twice the price.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sfbreh For This Useful Post:

    2b2 (09-04-2016),Neanderthal (09-04-2016),samesun (09-05-2016)

  21. #10
    GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Australia
    Posts
    17,629
    Thanks
    915
    Thanked 624 Times in 475 Posts
    My Ride
    1993 Holden Calais VPII

    Re: 8 Things You Didnít Know About the Chinese-Spec 2017 Buick LaCrosse

    Gah I still can't stand the shape of this car. The interior looks great, but outside still looks like a deboned catfish. I do like the colour of the interior though and would like to see some colour. A nice blue or green would go a long way if it compliemented an exterior colour other than white, beige or silver.

    [edit] I just went to their website and the changling colour render looks awful. WTH? http://www.buick.com/sedans/lacrosse...ury-sedan.html [/edit]
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

    Hidden Content

    Follow me on Hidden Content
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! Hidden Content

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikmak For This Useful Post:

    jalberda (09-05-2016),t-rexx (09-05-2016)

  23. #11
    4.6 Liter Northstar V8 96RIV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 333 Times in 163 Posts
    My Ride
    2002 Buick Park Avenue

    Re: 8 Things You Didnít Know About the Chinese-Spec 2017 Buick LaCrosse

    Quote Originally Posted by Ute View Post
    Daddy likey!
    Hidden Content
    Present Ride: 2002 Buick Park Avenue, 217,800 Miles

    Past Rides:
    1996 Buick Riviera, 188,800 Miles
    1995 Pontiac Trans Sport 210,000 Miles

    Buick, The American Riviera.
    Updated: 4-3-2017

  24. #12
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    A sunny cave in Transylvania
    Posts
    29,488
    Thanks
    4,713
    Thanked 3,289 Times in 2,331 Posts
    My Ride
    17 GMC Terrain; 01 PT LTD

    Re: 8 Things You Didnít Know About the Chinese-Spec 2017 Buick LaCrosse

    Quote Originally Posted by t-rexx View Post
    Remember the mid-70s when GM offered around TEN interior colors?

    Tan, brown, wine, red, light blue, dark blue, light green dark green, light gray, dark gray, black, white...
    That was a bolder, and pardon the expression but less hide-bound GM, by a long shot. The mo seems to have gone from their mojo.
    2017 GMC Terrain

    I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did. Yogi Berra
    Half the lies they tell about me aren't true. Yogi Berra

    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

    t-rexx (09-05-2016)

  26. #13
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    A sunny cave in Transylvania
    Posts
    29,488
    Thanks
    4,713
    Thanked 3,289 Times in 2,331 Posts
    My Ride
    17 GMC Terrain; 01 PT LTD

    Re: 8 Things You Didnít Know About the Chinese-Spec 2017 Buick LaCrosse

    Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    You could easily stay under $60k and offer all of those amenities in a cheaper, less obvious package than a CT6. What are you really adding that you don't already have? Heated and cooled, massaging and reclining rear seats with a console, a suede headliner, and a couple new interior colors?

    The headliner is $3k for an Audi, and you can get at least reclining seats in the S-Class for $1,500 with a packaging bumping it up to $2,500 or so where everything you touch is heated.

    So, for two options you already offer elsewhere totaling no more than $5,500, you can seriously boost the US LaCrosse out of the cold expanse of old man territory and into the warm, loving embrace of favorable press and bigger margins.

    Call it $56,000 and you're selling a fully loaded LaX for the starting price of a CT6 with the same three basic interior schemes.

    I'd say undercutting CT6 by $30,000 is still pretty good bang for your buck. I highly doubt there'd be a lot of cross-shopping in the first place, and from that I think you'd be doing more to boost Buick for Buick lovers and lifting Buick and Buick prices up with more of a Lincoln or even GMC-type model that favors your higher end, more heavily-equipped models.

    Now here's an even crazier idea: toss the seat package into ALL trims (maybe coupled with a leather package in leatherette trims). Under $40k and you still get the heavy-hitting passenger amenities of a car twice the price.
    Keep talking like that and you'll be sent to SoHo to do 30 days hard time in a coffee shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikmak View Post
    Gah I still can't stand the shape of this car. The interior looks great, but outside still looks like a deboned catfish. I do like the colour of the interior though and would like to see some colour. A nice blue or green would go a long way if it compliemented an exterior colour other than white, beige or silver.

    [edit] I just went to their website and the changling colour render looks awful. WTH? http://www.buick.com/sedans/lacrosse...ury-sedan.html [/edit]
    I like the shape. I'd monkey with the grille and some front end details, and the wheels, but at first glance it has the air of the 2 gen LH Chryslers which I think are as good as US-America styling gets. Well, other than Caddys circa 1949-64.
    2017 GMC Terrain

    I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did. Yogi Berra
    Half the lies they tell about me aren't true. Yogi Berra

    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

  27. #14
    2.5L Iron Duke
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: 8 Things You Didnít Know About the Chinese-Spec 2017 Buick LaCrosse

    Quote Originally Posted by t-rexx View Post
    Remember the mid-70s when GM offered around TEN interior colors?

    Tan, brown, wine, red, light blue, dark blue, light green dark green, light gray, dark gray, black, white...
    Remember what home interiors looked like in the mid-1970s? My parents had a family room with blood red carpeting, red wallpaper, red furniture. A living room with light blue carpeting and blue-patterned furniture. A kitchen with avocado green appliances. etcetera. Beige and tan are what's in now.

  28. #15
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,545
    Thanks
    2,702
    Thanked 4,087 Times in 2,358 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: 8 Things You Didnít Know About the Chinese-Spec 2017 Buick LaCrosse

    Quote Originally Posted by 5200SuperSystem View Post
    Remember what home interiors looked like in the mid-1970s? My parents had a family room with blood red carpeting, red wallpaper, red furniture. A living room with light blue carpeting and blue-patterned furniture. A kitchen with avocado green appliances. etcetera. Beige and tan are what's in now.
    My house was built in the 1970's, someone had glued on strips of red shag carpeting to the basement steps for traction. Still on to this day.... Every time I go into the basement I live a little piece of the 70's!

  29. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2